cool drift article

It brought up a good point: If drifting comes into the mainstream it will probably be in the X-games. Which would be 'tarded. And Initial D is doing this. And if that one guy goes with his word, I'll kill him.

I dono why everyone is soo freaked about ricers saying they "drifted" coughassdraggedcough their civics. After they go through a set of 20 inch dubs in 2 weeks theyll call it quits. I havent seen any riced out cars that are knows as drifters either. Not to mention like no one at our school knows what the he1l drifting means cept for my friends because Ive told em about it.

Originally posted by Nitroboy24
I dono why everyone is soo freaked about ricers saying they "drifted" coughassdraggedcough their civics. After they go through a set of 20 inch dubs in 2 weeks theyll call it quits. I havent seen any riced out cars that are knows as drifters either. Not to mention like no one at our school knows what the he1l drifting means cept for my friends because Ive told em about it.

The point is they'll imitate it. They'll think its cool using zip ties to hold kits on. They'll think its ''old skool' or something. Thats what F&F brought with street racers. And stuff like this makes everyone think smokeys and squeals are drifting...In like 2 years. IF THAT, drifting will be as bad as street races..But then again. They'll still be everyone here that laughs at them and actually understands what they're doing. :lol:

Interesting article. for some reason i dont like the way the writer wrote it. I cant put my finger on it, but he seemed a little to "formal" in the way that he wrote it. but i guess u would have to be like that when writting for a magazine

this what makes good stuff the illegal or the retared and then comes the making fun off part

I don't think drifting will ever become rice. There's nothing to immitate, we all have ****ty cars for the most part, and everyone has their own style as far as the appearance of the car. The only thing that sets drifting apart is the style of driving, and that can't be immitated, it can only be adopted. Riceboys run out and pit their cars against each other in the 1/4, but we pit our drivers against each other in the mountains. As Nitroboy said, ricers won't last very long in the drift scene, and will probably be ridiculed while they are in it.

Good point..I didn't think of it that way (the actual driving part). All I know is here there are Accords with drivers claiming to drift. I ask to see an exibition (sp?) and they say their AE86 or Rx-7 Or whatever is at home. Its this I am commenting on. And the sad part is, the other people belive these guys. even though you know they dont have the AE86 or Rx-7 or whatever, you do get angry about it, its very hard not to.

yeah, i guess u have to be good or dedicate time if ur going to be a drifter, not just going out and pulling the e-brake around a turn like some wannabee's, drift is a sport that shall be saved...

I thought that was a pretty good article because it talked about people in nowhere. I live out here in Kentucky and no one knows what drifiting is. I bust out ae86 or Hachi-roku and the only people who know what I'm talking about are my friends. And when I make fun of F&F the little riceys start crying about how it was a good movie. I feel really bad for the people who started racing before the movie came out. I doubt that drifting will go main or stay there for long because you can only avoid showing that you can actually drift for so long.

But I have to admit that I got into drifting after I read it in some mags. But then I did my reasearch and know a little bit more then when I started liking it.

Another thing to add. Many ricers out there dont know everything about there car, While many drifters know every inch or there car. A kid in my cousins school had a riced out prelude and tried to drift around a turn while his friend was in it. They got crazy understeer and hit a mail box and slammed into a curb. Ruined the car completly. But to save himself from embarassment. He claimed that his friend in the passenger seat pulled the ebrake while turning, making them crash. He sewed him, but im not sure what the outcome of the courtcase was. Ill have to ask my cousin, ill get back to that when i find out.

Originally posted by driftingmonkey
Another thing to add. Many ricers out there dont know everything about there car, While many drifters know every inch or there car. A kid in my cousins school had a riced out prelude and tried to drift around a turn while his friend was in it. They got crazy understeer and hit a mail box and slammed into a curb. Ruined the car completly. But to save himself from embarassment. He claimed that his friend in the passenger seat pulled the ebrake while turning, making them crash. He sewed him, but im not sure what the outcome of the courtcase was. Ill have to ask my cousin, ill get back to that when i find out.

soooo damn tru, i gotta bunch of friends talking bout turbo, supercharers and blah blah and i asked how they worked, no clue.

Back