DFGT Improvements

United States
PST/US
HarrisonMV1Ford
DK Harrison
Any improvements? I found paddle shift mod and carbon fiber vinyl for it. Anything else? I would really like to put alot of work into it.

Thanks in advance :) harrison

Any improvements? I found paddle shift mod and carbon fiber vinyl for it. Anything else? I would really like to put alot of work into it.

Thanks in advance :) harrison
If you don't mind some DIY, here're the things I've done with mine (for PS3):

• G25 pedals connected to the wheel using this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhNhWNNm-8. Can't use bodnar cable here, cos it's PS3. APElectrix load sensor, clutch spring in accelerator.
  • DIY hand brake connected to 'O' button on steering wheel
  • Sequential shifter, eg. Frex Shift+ connected in parrallel to DFGT sequential shifter
  • Gran Turgismo pedals which you have already found.

If you don't mind some DIY, here're the things I've done with mine (for PS3):

• G25 pedals connected to the wheel using this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhNhWNNm-8. Can't use bodnar cable here, cos it's PS3. APElectrix load sensor, clutch spring in accelerator.
  • DIY hand brake connected to 'O' button on steering wheel
  • Sequential shifter, eg. Frex Shift+ connected in parrallel to DFGT sequential shifter
  • Gran Turgismo pedals which you have already found.

Wow thanks man :) Hand brake I will definitly do, but is G25 pedals difficult? that is epic.

So wait, you just buy g25 pedals and plug it in to dfgt pedal plug? EASY?

Did you watch the youtube video? You need to do some wire swapping inside the wheel and pedals and also poke one or two (can't remember) holes in the plug on the wheel for the pins of the G25/G27 to fit in. Simple but just be careful.

Hi, I have a sequential shifter made from a bmw shift lever that I want to connect to my dfgt, There is a ground wire and a wire for each microswitch in the shifter...

Do I need to run two ground wires from the dfgt, one for each switch and then splice them both onto the shifters ground wire?

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the connections you made?

Thanks

Hookup the original DFGT wires to a set of G27 pedals. Here are some pics for the connections.

2nknhmp.jpg

The Gas pedal connections

2vj90g5.jpg

The Brake pedal connections

9iz0cl.jpg

Hookup the original DFGT wires to a set of G27 pedals. Here are some pics for the connections.

2nknhmp.jpg

2vj90g5.jpg

9iz0cl.jpg

Your connections are different rispect the method on the video...:confused:
have you just removed the G27 pedal box wire and replaced it with the DFGT pedal box wire and plug them in?

I have made a few improvements to my DFGT i only done the brake spring mod were you just bend it . That kept me happy until i got my rseat as it had the gear stick mount but i didnt have a shifter. Well i did just its on the wrong side of the wheel for me (uk). I opened up the case chopper off the shifteer made a 7" extenstion chopped off the gearknob mounted it on the shift mount. I also gave the brake pedal a abs vibration that works via a analouge stick works on every game and i put genuine fiat hgt abarth pedals pads on it and a foot rest. So loads you can do if you dont mind voiding the warrenty all i need to do is make a clutch and hand brake and it will do until i can afford to upgrade

2nknhmp.jpg

2vj90g5.jpg

9iz0cl.jpg

Wouldn't this be the same for G25 pedals? when I try it with my DFGT it won't turn on until I unplug the pedals.

Fixed. Had the wires from the gas going underneath the pedal and one had lost some insulation and was probably shorting out on the metal pedal assembly. Re ran the cables through the pedal assembly and taped up. All working.

Last edited:
Hellow People!
I tried to conect the original cable from the dfgt to g25 pedals and it works perfectly.
i tried also to conect again the same set to the g25 Wheel and it works with the acelerator but the brake pedal tells me that he is pressed but i dont have the foot on it.
can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I know it's old theme,just wanna say thanks cronos for pic and info..i make my DFGT upgrade with g27 pedal and they work perfect....

I just did a very simple mod to my DFGT that I want to share with you guys if you want to improve the FFB and make the wheel feel smoother. If you want your wheel to be smoother (and quieter), all you have to do is open up the top and spray the force feedback gears with some chain lubricant. At least for me, you will notice the difference as soon as you plug in the wheel and it calibrates. The wheel will be close to virtual silence when calibrating.

When you're driving it will also be quiet, and the only real noise you'll get from the wheel is when you turn the wheel in the direction that the FFB motor doesn't want to go which produces a quieter version of the "zip" sound DFGT owners will be familiar with. It's worth it and extremely easy to do 👍 .

I'll post a video demonstrating my DFGT calibrating soon.

Hellow People!
I tried to conect the original cable from the dfgt to g25 pedals and it works perfectly.
i tried also to conect again the same set to the g25 Wheel and it works with the acelerator but the brake pedal tells me that he is pressed but i dont have the foot on it.
can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Swap the red and black over on the brake pedal

Just like the G27 Pedal mod, I did a cheaper mod with the same idea :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dfgt-thrustmaster-pedal-mod.300522/

This weekend I drove a fantastic tough race on Spa Francorchamps with the Renault Megane Trophy Base model. Without the TM pedals I never could have a race like this. There is much more tention, the artaficial mods to do with the DFGT pedals are not good enough.

Everybody with a DFGT wheel, really, change your pedals !! Pedals from the G27, Thrustmaster or something else, at least when the tention and feeling is better, you will receive much more fun out of your DFGT set !!

I agree. Though a disadvantage in our country is the difficulty (if not impossible) in finding the pedals alone, as most sell their units as a set :grumpy:. So really no option if pedals are the subject of the upgrade.

Don't know where you from but it doesn't matter either.

I bought a second hand Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE set for € 20,- (25 dollar). The gte steering wheel is rubbish, but the pedals are worth it. I gave the steering wheel a nice swung in the garbage-container/kliko.

Lucky you guys. A 2nd hand G27 set here in Asia costs around $150 cheapest. So it's like a BNew Clubsport already (excl shipping).

Wired my DFGT wheel with some G27 pedals for it to work on pc and playstation and for value for the money its fantastic anyone with a dfgt needs to get a set off g27 pedals off ebay. Had mine for years and its great

I just did a very simple mod to my DFGT that I want to share with you guys if you want to improve the FFB and make the wheel feel smoother. If you want your wheel to be smoother (and quieter), all you have to do is open up the top and spray the force feedback gears with some chain lubricant. At least for me, you will notice the difference as soon as you plug in the wheel and it calibrates. The wheel will be close to virtual silence when calibrating.

When you're driving it will also be quiet, and the only real noise you'll get from the wheel is when you turn the wheel in the direction that the FFB motor doesn't want to go which produces a quieter version of the "zip" sound DFGT owners will be familiar with. It's worth it and extremely easy to do 👍 .

I'll post a video demonstrating my DFGT calibrating soon.

Do you have the video as I a trying to do the same mod you did

Back