Creative Zen

anyone got one?
i've been thinking of getting one.what i like so far about reading reviews of them is:

-Removable Lith. Battery
-Either A/C or USB Docking Recharging
-The Design
-Back Light

I have a Zen Micro. It's the only mp3 player I've owned so I guess I am kind of biased saying that I really like it and would buy another Creative product in the future. If you have any questions fire away and I'll try to help you.

Creative has the best sounding mp3 players on the market if you have an ultra high end set of headphones. Take that and the 24 hour battery life (Zen Touch) and it's a player that I'd DEFINATELY take interest in.

Another option is to go with iRiver. I have the H140 and it runs great - even more so with the Rockbox firmware. Their H3x series are also pretty slick with the color screen. With a bit of messing around, you can even watch video on it 👍

Actually iRivers are the best sounding once, also the most expensive ones.

I'm sure that Zen is a good buy, just read some reviews on reliable sites and you decide which one you want to buy. I personally have an iPod, which is also a good player.

would a felt pouch actually have any influence your buying decision?

From their website
Creative Zen Touch Player
Pair of Stereo Earphones
Universal Power Adapter
Carrying case
USB 2.0 Cable
1 Installation CD
Quick Start Guide

:)

I have a zen micro.

Since its my 1st player, I can't judge others but I feel the sound quality is not bad with the supplied earphones and the removable battery is definitely a plus

Also, the blue light thingy is quite cool too..

smellysocks12
Actually iRivers are the best sounding once, also the most expensive ones.
SRS WOW sound! Great bass!

Yes the H3xx series are excellent offering great sound and good video playback at a modest price, the navigation is easy although some people are put of by the fact is has 3 different main menus, this structure is actually very easy to master for anyone with a computer! All this for a modest price :dopey: !

The USB host socket is a great addition as is the 2 earphone jacks, it eliminates the need for splitters. The case is high quality leather and is both tough and beutiful, it has a plastic screen protecter and acsess to all of the controls and the charging socket so you never really need to take the iRiver out of its case :dopey:

I would say that iRiver are making all of the best mp3 players on the market ( H10, H320, H340, PiMP(also known as the PMC in some countries),H120,H140) but the current creative range is also very good.

By all means get a zen touch, several people I know have them and they all like them, however despite being a very good mp3 player I would not call it my first choice.

Flame-returns
SRS WOW sound! Great bass!
Maybe my ears are spoiled to hell, but I never really liked having that enabled. Crossfeed circuits are nice, but I personally find that the software based ones like SRS WOW degrade sound quality. Either way, it's a nifty feature if you don't have high end headphones

no,the felt pouch wouldn't influence my buying it,i just headed there this morning and seen that.

i haven't really seen either the Iriver or Zen in stores around here.i guess wal-mart would have it but there eletronic section is under construction till this sunday.

Lt.Doomsday
no,the felt puch wouldn't influence my buying it,i just headed there this morning and seen that.

i haven't really seen either the Iriver or Zen in stores around here.i guess wal-mart would have it but there eletronic section is under construction till this sunday.
the Best Buys up here carry the iRiver and Creative players. Try there if you haven't already. When you buy, try and purchase online (after researching the store for reliability). You can save a LOT of money that way compared to buying straight from the stores or the company

I LOVE my zen touch, though it doesn't have a removable battery. The battery lasts forever and charges up real quick.

I have crappy headphones but it also sounds goood running through my stereo.

I've got 60 GB old Zen Xtra and it's probably the best sounding portable device i've ever had. Although I purely use it for audiobooks now, it held up to a years constant use for about 2/3 hours every day. Also i've got a decent pair of Sony in ears, because the ones which come with the unit aren't that good.

The only complaint with it is that the conectivity software is a bit silly. I mean why they couldn't have just classified it as a mass storage device I don't know. Eh they might have changed that in the newer models anyway.

still haven't gotten it.work's been crappy and by the time i come home,i've been falling asleep in my computer chair.

i'm gonna try and get it this weekend at staples.

well,i got it and get this...........mine is dead.to me,looks like the HD is stuck.it won't boot up and it hangs.

a month and a half.i didn't even use it that much due to work and all.

i can't believe this,i'm returning it tomorrow.Customer Support wasn't helpful at all and either was the support forum.

Lt.Doomsday
well,i got it and get this...........mine is dead.to me,looks like the HD is stuck.it won't boot up and it hangs.

a month and a half.i didn't even use it that much due to work and all.

i can't believe this,i'm returning it tomorrow.Customer Support wasn't helpful at all and either was the support forum.
did it get shaken around a bit too roughly? It *does* run on a hard drive after all - it could be that the read head hit the platter while it was spinning.

emad
did it get shaken around a bit too roughly? It *does* run on a hard drive after all - it could be that the read head hit the platter while it was spinning.

nope.never shook it or was rough with it.i take care of my stuff,i treated this very well.

Lt.Doomsday
nope.never shook it or was rough with it.i take care of my stuff,i treated this very well.
yeea, I know how that goes. One of my 200gb drives died just a week after I bought it... my dvd burner died just 6 months 👎

had that too. My List of hardware that's crapped out:
this is a list that has been comp. since 1994 with the families packard bell.
3 Segate HD's
1 17inch Reman Gateway Monitor{i was poor at the time and needed a monitor}
My New Box:
1 Maxtor 80gig HD{D.O.A. out of the box}
3 LeadTek Ge-Force2 GTS Cards
1 1.44 Floppy Drive
1 52x Cd-rom Drive
1 PSU{Stock 300 ATX PSU that came with my Enlight 7237 Case,started to spaz out}
Add to the List Now:
1 Creative Zen Player

Man I saw this thread and I thought i'd ***** a bit about the damn thing.

Well to be honest the player unit has been fantastic, holding up to about a year and a bit of constant abuse. And then just constant use at home. And the sound quality is probably the best i've ever had from a portable device.

But the software, why do creative have to make some stupid proprietary software instead of making the damn thing a simple portable hdd? So if you want to use the thing on any pc, you have to install so much crap. I DON'T WANT TO REGISTER THE PRODUCT, IT'S ****ING TWO YEARS OLD NOW ****ING CREATIVE LABS.

I have an old Zen (a whole 1gig) that I use in the car and I use windows to transfer to an from it.

The Zen range would always be my personal choice, they are well built, sound great and are stupidly easy to use. Strongly recomended.

Scaff

My current Sony Walkman seems to be losing it's battery endurance. It was fully charged, but only lasted about 45 minutes last time I used it. The Sony also has the worst software package ever, and you must use it to transfer the mp3s. I'll keep it for playing in my bedroom as I have a speaker dock for it, but I'll need a new one for using when I'm out.

I like the idea of the Zen, and it's SD card slot for future expansion.

^Are you sure you have to use Sony's software? My walkman phone came with a software but I just copy and paste the songs directly into it. The only thing is you have to copy the songs into an "album" folder, and that one must go into an "artist" folder, otherwise it won't recognize the file.

I would certainly recomend a Zen without hesitation, I've had mine years now and its very well build and the fact you don't needed dedicated software to transfer to and from it is a bonus (that said the Creative Media Manager is actualy very easy to use).

The screen's are also of extremely good quality, mine has lived in my car for well over a year now and the screen doesn't have a mark on it.

Take a look at one, I'm fairly certain you wil be impressed.

Regards

Scaff

Back