College Football: 2024 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 68 comments
It's Saturday. It's Fall/Autumn. What do you do this time of year? Watch college football! Watch one game. Watch multiple games. Watch as many games as you like. Just make today a fun one!

Enjoy today's games!

Can't understand why Kentucky isn't ranked after almost beating Georgia. They oughtta be now after taking out Ole Miss.

Well, Omnis, they'd BETTER be ranked. Hello- knock off the No. 6 team in the nation! Is Kentucky for real? Look what @Jordan 's Kentucky Wildcats did recently- a 20-17 victory at the No. 6 Ole Miss Rebels. BIG win for the 'Cats.

Meanwhile, I'm watching a banger of a contest- Colorado at UCF. Solid offense by both the Colorado Buffaloes and the UCF Golden Knights.

Watching football all day, but mainly sticking to B12 games. Watching Iowa and Houston right now

IMG_5077.jpeg

…that’s my new Arizona hat btw 😀

…while making some homemade chips and guacamole
IMG_5079.jpeg

After I just hung…ummm..errrr…(taped) my new Arizona flag to my front porch

IMG_5081.jpeg

Perfect Saturday for me!

Last edited:
Musings time. Get ready...

* I knew No. 2 Georgia at No. 4 Alabama was going to a banger, and boy was it ever! Them Georgia Bulldogs were down by about two touchdowns until they came right back and took the lead at 34-33 with around 2:40 left in the game. Then 2:18 was left on the clock as Alabama re-took the lead. And that was a lead Alabama didn't give back. It was a 41-34 victory for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

* Speaking of bangers, it was a great contest in Orlando once the bad weather moved out. The Colorado Buffaloes took down the UCF Golden Knights 48-21.

* My Houston Cougars lost 20-0 at home to No. 18 Iowa State. Now all of a sudden, the Coogs can't score points to save their lives. Maybe we should keep playing Rice to enhance our Bowl eligibility.

* Texas Southern fell at home bad in this "Tiger Bowl." It was a 43-14 smacking Jackson State put on Texas Southern. Texas Southern made their only two scores in the fourth quarter.

* James Madison wrecked North Carolina 70-50 last week. What did the Dukes do for an encore? Oh, nothing... beat Ball State 63-7...

* As for North Carolina, the Tar Heels went to Duke and lost 21-20 to the Duke Blue Devils in this battle of basketball powers.

* Indiana is now 5-0 for the first time in a while. The Hoosiers knocked off the visiting Maryland Terrapins 42-28.

* CommanderBond's No. 9 Penn State Nittany Lions downed the No. 19 Illinois Fighting Illini 21-7.

* Navy remains undefeated as the Midshipmen defeated the UAB Blazers 41-18. Both Army and Navy are 4-0.

* Omnis' Florida Atlantic Owls took on another pack of birds, the Wagner Seahawks. Smooth sailing. The Owls won 41-10.

* TB is smiling because the North Dakota State Bison smashed the Illinois State Redbirds 42-10.

Congratulations to all other winners this week!

Congratulations to @Yard_Sale 's Arizona Wildcats on upsetting the previously undefeated Utah Utes! It was a 23-10 victory in Salt Lake City as the Arizona Wildcats picked up a huge win.

Back