1629303862145.png

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 3.2L V6
Power: 225-261hp
Torque: 217-232lb-ft
Weight: 1565-1590kg
Tranmission: 5-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: Like the first-generation CL, the second-gen was largely based on the TL sedan, and was sold exclusively in North America, with no Japanese version. The second-gen CL placed a greater emphasis on sportiness and a premium aesthetic, hence having a higher starting price. It also featured a Type-S variant making 260hp and a 6-speed manual, allowing for a 0-60 time of 5.7 seconds and top speed of 160mph. Due to poor sales, the CL was dropped after three model years with no successor.
fd2295ba-2003-acura-cl-type-s.jpg

20ACGEE3.jpg

images

Wow, early '00s GPS time
03801091990010.jpg

The regular one alone would get a meh, decent enough looks but that's probably it. The Type-S brings it to a low cool. Short production run doesn't hurt it in my eyes either.

I've never loved or hated fully any Acura excluding the NSX. Usually among luxury brands, I am often a Lexus person. The styling is fairly sharp on this Acura CL. Not beautiful, but very nicely styled. While driving or owning one of these doesn't make you cool, it is at least appealing in a sense to where you'd even bother to get one. So I'm going Meh on this Acura CL.

There is nothing really outstanding on this car, but it's not too generic to put a uncool on it, so meh.

As soon as someone put SZ, someone else put SU. This car's remained at a 0.000 balance pretty much the whole time the post was up, which is a rare treat.

The frontal treatment is poor but the overall design is quite nice, if a bit bland. I think it just makes cool as I really wish you could get something like this from Honda now.

Last edited:
Back