Classic Muscle Car Championship Car Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter AEM Spec V
  • 29 comments
  • 12,207 views
Messages
29
I have fully built the Chevelle 454 that I won in the previous series to the full extent, but it seems that the more I build it the more built the AI cars seem to get. Which is the best car to win this series?

Thanks
-Dave
 
Yes, the AC Cobra does qualify. I believe that i won the muscle car race in a just-over-stock Chevelle 454.

You don't need a horrid amount of horsepower to win it. It was easy to win for me.. I don't understand why you're having such a hard time?
 
I used the Chevelle also, only mods i did to it were...
Oil change, chip, SR suspension, soft sport tires and weight reduction stg 1.
There was this one car I think it was a 62 Buick Special that would kill me in the straights(i maxed out at 133 with the stock gearing) so if ya wanna spend the loot get the racing tranny also...
I think this setup was kinda overkill, but I was not in the mood to be competetive :)
 
Acid X
Yes, the AC Cobra does qualify. I believe that i won the muscle car race in a just-over-stock Chevelle 454.

You don't need a horrid amount of horsepower to win it. It was easy to win for me.. I don't understand why you're having such a hard time?
I have not tried this race yet - so what your saying is my 700hp Cobra is overkill? :)
I imagine for some people going from LMS cars and other race cars, jumping into a 70's muscle car might be a steep learning curve.
 
Haha, yes, your Cobra is, infact, overkill. So what if you're used to driving an LM car? Jeeze. Take the time to slow down and look at the beauty and detail of the tracks! Hah.
 
62 buick can have over 800hp and will smoke that race championship
 
I just used my '69 Corvette and didn't have any troubles with it.
 
My 400hp '70 Dodge Charger was more than enough to win this. Just make sure you get the racing transmission, otherwise you'll be bouncing off the rev limiter on the long straights.
 
I did it with a stock Ford GT, which was definitely overkill, think I'm gonna redo the series with the prize car. In an attempt to make the worlds ugliest car I think I'm gonna stick a giant wing on the back...
 
I used my 69 Vette in three series last night(incl. muscle car) it is built up quite a bit so the challenge was to have throttle control. Otherwise you'll burn up your tires and the car handles way too loose but with some restraint it is still entertaining to race this way.
 
lol i raced that series last night in my fully modded Ford GT 05.. funnn stuff lol actually i just wanted to get some % nocked over so i can get to the enduro races... (besides those 1,000 mile ones for europe :p)

but then again.. i was racing against a dodge viper.. saleen.. lol no old cars, all mid-late-early 90's-00's cars so..
 
Too bad the '87 Buick GNX doesn't qualify for the series. I love that car. 👍
 
viper684
Too bad the '87 Buick GNX doesn't qualify for the series. I love that car. 👍

luv the GNX but that 62' Buick special blows them all away! 👍
 
The Chevelle with 700bhp and over 800 ft/lbs of torque should do it, but you have to widen the gear ratio significantly or you'll get dusted everytime there's a straight longer than 400m.
 
I have a fully built Chevelle, and thought it was to much for any track! It would always have tire wear problems, so I built and fully tuned a Stingray... Now this is a nice car and have had no trouble what so ever! Just becarful I seemed to have uneven tire wear problem no mater what I did... Or a stock 69' Camaro SS, that should have no problems eather!!!
 
Thanks for the respose. My intial choice was the Cobra, because it would decemate all. Since you have to purchase it in the UK, I wasn't sure if it would quality, until I saw it in the race! I can see, it is based on a British car, but the Cobra is as american as freedom fries and breast augmentations.
 
The AC Cobra does not qualify for this race, but the Shelby Cobra does. (I know its a little confusing but they are different cars, right hand drive vs left, year made, price, I had to do a double check) I used the Chevelle with just a super charger on it as I was just starting the game out and didnt have much money. My b-spec driver managed to win the series pretty easily with this car.
 
devestator_x
The AC Cobra does not qualify for this race, but the Shelby Cobra does. (I know its a little confusing but they are different cars, right hand drive vs left, year made, price, I had to do a double check)
Damn it - I have a fully loaded AC Cobra for the 1,000 event. Guess I'll have to buy a 2nd one now. Elenore isn't in this game, too bad (the original or the Nick Cage version, yes, gone in 60 seconds is a remake :crazy: )
 
emc.icon
i used a stock '62 buick special and blew them all away
That buick special is anything but stock. The original car had about 90 HP.
 
Is it still possible to enter a muscle car race with something other than a muscle car? In Gran Turismo 2 I could enter the competition vs Chargers and the likes with a Toyota GTOne. :dopey:
 
Ends up that the AC Cobra can NOT be raced in the Muscle Car Challenge by the player, but AI doesn't seem to have a problem driving it! :grumpy:
 
Hell yes that 62' Buick smokes. It keeps up with the AC nicely. Set the back suspension to stiff and the front to soft, then up the camber and that things good to turn at high speeds.
 
I enjoy the Special, I think it has to be my favorite car in the game thus far. I used it and it handled a lot better then I thought it would.
 
I used my GTO Le Mans '64.
 
im prob gonna buy it tomorrow if it can be bought, cuz from wat im hearin the chevelle i have wont be as successful
 
The car I used was the Mercury Cougar XR-7 from getting the "S" License, it made things real easy.
 
bmac420
The car I used was the Mercury Cougar XR-7 from getting the "S" License, it made things real easy.
I thought that would be a good car to use myself, until the first race had the AC in it, gaining a full 3 seconds every checkpoint at Laguna Seca. Tried it again, and another Cougar was in the field. I thought I would do okay, 'cause I've upgraded just about everything I could on it, but the AI Cougar stayed ahead of me, and there was some other car that was wasting both of us! I didn't notice what it was 'cause I have to admit I quit out of the race in disgust.

I'll have to look into the Chevelle... :)
 
The Chevelle is just fine for this race, in fact I took off the supercharger I put on it to make it more fun. That damn Buick is tough, though, it is just plain FAST! I might have to get one...
 
Back