Driver ratings stuck on level D

• Thread starter dempixels
  • 21 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
A friend of mine has trouble getting higher Driver ratings, he's a good driver and had some really clean races and won some. But even after these races his driver rating didn't go up. He's just stuck on level D and the progress bar stays at zero.

We do know that for best results you need to be in the top five and have clean races online (talking about daily races and FIA championships).
But do you guys know anything else to get up in a higher Driver level?? I want to see him progress upward, because I believe he's going to be a better driver than me.

Here's a picture between his account and mine for good measure.

My account:
mine.png

His account:
his.png
\

prof.png

A friend of mine has trouble getting higher Driver ratings, he's a good driver and had some really clean races and won some. But even after these races his driver rating didn't go up. He's just stuck on level D and the progress bar stays at zero.

We do know that for best results you need to be in the top five and have clean races online (talking about daily races and FIA championships).
But do you guys know anything else to get up in a higher Driver level?? I want to see him progress upward, because I believe he's going to be a better driver than me.

My account:
View attachment 778694

His account:
View attachment 778695 \

View attachment 778696

Those screenshots aren't really helpful, and without usernames I can't get either of your sport mode stats to find out what might be going wrong.

If you don't want to share the usernames, that's fine, just put them in here for accurate stats which makes it easier to understand where you actually stand in terms of DR and SR: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search

What is his SR? If it's too low he won't be able to progress up to another class of DR until he gets his SR better.

I'm same. My DR is stack to D(1 in kudosprime). Online races are fun, but 100 races without a win, a PP and a FL are sometimes tired.

I've been where you are. I found that changing my approach helped me.

My suggestion would be to focus on your own tasks. Forget position, stay on track, aim to finish each race.

Also I suggest not to focus on others too much. Because unless you are an alien, there is a never ending pool of better drivers out there.

And remember it's possible many, if not all drivers around you are going through the exact situation.

I like to think of fellow racers not only as opponents to beat but as training partners sharing time on the track experiencing the same frustrations. ;)

What is his SR? If it's too low he won't be able to progress up to another class of DR until he gets his SR better.
Look at the screenshot. Its SR S.

Which is good.

Upping DR? Drive faster and on the upmost position than opponent on sport mode. Sounds simple on paper though. But you'll get there.

I float between C and D. Most of the time, if I drop it is because I got frustrated and bailed. I've lost DR because of being wrecked or finishing poorly, but rarely dropped a whole rank unless I quit out of frustration.

I’m experiencing the same thing on a new account I made. Maybe I haven’t done enough races? But even after a win it doesn’t look like it has moved at all.
PSN handle is Sanyi-GT

Pick a track for the week. Pick a car for the week (some cars better at some tracks than others). Focus on this race for the week. Race when you are consistently lapping near your best time.

My account:
View attachment 778694

His account:
View attachment 778695 \

View attachment 778696
Maybe he isn't good enough to get a higher DR? An increase in DR is based on overall speed, not experience.

Those screenshots aren't really helpful, and without usernames I can't get either of your sport mode stats to find out what might be going wrong.

If you don't want to share the usernames, that's fine, just put them in here for accurate stats which makes it easier to understand where you actually stand in terms of DR and SR: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search

Thank you for the link. I’m blown away with the stats and everything makes sense now after seeing mine. Thx

Maybe he isn't good enough to get a higher DR? An increase in DR is based on overall speed, not experience.
Not necessarily speed as its more of "being better than opponent" case. Theres a difference.

If more opponent turned out to be suck then the chance of gaining DR is higher.

DR is very strange as it’s heavily dependent on WHO youre racing, more than HOW you race (to an extent).

I’ve finally gotten my DR to A+, and after becoming accustomed to ~1000 DR points for a win when I was just ranked A, I was shocked to see that I usually only get around half of that for a win now, even if it’s a field of talented drivers.

The other night, I was playing the current GR2 Suzuka Daily at 4:00 AM. Finished second to a driver in a GT-R who out-strategized me with fuel, and actually lost DR points, I believe. All because of the DR rating of the other drivers in the race.

If you or your friend are doing relatively decent, but in races packed with other D ranked drivers, it may still be difficult to improve your rank.

If you get thrown into races with some Cs, Bs, and As, and you manage to start beating them consistently, your DR will definitely benefit.

Also keep in mind that disconnecting from a race (whether it be unintentional, or a ragequit) will make you “finish” down in last place, which will give a serious kick to the groin to your DR.

As others suggested, Kudosprime is fantastic for tracking your progress, as well as the progress of others. It’s a useful tool, and in my case, gave me the insight I needed to make a proper attempt at reaching A+

I've noticed DR improves if you finish higher than 10th.
Again, this is not always the case. It depends on
-how many cars there are (what if there’s only 9 people? What if there’s 20? a 5th place finish in each of these races would tell a very different story)
-your existing DR,
-the DR of the opponents in the room with you (more specifically, how they finish in relation to you. Losing to a bunch of A+ drivers will not affect you as much as losing to a bunch of D drivers)

In a closely rated lobby a good rule of thumb is to aim to finish higher than your door number. This isn't always true but most of the time it is.

In a closely rated lobby a good rule of thumb is to aim to finish higher than your door number. This isn't always true but most of the time it is.
For lobbies that contain DR D and C drivers, the door numbers lie. But this is a solid rule of thumb on DR B lobbies and above

DR is very strange as it’s heavily dependent on WHO youre racing, more than HOW you race (to an extent).

I’ve finally gotten my DR to A+, and after becoming accustomed to ~1000 DR points for a win when I was just ranked A, I was shocked to see that I usually only get around half of that for a win now, even if it’s a field of talented drivers.

The other night, I was playing the current GR2 Suzuka Daily at 4:00 AM. Finished second to a driver in a GT-R who out-strategized me with fuel, and actually lost DR points, I believe. All because of the DR rating of the other drivers in the race.

If you or your friend are doing relatively decent, but in races packed with other D ranked drivers, it may still be difficult to improve your rank.

If you get thrown into races with some Cs, Bs, and As, and you manage to start beating them consistently, your DR will definitely benefit.

Also keep in mind that disconnecting from a race (whether it be unintentional, or a ragequit) will make you “finish” down in last place, which will give a serious kick to the groin to your DR.

As others suggested, Kudosprime is fantastic for tracking your progress, as well as the progress of others. It’s a useful tool, and in my case, gave me the insight I needed to make a proper attempt at reaching A+
It gets even worse when you start reaching the DR cap of 75k, gaining 50 points or even less for a win and loosing points finishing 2nd or 3rd is normal when playing off hours. A single disconnect or bad race can set you back days of slow progress.

Latest Posts

Back