Driver only has one hand on wheel?

• Thread starter Car80mad
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Why does the driver only use one hand when driving? For example if your driving a porsche it should have flappy paddles but yet he is changing gear??? I'm just curious that's all lol.

Some Porsche are available with manual gearboxes. The car PD modelled could be one of them. The driver will take their hand off the steering wheel when you are approaching the red line as your are likely to shift up a gear.

It's a bug.

Or the avatar practices One-Hando-Steer :dopey:

Last edited:
Looks like an intentional decision from PD to me, so that the driver doesn’t have to switch between the wheel and shifter all the time. Sometimes he forgets and he steers with one hand, which does look kinda weird tho 😂

Doesn’t this only happen when the game thinks you’re driving in the wrong gear?
This always happens in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, no matter where on the circuit. 1st and second gear he has both hands on the wheel.

Noticed this, too. Only on MT cars. It's like the driver is always ready to shift, even when it's not needed.

Who in their right mind takes eau rouge or pouhon one-handed??
This guy probably will:
281296.webp

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, the driver should also be able to steer with his feet.. I don't care.. I'd rather have a view without a steering wheel, since I have mine in my own hands ;P

This guy probably will:
281296.webp
It’s mentioned briefly in the episode, but this guy’s driving style is based off of Timo Salonen, who won the WRC title in the Group B era. He’d drive that Peugeot 205 one-handed 😎

Back