CLOSED: Poll: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 6 - LAMBORGHINI POLL (WINNER: Moglet)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 38 comments

Which raging bull bucks the competition?

• [url=http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/vrajdeber/Ahrweiler-TownSquare_1_big.jpg][img]http://i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
headerpoll.png

themet.png

Further explanation of theme, in the words of ...UH... ME:

It's a Head2Head poll this week, folks! You saw this theme coming, it was only a matter of time:
Chromatic9 wants to see your best prancing horse, or your best raging bull. Pick a side, but either way,
do Enzo and Ferruccio proud with your shots this week!

CARS: Ferrari or Lamborghini only.
LOCATIONS: any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: none past manufacturer.

20week02rules.png

• Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Have confidence in your photo; don't try to sway the poll.
  • Don't forget to vote in both side polls during H2H weeks!
  • ...and THEN vote on the final head to head poll (created Thursday)!
  • First-stage polls is up until the week's Thursday.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created to end Friday.
  • Second-stage poll is up until Saturday.
  • In the event of a second tie, judge's vote is deciding factor.
  • Winners have 48 hours to get their new theme to the host.
  • If the winner can't provide it in time, the runner-up gets to choose.
20week01deadline.png

Shame they are all premium. Does this really affect your choice? A premium pic versus standards, this is 2.0 after all...
And i tried to get rid off standard jaggies...

Because i love to learn, i would love to hear the motivation of the voter; :)

Last edited:
Actually the 4th last one of a countach is a standard car.

Theres no doubt that the photomode competitions are more biased to premium cars, however when done right a standard car can look great too, and the countach one was outstanding for being a standard car.

Very true about the countach, lovely shot.
By the way, no worries in criticising me, i learn from it so... ;)

Here they are compared, the clean GT5 picture and the altered version, just to show you what i generally change, as in my opinion that's what 2.0 is all about.
So a standard car is maybe a bigger challenge to get looking ok, wich i see as a challenge. :) But failed this week it seems. :D

Shame they are all premium. Does this really affect your choice? A premium pic versus standards, this is 2.0 after all...
And i tried to get rid off standard jaggies...

Because this was my entry^, and because i love to learn, i would love to hear the motivation of the voter; :)

Countach is there.

There was around 50 eligible entries for Lamborghini and 20 places for the vote.

After looking through 248 posts and noting down the posts numbers (the mod asked for them by post numbers) I had them almost ready and then the mod removed a post which altered the numbering. I go through again and adjust 60 or so shortlist for both Ferrari/Lambo and the mod adds the post back in the thread again without telling me.

I stand by all the chosen entries except the lambo in the edited Eiger tunnel with has slipped through. I carefully looked at them full size which took a long time even without mods removing posts which messed up the numbering.

GAHH! just noticed some horrible retouching on mine :( My home monitor is rubbish and now I'm at work I see it. ahh well better luck next week.

@ Chromatic. No worries, wo worries, :) I didn't mean to say the others didn't deserve to be in the poll.
Because they are all very nice. That seemed like a hard days work for you.:crazy:

What i just wanted was some personal critics on my own picture. Because i'm beginning to suspect i might need to calibrate my screen again.

My mod-hat duties interfered with my comp-host-hat duties.

I can attest that sitting in the boards, Chromatic was online viewing this thread for a very, very long time, before the spam-deleting incident. I trust his judgment and that he put a lot of thought into his picks. We're all bound to think our entries deserve, if not the win, to definitely place well; if we didn't think that, why would we enter? The overwhelming response last week meant there'd be a lot more cut than usual, though. It comes with the territory, and there's that old cliché, art is subjective anyways.

Speed, while having the original sat beside it definitely shows the amount of effort you put into cleaning, for me personally, the amount of effort that goes into the image isn't my main concern, it's just if the image grabs my eyes and really interests me. Again, this is just a personal opinion, but I look at the composition, the colours, the "mood" of the shot, and don't think too much about how much time the user may have put into it. For me it's about the best picture, not which of us has the most Photoshop abilities :).

