Driver Contract with a Manufacturer (?)

• Thread starter ArnoFR
  • 35 comments
France
Nice
ArnoFR
Hi everyone,

I'm, of course, glad to finally have GTS, and really enjoyed it all night long as many of us.
Yesterday, while I was looking at all the cars accross the globe, I saw a banner (on each manufacturer's page) I never heard about : A driver contract.

I signed it with Ferrari, but do you know what is the point ?
I saw I could drive 2 of these (Gr3 and Gr4) for any races (Sports & Lobby) for a season. Except driving a nice car I didn't pay for, is there anything I can do with ? And how long is a season ?

I was expecting Ferrari events with other players who "signed" with the black horse, but nope.

Thanks a lot !

If you check Sport mode, next to the daily races I believe there is a event for Nations Cup and Manufacturer's Cup (probably not the correct names, I just woke up) that is related to the driver contract you mentioned. I don't think they're currently active, but I think you can check them for more information.

Debating whether to sign with Mitsubishi or Nissan...

I imagine that this won't have any effect until the official FIA seasons start. It'll be relating to those, competing in one-make races and adding to manufacturer championship points in mixed races (I assume).

One season, which is what it states when you sign up. If it's like real seasons, then that'll be about a year.

I’m tempted to sign for Aston Martin. I saw an Aston Vantage on the road to my work today and it just reminded me how incredibly awesome these cars look. :)

But Aston doesn’t have a Gr.B car IIRC, I don’t know if that would be good or bad. I think all manufacturers you can sign for have at least a Gr.3 and Gr.4 car, some have Gr.1 in addition, some have Gr.B and some have both.

I don’t have a single Aston in my garage yet either but I haven’t even bought a car yet, all my cars so far are from DLC and gifts, maybe it would be wise to wait with signing and see what my garage will look like closer to that event. I’d prefer to participate with my own garage cars and not with rental cars.

I do thoroughly enjoy my Subaru Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars though so maybe Subaru would be a brand I could sign for as well.

Can you sign up with every manufacturer in the game? I can’t check right now but I know for example Mini only has one Vision GT car in Gr.X, can you sign up with that one?

Last edited:
Anything related to your chosen Manufacturer revolves around one-make races, right?

If not I'll probably wait until the sign-up deadline and pick whichever team's cars are "best".

I don’t think they will be one-make races to be honest. I would think PD went through the trouble of creating so many fictional Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B and add a BOP system just so that we are able to ace all manufacturers against each other in a well balanced environment, at least on paper. Also from an eSports spectator point of view, single make races would be rather boring.

I’m tempted to sign for Aston Martin. I saw an Aston Vantage on the road to my work today and it just reminded me how incredibly awesome these cars look. :)

But Aston doesn’t have a Gr.B car IIRC, I don’t know if that would be good or bad. I think all manufacturers you can sign for have at least a Gr.3 and Gr.4 car, some have Gr.1 in addition, some have Gr.B and some have both.

I don’t have a single Aston in my garage yet either but I haven’t even bought a car yet, all my cars so far are from DLC and gifts, maybe it would be wise to wait with signing and see what my garage will look like closer to that event. I’d prefer to participate with my own garage cars and not with rental cars.

I do thoroughly enjoy my Subaru Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars though so maybe Subaru would be a brand I could sign for as well.

Can you sign up with every manufacturer in the game? I can’t check right now but I know for example Mini only has one Vision GT car in Gr.X, can you sign up with that one?

Breyzipp I've signed up with Aston Martin. On all manufacturers you are signing up to Gr3 & 4 only I believe. Once signed up cars can be used in any races but livery cannot be changed as they are lent or Sponsored vehicles. Sign up is only for Pre Season presently to end November so a good opportunity to try out the process.

I signed for Aston, mainly because I enjoyed driving them more than the others available.

At the end of the day, some may be slightly faster and some slightly slower, but I purchased GT Sport to have fun and I really enjoy driving the Astons.

It's probably going to be a mad 1-2 hour rush for many people to test the new car specs and make the last-minute decision only 30 minutes before the first race, just to get the new OP car/s. :(

I'm waiting to see if there's a new BoP before I choose.

I would bet major money on a BoP overhaul before the start of season 1. I would strongly advise everyone to hold off on contracts until then.

And to the OP: The manufacturer's cup is strictly gr. 3 & gr. 4

I would bet major money on a BoP overhaul before the start of season 1. I would strongly advise everyone to hold off on contracts until then.

Don't think you can even sign a contract right now anyway, at least I never had the option earlier and in any case I would be waiting until tomorrow anyway.

And to the OP: The manufacturer's cup is strictly gr. 3 & gr. 4

Please, just choose the Car you like. I hate everybody who just drive the 🤬 META Car just because its a little bit faster. :banghead:

Please, just choose the Car you like. I hate everybody who just drive the 🤬 META Car just because its a little bit faster. :banghead:
Its only faster in the hands of a hotlapper. As you/we know, not always the case in a 30 minute race.

I think I'll go with Honda. I've run a lot of hot laps and online races with the NSX recently and it's given me a good balance of speed and consistency. Haven't tested the fuel comsumption though so I'm not sure what that's like.

Back