Ed's Tuning Garage (Re-Done)

• Thread starter edsel62
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
edsel62
ETG.jpg

Welcome to the official page of Ed's Tuning Garage. We were founded on October 23rd, 2012. We are the tuning subsidiary of the multi-game Team S.A.F.E.
Although we are small, we are not by any means your average tuners.
It's different here. We're not going to get too into the game like most tuners. We just want to share with everyone our tunes.
But, 1st of all, we rarely tune cars over 600pp. We tend to stray from race cars, or cars like the Bugatti Veyron, McClaren F1, and the Pagani Zonda R.
Second, our old motto has been abolished. We realize that most awesome cars just can't be tuned while fully upgraded.
So, what cars do we tune?

For example, a 260hp Fiat 500 capable of going up against 500pp Subaru BR-Zs and menacing Mazda RX-7s.

Cars like the Seat Ibiza Cupra, Fiat Coupe, Ford Focus RS, or the VW Polo GTi. All are surprisingly performance-oriented models of the base vehicle, but not many people notice that. We do.

Or, quick "sport" tunes for cars like the C63 AMG, '09 Corvette ZR1 or Viper SRT10, cars that are generally criticized all the time, over and over again for having too much power. We can make them drivable.

But the main difference: we make cars for the joy of driving. We aren't guaranteeing you any wins with these cars at all (this isn't to say they aren't fast), but we can guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the driving experience that these cars have to offer.
We are the ones who tune the cars that many believe have no chance at being fast, incredible driving machines.
We...are ETG.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

________________________________________________________________________________

On the more serious side of things, our current members are as follows:
hillcrest823
SUPERSONICpsiii
Frogger13579-
Lemon_Pocky_Stix
This also includes myself, edsel62.

If you would like to join, please send me your PSN ID and (if possible) one of your own tunes so I can add you to the list.

Always remember to check back here for new tunes and updates! :D

Links to our previous cars:
- Zonda C757R
- New Beetle ETG454

Next Tune to be Posted: Subaru BR-Z Competition Pack

Last edited:
Fiat 500 Turbo '08
HighSpeedRing_1.jpg

This 260hp/493pp Fiat 500 has 60 more horses than the highest Abarth model and is also wicked fast. Competing in the under 500pp category, this car may not be the fastest, but sure feels like it. Under the short bonnet: a 1.6L Turbocharged I4 producing the previously mentioned 260hp.
Here's what you'll need to do.

GT Auto

• Car Color: Nero
  • Rim Color: Arancio (Fiat Color)
  • Rims: BBS RS
    Body Kits
  • Front: Type C
  • Rear: Type B
  • Extension: -
  • Wing: Type A
Parts

Buy all of the best upgrades except for:

• Chassis Reinforcement
And, buy the Medium-RPM Turbo instead of High-RPM Turbo and the body-colored carbon fiber hood.

Now, for the tune. This tune may be updated gradually, but it's the best tune I have so far.

Transmission
  • 1st: 3.064
  • 2nd: 2.031
  • 3rd: 1.456
  • 4th: 1.105
  • 5th: 0.866
  • Final: 3.525
  • Top Speed: 162
LSD
Suspension
  • Ride Height: -20,-12
  • Spring Rate: 10.8,8.2
  • Extension: 7,6
  • Compression: 7,6
  • Anti-Roll Bars: 5,5
  • Camber: 1.8,0.9
  • Toe: -0.28,0.14
Brakes
Aero Kit
  • Rear; 12

Tuner's Notes:
Top speed is actually about 140mph (in the current tune), and 0-60 is about 4.9 seconds. Also, in an 11 car, 10 lap online race (PP Limit: 494), it finished 4th. Takes turns quickly, most sharp turns at 70-80mph. Feels fast even when it's doing 60mph. Also, since it is using the medium turbo, be sure to shift before the redline.

Tuned By: edsel62

Last edited:
Corvette ZR1 '09
HighSpeedRing.jpg

Here at ETG, we usually put every upgrade a car can have into it.
But I'm sure you all know what happens when you use that logic on an '09 ZR1 :eek:
If you don't, well, it's downright horrible. Slides all over the place, oversteers horrendously, and can really never get grip. Scary car to drive :scared:
So, instead of doing that, we basically did a sport tune that drives like an all-out race tune. We reduced it's weight, put on some aero kits, and stiffened the suspension. No upgrades were put in to increase horsepower, as it already has about 650 when you first buy it and give it an oil change. We figured that was plenty enough power to give it race car-like performance.
Here's what you need to buy first.

GT Auto

Aero Kits
  • Front: Type A
  • Rear: Type A
  • Extension: -
  • Wing: Type A
Color: GT GUNMETAL 007-W
Rims: BBS RE-MG
Rim Color: Solid Grey

Upgrades
  • Fully Customizable Suspension
  • Clutch: Twin Plate
  • Flywheel: Semi-Racing
  • Adjustable LSD
  • Carbon Drive Shaft
  • Weight Reduction: Stage 3
  • Window Weight Reduction
  • Carbon Hood: Body Color
  • Chassis Reinforcement

With all of that, the ZR1 is ready to be tuned.
Tuned on various tracks, but mainly the Nurburgring Nordschliefe, where it does shine the most. Most fun car I've driven around the 'Ring yet, and it's almost stock.

Tune

Brakes
LSD
Weight Adjustment
  • Ballast Amount: 14kgs.
  • Position: -50
Aerodynamics
  • Rear; 12
Tires
  • Racing: Soft
Suspension
  • Ride Height: 0,0
  • Spring Rate: 12.6,16.0
  • Extension: 8,6
  • Compression: 8,6
  • Anti-Roll Bars: 6,6
  • Camber: 2.0,1.8
  • Toe: 0.00,0.28
Tuner's Notes: In the end, after all these upgrades, it should have 651hp/600pp. You could call it the "$150,000 Race Car", because minus the cost of the ZR1 itself, the upgrades only cost a little under $150,000. Like I said, a joy to drive and a major improvement from the original ZR1. It truly drives like a race car. Also, as a side note, the original, factory-stock transmission is not to be changed, as it is better than a fully customizable one. Hopefully, you can enjoy driving it as much as I do.
Yet to be tested for a hot lap around the 'Ring, but that should happen soon.

Tuned By: edsel62
HighSpeedRing-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I testd the Fiat 500 and there's not much to say about this since it's basically perfect. The only thing that I could say is since it is the medium turbo that right after 6000 rpm is better to switch then waiting to hit the red line. Everything is very responsive and feels like it is laser guided. Tried in a few tracks and worked pretty good, obviously this is so small huge tracks like Nurburgring the transmissions final gear will probably have to be raised.

Okay I testd the Fiat 500 and there's not much to say about this since it's basically perfect. The only thing that I could say is since it is the medium turbo that right after 6000 rpm is better to switch then waiting to hit the red line. Everything is very responsive and feels like it is laser guided. Tried in a few tracks and worked pretty good, obviously this is so small huge tracks like Nurburgring the transmissions final gear will probably have to be raised.

Awesome, glad I've done good.

Back