Contimplating another wheel.

Okay well heres the story,

When I was younger I had an oldschool Logitec Wheel for my Need For Speed High Stakes. It was fun but since I had never driven a car then I didn't know the difference. Then I got another wheel for PS2 (NFS Underground). That was horrible. It had no steering resistance and was like totally oversteering all over the place, it was like a back forth back forth back forth thing to get the car to straighten, the pedals had no resistance and it was impossible to get a respectible race in. I traded that in for another MicroCon PS2 controler. Now that I am older and have driven befor I want to know if these newer wheels will be realistic and actually fun to use on GT4 without the whole oversteer back and forth thing that drove me nuts. I want to know befor I but my forth driving wheel. Thanks for all of your opinions and taking the time to help.

as you can see in tons of thread here and on other forums the dfp is pretty much the best wheel for its price. there's a wheel coming out that costs over 1k that kills the dfp but i'm guessing you wouldnt want to shell out that much for a wheel.
with granturismo 4 you'll notice the game feels much more natural with the dfp than any other input device. If you've driven a car in real life you'll also notice a few flaws with gt4's physics.
If you get the dfp and you have a decent pc i'd reccomend getting Richard Burns Rally. NetKar Pro is coming out soon and that game is supposed to be the best racing sim out. I cant wait to playthe demo :D

the search button is your best friend :D dont be afraid to use it

Back