DF G29 Brake fix

• Thread starter oik01
  • 4 comments
So I have always had a problem with the G29 brake. It was way too stiff and i ended up with knee problems. I have since removed the rubber piece but the brake continues to be way too stiff. I recently got GT sport and am excited to play again. Anyone know of a solution to the stiff brake ( I removed the rubber piece) or of any other solutions that are potentially viable. Anyone have the GTEYE Brake Pedal Spring for LOGITECH G25 G27 G29 G920 Steering Wheel installed? Is it less stiff than the default spring without the rubber piece on it?

So I have always had a problem with the G29 brake. It was way too stiff and i ended up with knee problems. I have since removed the rubber piece but the brake continues to be way too stiff. I recently got GT sport and am excited to play again. Anyone know of a solution to the stiff brake ( I removed the rubber piece) or of any other solutions that are potentially viable. Anyone have the GTEYE Brake Pedal Spring for LOGITECH G25 G27 G29 G920 Steering Wheel installed? Is it less stiff than the default spring without the rubber piece on it?

See if you can get a set of pedals for a g 27. lighter brake pedal works perfectly with g 29, should be plenty of second hand set's about.

My interpretation of the GTEYE / NIXIM brake mods is that they aren't going to make it softer, if anything it will go the other way, especially at full travel.

Here's the graph from the GTEYE site.
GTEYE-Brake-Graph.jpg

That says the stock spring needs about 100 Newtons of force to deflect the pedal 30 (I assume) degrees.
The GTEYE spring needs nearly double that.

The stock gas spring is softer than the clutch (and I assume therefore, the brake). So you could swap the springs, but that means you'd just have a stronger gas pedal. Maybe try it out, if you are happy see if you can buy another gas pedal spring ?

My interpretation of the GTEYE / NIXIM brake mods is that they aren't going to make it softer, if anything it will go the other way, especially at full travel.

Here's the graph from the GTEYE site.
GTEYE-Brake-Graph.jpg

That says the stock spring needs about 100 Newtons of force to deflect the pedal 30 (I assume) degrees.
The GTEYE spring needs nearly double that.

The stock gas spring is softer than the clutch (and I assume therefore, the brake). So you could swap the springs, but that means you'd just have a stronger gas pedal. Maybe try it out, if you are happy see if you can buy another gas pedal spring ?

That graph is old and so the spring is the logitech g27 ... not sure how it compares to the 29 ....

G27 & G29 springs are the same, the only difference is that Logitech put a rubber insert in the G29 to try and make it stiffer near full travel. In that respect the line for the stock spring isn't quite accurate on that graph, however its not significantly stiffer.
The GTEYE spring would still be much stiffer than the stock one as that graph shows.

You could try taking the rubber insert out and keep the stock spring, however as far as I understand it this increases pedal travel, so the very top of the travel is all at 100%. I've seen some threads talking about altering the potentiometer position to get rid of this problem, but I'm unclear if anyone has actually successfully done it.

Back