DFP constantly calibrating

I tried the tick suggested on the DFP thread to reduce the gear noise by applying some WD40 to the gears, ( I was very careful, and used a brush to apply it on) but when I plugged it in, the wheel wont stop calibrating, spinning back and forth. Any Ideas on what might be causing this behaviour? Thanks

Now its at the point where it has stopped calibrating but the lights are alternating back and forth blinking... any ideas what that means?

The DFP has a sensor the tells it where the center point of the wheel rotation is. It is mounted in the area of the big cog wheel that is between the steering wheel and the bearing that holds the shaft. (All inside the main case). If this gets diconnected, or possibly that the little bit of metal that passes it to indicate center is bent away from it, then everytime you start the wheel up it will cycle back and forth looking for the center point.

You might want to look and see if the cable from the sensor to the boards at the back is still plugged in. As I remember it is on the right hand side looking at the DFP the way you would drive with it.

Mark

Back