Data Transfer GT Sport to GT7

• Thread starter Jaddy4567
  • 6 comments
Australia
Australia
I bought GT Sport a few months back and have only just bought GT7. I bought GT sport on sale on ps5 and played a considerable amount of hours and built up a ton of cars and data. Today (25/08/24) i bought GT7 because i heard data from GT Sport would be transferred across. After dropping $100 and waiting several hours for it to download I’ve got no data from GT sport. Articles from years ago say that data would be transferred. They specify a start date for data transfer but no end date so I assumed it still gets transferred. And there seems to be no complaints about it any where. So why have i got no data? How can i transfer it? PlayStation support was no help and Gran Turismo themselves seem to have no support network. Can anyone help me?

There were only two types of data transfer that I can recall.
One was the transfer of the ranking of Sport mode. That was only done once with the release of the game, with the sport mode status taken from roughly a month before the GT7 launch.
The second was the transfer of decals etc. for the livery editor. Since I'm not really using that I don't know how this was achievable, but with the shutdown of the GT Sport servers I guess this is also no longer possible.

There is no and never was any progression transfer from Sport to GT7.

I bought GT Sport a few months back and have only just bought GT7. I bought GT sport on sale on ps5 and played a considerable amount of hours and built up a ton of cars and data. Today (25/08/24) i bought GT7 because i heard data from GT Sport would be transferred across. After dropping $100 and waiting several hours for it to download I’ve got no data from GT sport. Articles from years ago say that data would be transferred. They specify a start date for data transfer but no end date so I assumed it still gets transferred. And there seems to be no complaints about it any where. So why have i got no data? How can i transfer it? PlayStation support was no help and Gran Turismo themselves seem to have no support network. Can anyone help me?
As noted above, only decals/liveries and Sport Mode ratings could be transferred from GT Sport (the latter of which was automatic, and took your ratings on one specific date), and GT Sport's servers closed in January this year so even that is no longer possible.

No other data could be transferred.

Thanks everyone for the help. Kinda annoying that it doesn't specify that but hopefully this helps someone else who is wondering the same as me. Especially since if you search “Transfer Gran Turismo sport data to Gran Turismo 7” a quick scan makes it seem like it will but actually it doesn’t. I feel like a thread like this really would have helped before i spent the money. Appreciate the support from you guys. I’m stuck with the game so i guess I’m gonna be grinding for a while. 😅

Last edited:
I feel like a thread like this really would have helped before i spent the money.
There are... a couple already. And we wrote an article about it at the time it was announced:

The final paragraph there may be of interest:

No other GT Sport save data will transition to GT7, so players looking forward to keeping hold of their car collection and bank balance will need to plan for a fresh start along with everyone else!

Last edited:
Back