I like your shot, though I probably would've tried to get the Diablo more on the far portion of the track, and moved the camera with it to get rid of the little strip of grass across the bottom, as that's distracting. And because it's a badass Lambo, I probably would've went for a warm tone instead. That's my point; we all do it differently :P

Would I have picked the Top 20 for each poll differently? Of course! I'm pretty sure just about every one of us would have some changes compared to each other, that's the beauty of it 👍

@ Chromatic. No worries, wo worries, :) I didn't mean to say the others didn't deserve to be in the poll.
Because they are all very nice. That seemed like a hard days work for you.:crazy:

What i just wanted was some personal critics on my own picture. Because i'm beginning to suspect i might need to calibrate my screen again.

I actually prefer the unedited as the lighting looks better and more space around the car. The edit looks a bit awkward space wise and the car a bit flat. I read and seen your alterations at the time but the picture didn't do much for me.

My monitor is calibrated to D65 but at night and just leaning back a bit on a LCD the Lambo in the tunnel looks okay, but it isn't.

Really love Sprites image but would like the right corner not to be clipped.

Last edited:
Thanks alot! both for giving some crits :)

One little thing, originals composition is very bad, might be space around car but the picture is leaning ot the left,
that was fixed by cutting it like you see on the right, car not in center makes it more interesting and pic sits in ballance now. :)

But yeah, i should've gone with a shot from further off, could be better for these standards, and not so in profile, because indeed it looks a bit flat.

Anyway, i voted for a very good pic! Good luck with all of you!

And i also believe, if any of you want critics as to why or why not you made it in here?
Post them here, because in my opinion, if you think you need them, you need them! :)

Last edited:
Thanks alot! :)

One little thing, originals composition is very bad, might be space around car but the picture is leaning ot the left, that was fixed by cutting it like you see on the right, car not in center makes it more interesting and pic sits in ballance now. :)

Anyway, i voted for a very good pic! Good luck with all of you!

Greets

Well I wasn't saying to keep it un-cropped like that. Anyways, good luck next week.

Good luck to all. Also thanks to chromatic9 as its nice to be cionsidred for the poll. 👍

so very difficult.

I won't lie, my vote was picked by a coin toss.
I'm sitting here going "it's sprite or Moglet. . . it's sprite. . . well moglet's has.. . .but sprite. . . ah eff it"

heads it was sprite, tails was mog.

so very difficult.

I won't lie, my vote was picked by a coin toss.
I'm sitting here going "it's sprite or Moglet. . . it's sprite. . . well moglet's has.. . .but sprite. . . ah eff it"

heads it was sprite, tails was mog.

:lol: I actually did do a coin toss and it chose Mog ahead of Kyle(Slip).If anybody want to see how good a Lambo looks in GT5 they can look no further :D

Wow.. so many great shots this week. Thnks for the votes guys, really appreciate it. 👍

... however when done right a standard car can look great too, and the countach one was outstanding for being a standard car.

Cheers guys, I'm quite pleased just to be in the poll. There was definitely a lot of excellent competition for this one. Good luck to everyone.

6 People accidently clicked on mine instead of a good picture.
Seriously how did i get 6 votes over Moglet's, Sprite's, Sem's, and Slip's ?

6 People accidently clicked on mine instead of a good picture.
Seriously how did i get 6 votes over Moglet's, Sprite's, Sem's, and Slip's ?

Don't put yourself down so much, it's an excellent photo that's easily on par with mine, Sprite's, Sem's, and Slip's entries. The close up shot always works well on wheels and it's an interesting subject that has been captured well. I was expecting it to get more votes than it has to be honest!

I'm just happy with the amount of votes I have, and from whom :).

Mog's shot is excellent for numerous reasons, especially the realism. I knew my shot had a more fantasy-like feel to it (the background fog/mountain view), and I knew it'd probably count against me for some votes. There are some fantastic, fantastic shots in the poll though, brimming with quality this week.

I thought I'd see more votes for empty_space's; the sky is over-exposed, but that cherry red Gallardo is such an incredible colour 👍

I should've added "a little bit" into that comment too, by the way, about the sky. It doesn't distract at all, and everythings so sharp and clean. You must tell me what chip you used so that I can add it to my hunting list :D

If only I could take all of these shots and make full-size posters out of them. The walls in my room would be filled with them. Really great job, everyone. It's a shame there isn't an option for multiple choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back