DFGT paddle shift repair?

• Thread starter V8 Rumble
  • 4 comments
United States
CT
SUBY25
I have searched to find a repair solution for my 4 year old dfgt and have not found specifically what I'm looking for.

Currently my wheels right paddle shift button is sticking more often causing double shift. I don't want to spend money on another wheel if I can repair this for cheap.

Has anyone done a repair or have a solution other than getting a new wheel?

Thank you in advance

If you take the board out and ship it to me, I will repair it for you. I already have the switches.

If you take the board out and ship it to me, I will repair it for you. I already have the switches.

The problem with doing that is that you're in America, shipping would probably be a lot more expensive than looking for the switches themselves. I do appreciate the offer though.

You say you have switches for it, is there any way we could come to an agreement to send switches over, and I could repair it myself?

Or even a link to which switches to buy would be fantastic, I could buy a couple and not worry about getting it too wrong.

Thank You!

It's not too expensive to ship the little board. It would be to ship the whole wheel! :) However, depending on your soldering ability, you should be able to handle it fine. The hardest part is desoldering the switches properly without lifting any of the traces or pads...

Here is the switch, it's a perfect match: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/B3F-1002S/SW1234-ND/368356 Omron B3F-1002S I believe they are 300K cycle switches. Not sure what stock was. I replaced ALL of the switches on someone's board just the other day, to be safe. His paddle shifter switch was "double-clicking" :)

You will also need some solder wick or a desoldering device. The desoldering pump is probably the simplest and error free solution: http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=87F1880 Look around for them, that one is overly expensive...

Your best bet is probably to just order to the stuff online instead of having me ship it. There is likely to be a place nearer to you ;)

If you need help once you get the stuff, let me know.

Back