Cord 812 1937

CORRUPTEDDISC

(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
CORRUPTED_DISC
image.jpg
image.jpg

This vintage beauty is powered by a 4.6 litre 175 bhp V8. I pictured both the open and closed top versions, because either would be very cool to have on GranTurismo.

There's actually 3 distinct bodystyles of the 810/812: the Westchester and Beverly sedans, the Sportsman 2-seat convertible and the 4-seat Phaeton convertible. I think the Phaeton is more attractive than the Sportsman; mainly because of how they look with their tops up and the Phaeton's rear quarter window. Opinions vary, obviously. Most probably say the Sportsman is more desirable from a collector's view.

My father-in-law has an 812 Phaeton that spent 10+ yrs in restoration. Lovely car to drive, other than the slightly scary brakes. The semi-automatic transmission is really cool. You pre-select your next gear on this tiny little shifter that looks like a joystick. Then when you want it to shift, just step on the clutch for a couple seconds, listen to it shift gears, then let off the pedal. Was a truly innovative car in a lot of respects, which probably contributed to it not lasting very long on the market.

Sorry it's just a link, not a pic...i apparently fail at attaching photos.

http://photos.imageevent.com/jctair/1937cord812forsale/websize/1937 Cord 047.JPG

Back