DT #37 Tokyo Route 246 & High Speed Ring

• Thread starter JK83
  • 25 comments

JK83

Premium
Finland
Finland
Try JK83..
French Cars: Tokyo Route 246 Drift Trial <----Click for results :)
https://eu.gran-turismo.com/fi/gt5/event/d45424.html
https://eu.gran-turismo.com/fi/gt5/event/d45424.html

Period of Availability: 2012/05/31 06:00 - 2012/06/14 06:00
Gold: Cr.250 000 Silver: Cr.150 000 Bronze: Cr.100 000

This Drift Trial event takes place on the Tokyo Route 246 using French cars. There are no restrictions on tuning.

High Speed Ring Drift Trial <---Click for results :)

Period of Availability: 2012/05/31 06:00 - 2012/06/14 06:00
Gold: Cr.250 000 Silver: Cr.150 000 Bronze: Cr.100 000

This Drift Trial event takes place on the High Speed Ring. There are no restrictions on car models or
tuning.

Last edited:
Just took couple shots on High Speed Ring and first time I realy hope my #5 position doesn't last long :lol:
I'm bit embarrassed of my drifting now :lol:
23910pts and got lot to improve 👍
Must figure how to do last sector..
Edit: 24152 pts

Last edited:
9053 Points for the High Speed Ring Trial... I know it's not very good but I achieved it in my R32 GTR :D

EDIT: Does anyone know if you can see ranks over 250 on the gran turismo site?

Last edited:
French cars... got 8500 with a Veyron. That thing is horrible to drift with, going to try some other cars, MR must be the way to go on this one.

High Speed Ring, got over 18K with my V8 Vantage. I can only manage around 3K on sector 1, average 9K on sector 2, and 5 - 6K on sector 3.
I noticed on sector 1 that if you finish the drift moving up the track, you get more points. Probably works the same on Sector 3.

French Drift Trial was probably the most fun I have ever had drifting. Used the 905 setup that the top lads are using - Comfort Hard front, Comfort Soft rear. It was super hard to get everything just right, but I managed to get a pretty much perfect run and it just felt so awesome...plus it's a 905 drifting! Never felt down at any point doing it, awesome stress reliever after that stupid Toscana time trial...

High Speed Ring I'm struggling with. Opera S2000 has been my best so far, I once managed to get the 1st and 2nd sectors dead perfect but I screwed myself over on the final sector. Amuse S2000 Street Version has not given better results so far.

I used up my credits (to avoid wasting the prizes) in the stupidest way though...went and filled up my Standard garage stupidly when it would have been better to just re-spend 3 million on a Premium I already had. Remind me not to do that again...:dunce:

French Drift Trial was probably the most fun I have ever had drifting. Used the 905 setup that the top lads are using - Comfort Hard front, Comfort Soft rear. It was super hard to get everything just right, but I managed to get a pretty much perfect run and it just felt so awesome...plus it's a 905 drifting! Never felt down at any point doing it, awesome stress reliever after that stupid Toscana time trial...

High Speed Ring I'm struggling with. Opera S2000 has been my best so far, I once managed to get the 1st and 2nd sectors dead perfect but I screwed myself over on the final sector. Amuse S2000 Street Version has not given better results so far.

I used up my credits (to avoid wasting the prizes) in the stupidest way though...went and filled up my Standard garage stupidly when it would have been better to just re-spend 3 million on a Premium I already had. Remind me not to do that again...:dunce:

OK, so DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!! LOL

That final sector of High Speed Ring is CRAZY! I've been in 6th gear at 100ish MPH, started drift to the right and slow to around 85ish, then transition... sometimes good results, others... spin, snap back and hit the rail... grrrr!! One time I had 16K going into sector 3, but blew it.

I'm going to try the French car trial with the 905 tonight. Will probably spend an hour adjusting the car. Wish the French would build FR cars!!! :ill:

Im now #8 (25048pts) on High Speed Ring and #5(15017pts) on Tokyo..
And I can improve Tokyo almost 1000pts easily :)
I hope when I wake up morning I'm still top50 👍

Im now #8 (25048pts) on High Speed Ring and #5(15017pts) on Tokyo..
I hope when I wake up morning I'm still top50 👍

Great job!!! Are you using the 905 on Tokyo?

I hope you're still in the top 10 when I get home from work in an hour, so I can save your replays. Otherwise, I'll just use Ferooz's again.

It's helpful to see the speed you enter the sectors at. Since I usually just power into the drift, I look for the speed you're at when you start to hit the throttle.

Great job!!! Are you using the 905 on Tokyo?

I hope you're still in the top 10 when I get home from work in an hour, so I can save your replays. Otherwise, I'll just use Ferooz's again.

It's helpful to see the speed you enter the sectors at. Since I usually just power into the drift, I look for the speed you're at when you start to hit the throttle.

