• 10 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Kickhul
Hello there
I bought the drive hub yesterday
I updated it to the newest version
I use a csl fanatec dd with a mclaren gt3 wheel
Every time when i try to change my fanalogic mode with share and options ( in my case n and p) and then it goes around in a 8 and then after a few spins the display freezes and then goed black, and then my shifter lights go maham
What can i do to fix it and get it in fanatac mode
Thank you for your time

Did you ever find a real solution to this?
I have the exact same setup and the same problem. My workaround to get the wheel into Fanatec mode is to unplug and plug the micro USB (the one from the PS5 to Drivehub) after the "shifter lights go maham" on the Drivehub. After that, it will go into Fanalogic mode. Do the same thing again (hold N and P until it crashes), then it will go into Fanatec mode.

I feel like this problem might be specific to the McLaren wheel, and I hope Drivehub can fix this in the future firmware update.

It’s not crashing, it’s rebooting, it has to. You’re telling the DH to switch from being a CSL P4 to a G29 or vice versa.. you can’t just change the personality of the DH without a reboot.. just imagine you have a CSL P4 and G29 you have to unplug one to use the other.

The mode should flash on the display of the wheel. For those with a 7 segment it’s F .. F .. F then 0.. or L .. L .. L then 0
The oled won’t let you show F or L so it shows 1 or 2… as it’s api is only for gear, rpms or speed.
1 is fanatec, 2 is fanalogic

It’s not crashing, it’s rebooting, it has to. You’re telling the DH to switch from being a CSL P4 to a G29 or vice versa.. you can’t just change the personality of the DH without a reboot.. just imagine you have a CSL P4 and G29 you have to unplug one to use the other.

The mode should flash on the display of the wheel. For those with a 7 segment it’s F .. F .. F then 0.. or L .. L .. L then 0
The oled won’t let you show F or L so it shows 1 or 2… as it’s api is only for gear, rpms or speed.
1 is fanatec, 2 is fanalogic
I put in a patch to improve this scenario in the last update, pleaselmk if it behaves any better for you.

Thank you for the reply.
I have just tested it with 2.1.2-Beta.10 and 2.1.2-Beta.12. Unfortunately, the same issue persisted. After pressing the share and options, I can see a green light on the far right of the RPM LED Display go on for maybe about 8 seconds, then everything goes dark and all the lights on the drive hub will start flashing. No matter how long I waited, it wouldn't reconnect until I manually disconnected and reconnected the micro USB cable to the hub. Then the mode will switch.
Also, after testing Beta.10 and Beta.12, I noticed that my drive hub can no longer make GT7 recognize my Fanatec DD as DD PRO. When I switch mode, it will detect it as either Fanatec CSL Elite Racing or Logitec G29. With Beta.3, When I switched mode, I was able to switch between Fanatec CSL Elite Racing, Logitec G29 AND Fanatec DD PRO.

what color is the led on the base, red or yellow ?
The way it should work is that when red, native mode it should show as a gt dd pro and when yellow, v2.5 mode as a csl p4.. in fanalogic mode it should always be a g29
I only have a gt dd pro here, so it possible they plain ole csl dd doesn’t behave the same way

Last edited:
Ohh, I was always under the impression that I would just stay on yellow. So all the experiments that I have done are all setting the base to yellow.
I will load 2.1.2-Beta.12 back on the drivehub and try again by setting the base to Red.

Ohh, I was always under the impression that I would just stay on yellow. So all the experiments that I have done are all setting the base to yellow.
I will load 2.1.2-Beta.12 back on the drivehub and try again by setting the base to Red.
That’s old advice from a time before we had a dd1/dd2 or gt dd pro to play with.. they were just too expensive to get a hold of.. but once we got some data finally we were able to support native mode, the v2.5 mode was a nice handy option to get people going.. and now it gives you a few options, csl p4 emulation gives the best coverage going back to games before the newer wheels surfaced, fanatec have a lot it trouble getting older titles to support newer hardware, the g29 mode is for games before the csl p4 surfaced, there are a few good ones…
If you have a dd1 or dd2 you’ll have the option of dd1 p4 emulation or csl p4.. we try to match the wheels as best we can.

Make sense!
I have confirmed that after switching the base to Red, GT7 will recognize the wheel as CSL DD PRO.
Honestly that solved the majority of my issue as I don't really need to switch modes that often now knowing the game will just recognize it as DD PRO. (Before it will recognize it as CSL Elite by default then I have to switch mode twice to get it to DD PRO).

Thank you so much for the reply and the work you guys put into the DriveHub!

Make sense!
I have confirmed that after switching the base to Red, GT7 will recognize the wheel as CSL DD PRO.
Honestly that solved the majority of my issue as I don't really need to switch modes that often now knowing the game will just recognize it as DD PRO. (Before it will recognize it as CSL Elite by default then I have to switch mode twice to get it to DD PRO).

Thank you so much for the reply and the work you guys put into the DriveHub!
You’re very welcome

Back