Corsair Reveals Its New Sim Racing Rig to Launch Later This Year

• Thread starter Famine
  • 18 comments
Looks good, I don't know the cost, though one day there may be a time when it will be cheaper for a company to remove your home's roof and crane in a cheap car bought from Ebay. Thrustmaster will sell an OBD2 cable that plugs into it and the console/pc of your choice.

Looks good, I don't know the cost, though one day there may be a time when it will be cheaper for a company to remove your home's roof and crane in a cheap car bought from Ebay. Thrustmaster will sell an OBD2 cable that plugs into it and the console/pc of your choice.
According to official comments here it is under 1000 USD, there is also other interesting information.

Last edited:
I'm different than most gamers as I have RA arthritis, so the first thing I look at is can I get into the rig and more importantly can I get out of it. My current rig is a XRocker pestal chair and a next level racing wheel stand G29 wheel.I have thin plate between seat and rig to keep the seat from moving away from wheelstand I did have a custom homemade wheel stand and car seat but got to where I couldn't get out of it. The same thing with this rig if I could fall into it I would need a crane to lift me out of it. Yes I have a hard time getting up off the floor (I try not to get on floor unless it's something I have to do). Otherwise the rig looks good. Maybe someday someone will decide to open store's where you could go and see/test fit rigs before buying, it would be well worth a 100 mile road trip if you could check out several different rigs.

I'm different than most gamers as I have RA arthritis, so the first thing I look at is can I get into the rig and more importantly can I get out of it. My current rig is a XRocker pestal chair and a next level racing wheel stand G29 wheel.I have thin plate between seat and rig to keep the seat from moving away from wheelstand I did have a custom homemade wheel stand and car seat but got to where I couldn't get out of it. The same thing with this rig if I could fall into it I would need a crane to lift me out of it. Yes I have a hard time getting up off the floor (I try not to get on floor unless it's something I have to do). Otherwise the rig looks good. Maybe someday someone will decide to open store's where you could go and see/test fit rigs before buying, it would be well worth a 100 mile road trip if you could check out several different rigs.
I'm in the same boat with RA, plus I have a leg missing so I know a bit of how you feel. I'd be okay with that rig if I put it up on some pallets or something to bring it up to wheelchair height... but that thing looks huge and space would be more of a concern for me.

Will need to see adequate options including: good 5.1 speaker and subwoofer shelves, along with motorized seat and pedal movement controls, adequate shelves mounts for PCs/PS5s, and some tslot mounts to the tubes for things like elgato streaming boxes, volume control, fuzzy dice, ignition switches, CB radio, etc.

The built-in single-monitor mount seems a bit limited, it doesn't look like you can place the monitor just above the drive shaft, i.e. as close as possible. Maybe I'm wrong.

I turn 59 in a couple of months and I bought the Fanatec racing rig a few months ago. I don't know what possessed me to buy it. Yes the seating position in regards to my tv is better but the seat is about 3 or 4 inches off of the floor. I have to kind of roll out of it instead of getting up out of it.

Mine is about 50-60lbs and it is a little difficult to slide it around and I expect as I age that is going to get harder. The one pictured here looks like it weighs a lot more than 50lbs. There's no way I would have enough room for that one. It looks a lot more substantial than mine.

I’m no expert in these cockpits but it appears to be promising considering it’s their first attempt. They are ticking many boxes out the gate I think.

Reddit for the win. I didn't want to venture over to twitter just to get more details on it. I like it, but I know it's going to be priced above my budget. Its still interesting though.

Some pictures of my RA arthritis rig swivels so I can get out high enough so I can raise up strap to keep seat from sliding on the hardwood floors. It does wiggle some but not bad. Also made my grandson similar setup except with Jr XROCKER seat. Also mine has the big foot brake pedal never liked the clutch on the G29.

Attachments

• 20230912_102445.jpg
    20230912_102445.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230912_102420.jpg
    20230912_102420.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230912_102125.jpg
    20230912_102125.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230912_102438.jpg
    20230912_102438.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230912_101915.jpg
    20230912_101915.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Will need to see adequate options including: good 5.1 speaker and subwoofer shelves, along with motorized seat and pedal movement controls, adequate shelves mounts for PCs/PS5s, and some tslot mounts to the tubes for things like elgato streaming boxes, volume control, fuzzy dice, ignition switches, CB radio, etc.

I own a Trak Racer Alpine TRX. This rig appears to be a clone.
The TRX has the 5.1 speaker Mounts, monitor attachment, PC Shelf, etc.
It all integrates and works quite well. The pedal deck and seat are not motorized (manual adjustments), but they also work exceptionally well.

When I had my full rig I actually built a full base out of 2"x6"s and 3/4" plywood mounted on eight 4" locking castor wheels to get the rig up off the floor and make it more easy to move.
That worked well for me in making the rig easier to enter and exit.

I had some additional health issues about 2 years ago and ended up needing to downsize my living arrangements, so I sold the full rig as well as my Fanatec dd wheelbase and clubsport v3 pedals.

I recently moved again and have been thinking about casually doing some sim racing/flying again.
I still have my CSL Elite wheelbase and csl elite loadcell pedals I kept as a backup if I ever needed them.

Although I do currently have room where I could do a full rig if I wanted to I am going to pass on that option this go round.

I played sim racing games for years using a wheelstand and locked down gaming/office chair and to be honest after owning both I think I enjoyed the thoughts and expectations of having the full rig and better gear than I ever really felt it made my gaming experience more enjoyable or really improved my lap times.

So honestly I am just going back to the wheelstand but I am going to finally give the VR experience a go.

PSVR 2 + Next levels DD stand + sofa = racing on a good old fashion bench seat…without the risk of launching yourself across the vehicle lol.

I really need to upgrade from my Playseat Challenge, so this looks interesting. Unless I have to get it shipped from outside of Canada, that would be a deal breaker.

Last edited:
I own a Trak Racer Alpine TRX. This rig appears to be a clone.
The TRX has the 5.1 speaker Mounts, monitor attachment, PC Shelf, etc.
It all integrates and works quite well. The pedal deck and seat are not motorized (manual adjustments), but they also work exceptionally well.
I have a TRX as well and am in process of addressing the gaps.

Still TrakRacer and or corsair should be raising the bar, not just letting this remain in 1970s tech for the past decade.

The TRX 5.1 mounts are horribly positioned, the fronts are way far away and off the sides, they should be inside the frame rails and close to the front/wheel base/single monitor mount. The rears are down below to the sides of the seat, not behind. And there is no shelf for the subwoofer, so the wheels for the TRXn to be able to easily roll it around are limited by not being able to have everything mounted to the unit.

The price would be really interesting to me; if it's north of 600$/€ (and in 8020 territory) I wouldn't consider it ._.

Latest Posts

Back