United States
Orlando/Florida
Xx-Shagg-xX
D8859485_66955821_66629

323146_10150904092632060_2097524918_o_zps307d2c76.jpg

331114_3454502685610_1383324724_o_zps30168155.jpg

The FIA F1 Championship Series
Presented by the Gran Turismo Road Racing League

The GTRRL has run numerous successful series across the Gran Turismo 5 platform over many different classes of racing. For the first though, The GTRRL has decided to take a step into the world of open wheel racing and will host it's first ever series outside of the GT5 universe. We officially present the FIA F1 Championship Series!

The FIA F1CS will consist of a full 20 race championship over all 20 of the circuits available in the PS3 version of F1 2012

capsule_616x353.jpg

The format of the schedule will mirror that of the real life schedule and currently we will race two race events every Saturday Night. Therefore it should take about 10 weeks to finish the championship and crown a driver champion as well as a constructor championship.

Currently to make the racing as successful as possible, the series is closed to outside people. If you are interested in running in this series, this decision could be reversed after practice sessions and racing events with series stewards to get your license.

The number of drivers is limited to 16 drivers where others could be on a waiting list of some drivers exit the series. The rest of the field will be filled with AI drivers to give the field a full 24 drivers. AI drivers will also gain points in this championship and it is possible that an AI driver could even win the championship!

Teams/Drivers List​
Teams are limited to two drivers and team drivers must drive the same team cars. The table below shows drivers and teams for the F1CS.

D8859485_66955821_846215

Schedule​
TBD - the schedule will be based off the actual schedule in real life so click here to view the order of the races.​

Room and Race Settings​
TBD

Points System​
TBD - most likely will be the same system used in real life​

Other Important Things​
We will race Saturdays at 530pm ET. This is when the 15 minute qualifying session will begin and the order of the race will be set via this format.

Each week we will race between 25-50% percent races and will race two races a night.

(additional rules will be added to this as we get closer to the season starting)

Last edited:
Would like to know how to get 'invited' :)

The main thing is being clean. Given the limited spots we didn't want all of the F1 randoms joining (we all know how terrible they are... :nervous:)

If you're actually interested in the league you can race with one of our stewards just to make sure you're clean :)

Have you gotten the game yet?

Anyone from the previous GTP F1 2011 season, can vouch for Jacques as being the cleanest driver in that series.

Anyone from the previous GTP F1 2011 season, can vouch for Jacques as being the cleanest driver in that series.

👍👍 Awesome!

We put the Invite only to keep away people who don't want to play right. As you see we still have spots open so we are interested in adding more. If the time works for you Jacques, you're more then welcome to join then!

Perhaps people who are after invites could run a round in GTRRL SuperGT championship (Assuming they have GT5 of course)?

Looking good so far anyways, can't wait for the UK release!

Perhaps people who are after invites could run a round in GTRRL SuperGT championship (Assuming they have GT5 of course)?

Looking good so far anyways, can't wait for the UK release!

Very true. Have spots open to anyone who is interested in our premier league. Link is in my signature.

Ill be getting the game tomorrow Andy so we will probably be getting it nearly the same time 👍

The main thing is being clean. Given the limited spots we didn't want all of the F1 randoms joining (we all know how terrible they are... :nervous:)

If you're actually interested in the league you can race with one of our stewards just to make sure you're clean :)

Have you gotten the game yet?

Yes I have the game; did receive a friend request-perhaps from a Steward?

I am still figuring out settings and getting a feel for grip; but I am always wanting to race clean :)

Thanks for the glowing references JCM and PAWEL17 👍

I'd like to run in Senna's Williams please :)

Yes I have the game; did receive a friend request-perhaps from a Steward?

I am still figuring out settings and getting a feel for grip; but I am always wanting to race clean :)

Thanks for the glowing references JCM and PAWEL17 👍

I'd like to run in Senna's Williams please :)

Welcome mate! All I need now is your first and last name. (If you are uncomfortable providing your last name, last name initial will do)

Also, if you know someone else who is also clean, you can have them join as your teammate if you'd like

Do you think we'll run ABS on or off? I enjoy it either way, but I was just wondering on which to get used to? ABS off is such a fun challenge, but consistency and room for error greatly increases.

So what is the call going to be, you think?

Also when like what time are you getting the game? I would like to run some laps with someone I know.

VELOCI_2NR
Do you think we'll run ABS on or off? I enjoy it either way, but I was just wondering on which to get used to? ABS off is such a fun challenge, but consistency and room for error greatly increases.

So what is the call going to be, you think?

Also when like what time are you getting the game? I would like to run some laps with someone I know.

Right now let's say on until we get better haha. I'm on the interstate now. My gf bought the game for me and she has it. She's going to give it to me tonight and ill see when I get to play it. Possibly later tonight

Just been running a few laps at Albert Park in my Lotus. My PB is a 1'36.5 on a scrappy lap, but I'm starting to get a feel!!

It's been a bit of a nightmare getting the wheel setup though, it's so twitchy in default setup but feels really heavy now :( bit more work to do!

Also, graphics seem quite poor so far, I'm sure it looks worse than F1 2010 does on my pc. Still, looks like it'll be good fun when I get the wheel setup right!

Edit: Improved to a 1'34.5
This is gonna be fun!

Last edited:

If thats the case I wouldn't mind joining if theres a spot available. Sent you a friend request.

Something interesting: The AI seems to be really good at Melbourne.

I have gotten through 6 races in my career and they are definitely the fastest at Melbourne thus far. Have the AI on professional and driving for Force India. At Melbourne I started 18th and survived to finish 14th. After that I always made it into Q3 and even won in my 3rd career start at Malaysia in wire to wire fasion. Also could have had two wins in a row the next week in Bahrain but spun with twq laps to go and finished 3rd...

So beware of Melbourne haha

I quite like the place! Shagg, what lap times were you running around Melbourne?

I don't remember what I ran in that Force India but I ran some laps in Time Trial with my Ferrari. I think it will tell you there if you look. I don't remember tho.

Back