Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 7 comments
General Information

1. What is Zero Hour?

Zero Hour is the official expansion pack for C&C Generals. It combines new units and a new gameplay mode to immerse players in a whole new gaming experience for the series.

2. Who is the developer behind Zero Hour?

The developer for Zero Hour is Electronic Arts Los Angeles. EALA is the combination of Westwood Studios, EA Pacific, and the development teams responsible for the Medal of Honor series.

3. What new features do we see in Zero Hour?

Zero Hour will feature the same sides as Generals did but will add new units, fifteen new single player missions, and a brand new game mode.

More details in the questions below.

4. What are Zero Hour's system requirements?

They are the same as the ones for Generals: 800 MHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor, 128 MB RAM, Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP (Windows NT/95 NOT supported), a 32 MB nVidia GeForce 2/ATI Radeon 7500 compatible video card, DirectX 8.1 compatible 16-bit sound card, 1.8 GB free hard drive space, and a 8x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive.

Since Zero Hour is an expansion pack for Generals, you must have Generals installed on your system before you can install Zero Hour.

Story and Single Player Campaign

1. What is Zero Hour's story?

The gist of the Zero Hour story is that the United States won the original war. The GLA is now trying to reorganize its splintered cells. US command faces off against one of these cells and a gamma toxin general named Dr. Thrax. The US scenario revolves around defeating Thrax and his arsenal of chemical weapons. The GLA, on the other hand, is still just as strong. Thrax is only one of the troublemakers, while a prince in Egypt (a general adept in the art of camouflage) is stirring up things in the Middle East. Finally, after the US receives a crippling blow from the GLA and becomes a bit more isolationist, the Chinese come into Europe and want to be the next world power.

2. How many missions does the single player campaign include?

The single player campaign includes 15 missions, five for each faction.

Gameplay

1. What changes have been made to the gameplay?

The main change, in addition to new units, is the Generals Mode of gameplay. This mode will see players choosing a general which specializes in a certain method of warfare. Once using a general and defeating the enemies in a single player type mode, players will get the chance to use these specialized generals online.

2. What are the currently known Generals?

Right now, there is a general who is all defense (the "turtle" strategy), a radiation general (nukes), a tank rush general, a toxin general, a camouflage general, and an air force general. The others have not yet been unveiled.

3. Are there any new tech structures?

There are two new tech structures in Zero Hour. There is a stationary cannon building which will fire upon enemy units and can also be garrisoned by troops. In addition there is a reinforcement building which will call in reinforcements which you can use against your enemies.

Screenshots

- From PlanetCNC

I've never really been a fan of the C&C series, but C&C Generals and this new expansion pack just might change my mind.

Originally posted by Integra Type R
I've never really been a fan of the C&C series, but C&C Generals and this new expansion pack just might change my mind.
I didn't mind a bit of old school C&C, but Generals just blows away all the others. Especially with that cool matrix bullet-time effect.

Latest Posts

Back