Yes I'm using 905 👍
I post my tune tomorrow if I got time :)
Edit: Got bit improved Tokyo (16347pts) #4 :)

Last edited:
Do you use the same base of setup from the TVR speed 12 in others cars?????

I just made it and got good feeling about it (So I havn't compared it on TVR12 tune) 👍
and that feeling was right :)
But TVR12 base setup would be worth of trying 👍

Anyone else see the 2CV in 24th place? :lol:

It's #23 :lol:
I must try it later too, it can be great fun :lol:
Edit: I noticed some peeps are using automatic transmission who got my tunes, well my or anyone elses tune doesn't help your drifting.
And tyre selections just believe me use rear CS and front CH on high powered cars.
You need grip on DT's....
How many you can see on top10 using CH or RS?

Anyway Im done now whit those DT's cos I dont have time for them :(
Good luck for everyone :)
Dont ask if you dont even bothered to listen.
I'm out now.

Last edited:
Here's my runs at youtube :)

I'm still learning so these are nowhere near perfect runs but I enjoy it which means more to me :)

Tokyo:

High Speed Ring:

Hey MaxVeloce, I enjoyed watching your vids. Thanks for sharing! I noticed that you are coming out of your drifts at the apex of the turns, are you upshifting to compensate for that? Try it, cause you're missing out on a lot of points. Great job with those cars though!!

It's #23 :lol:
I must try it later too, it can be great fun :lol:
Edit: I noticed some peeps are using automatic transmission who got my tunes, well my or anyone elses tune doesn't help your drifting.
And tyre selections just believe me use rear CS and front CH on high powered cars.
You need grip on DT's....
How many you can see on top10 using CH or RS?

Anyway Im done now whit those DT's cos I dont have time for them :(
Good luck for everyone :)
Dont ask if you dont even bothered to listen.
I'm out now.

:(
Sad to see you not doing the DT's anymore, but I know how it goes sometimes. I haven't had a lot of time for these DT's as well. Learning to drift better and possibly start tandeming is so opposite the DT's. It's hard to do both at this time. I used to think that you could only drift a high powered car, well, me anyway! Now I can drift with a lot of cars, no matter the power!

Yes, that was me drifting the 905 with CH's all around! :lol: Hard habit to break!

Hey MaxVeloce, I enjoyed watching your vids. Thanks for sharing! I noticed that you are coming out of your drifts at the apex of the turns, are you upshifting to compensate for that? Try it, cause you're missing out on a lot of points. Great job with those cars though!!
Thanks ;)

Yea I still have some problems keeping up the drift throughout the corners and probably trying to get more wheelspin by upshifting or then I go wide and start to understeer.

Still a lot to learn but hopefully I'll be better some day. Not exactly as easy as the snow/ice drifting I do in real life with my Lexus :P

- vrmx

Thanks ;)

Yea I still have some problems keeping up the drift throughout the corners and probably trying to get more wheelspin by upshifting or then I go wide and start to understeer.

Still a lot to learn but hopefully I'll be better some day. Not exactly as easy as the snow/ice drifting I do in real life with my Lexus :P

- vrmx

Send me a friend request. We can drift sometime when we're online at the same time. I try to drift with others who are much better than me, but I'm slow and can't follow in tandems. I have one friend who will follow me and do it slower, but then I mess up. I'm just not comfortable drifting around anyone yet. I don't use the e-brake unless I absolutely have to. I power in to the drift, so I have to find the right speed and gear to be in for each corner. I practice on Autumn Ring full in my lounge (or my instructor's). It has some great areas for continuing long drifts as well as some hard areas I'm trying to get a handle on. I went in to the practice mode and did over 33,000 on that track with my Aston Martin V8 Vantage. :)

Send me a friend request. We can drift sometime when we're online at the same time. I try to drift with others who are much better than me, but I'm slow and can't follow in tandems. I have one friend who will follow me and do it slower, but then I mess up. I'm just not comfortable drifting around anyone yet. I don't use the e-brake unless I absolutely have to. I power in to the drift, so I have to find the right speed and gear to be in for each corner. I practice on Autumn Ring full in my lounge (or my instructor's). It has some great areas for continuing long drifts as well as some hard areas I'm trying to get a handle on. I went in to the practice mode and did over 33,000 on that track with my Aston Martin V8 Vantage. :)
I've sent you a friend request with my psn. I haven't actually done any real practice runs, just the seasonals every now and then so I can probably improve if I try practicing some times :P

I've sent you a friend request with my psn. I haven't actually done any real practice runs, just the seasonals every now and then so I can probably improve if I try practicing some times :P

Cool, I'll approve when I get home.

Drifting regular on-line and drift trials are different. It's weird how different they are. I've been drifting on-line a lot and going back to DT's, you can really tell the difference.

My best result #5 in Tokyo :)
Might give couple shots in Monza Circuit Drift Trial with my Toyota7 later this week 👍

Back