Eiger 150 | Sign-ups open!!!! Wednesday 13th!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 42 comments
Ireland
Ireland
The__Luke
93476d1290547629-eiger-nordwand-track-strecken-setup-top-10-image01.jpg

Eiger%20Nordwand%20(F)%20track.jpg

2732349-Eiger_Nordwand_Interlaken.jpg

Time and Date:
13th February 2013
Lobby opens: 7.00 PM GMT (2PM EST, 2000 CET, 11AM PST)
Qualifying starts: 7.45 PM
Race starts: 8.00 PM

Information:
Track: Eiger Nordwand (with Weather Change)
Laps: 100 + 1 pace lap
Weather settings: TBD

Regulations:
Damage: Light
Tuning: Prohibited
Grip Reduction: Real
Draft: Weak
All Driving Aids: OFF
ABS: 1
Racing Tires: Hard
Pace Lap: 60 mph Pace Lap Speed, bunch up before final turn in a staggered formation(no overlap with the car ahead of you) Leader decides when to go once on main straight, no overtaking before the start/finish line

Car:
chamon11.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec-C Type-RA [RM] '05

Sign-ups:

Akmuq/#15
Joe/#99
neljack /TBD
Spatt/TBD
no_bull_racin97/#97
racefan88/#13
raceorama/#7

Last edited:
Coding problem ;)

Would love to enter but time does not work for me.

Should be able to make this one 👍 I unexpectedly had someone round last time, but that was a saturday. I'll be in a red #99 car.

What laptimes have you managed?

Last edited:
My word yes! Sorry I couldnt make your last spot race Akmuq was busy at the time of the race, will repay you on this one looks great 👍

Low 1'10, but I've only done 1 lap so you should go faster.👍

Yep I did go faster by about 5 seconds. I'll keep exact laptimes under wraps for now :sly:. Also, enjoy being blinded when exiting the tunnel if the sky is at its clearest/brightest.

Main passing opportunities are looking like turn 1 and the long right before the tunnel starts. I'm sure we'll find others though ;)

Edit: racing wet tyres on a 100% wet track are around 10 seconds a lap slower than softs in the dry.

Last edited:
Yep I did go faster by about 5 seconds. I'll keep exact laptimes under wraps for now :sly:. Also, enjoy being blinded when exiting the tunnel if the sky is at its clearest/brightest.

Main passing opportunities are looking like turn 1 and the long right before the tunnel starts. I'm sure we'll find others though ;)

Edit: racing wet tyres on a 100% wet track are around 10 seconds a lap slower than softs in the dry.

Err yeah sorry about that but I copy-pasted from the last thread I had, limit is Racing Hard.:guilty:

I think there will be a lot of passing when people are on crappy tyres because they don't want to spend a minute in the pits.

Also, I might start this race off in 100% Wet conditions and let it dry, 4WD rally car should handle it. :sly:

100% wet (and snowing) was fine when I tested. Just need to be careful to brake early enough for the first turn, the turn before the tunnel, and the final turn.

The racing soft tyres could manage a 2 stop easily enough (33/34 lap stints), and probably could have gone just over 40 laps before the left front ran out. I'm guessing hards will mean a 1 stop, but the 100% wet start on wet tyres will mix it up a bit.

Hi all, id love to join this event if i could

im new to GTplanet and would need some little instruction on how to join the specific lobby for the event.

also how long is the race likely to last?

one more thing... i dont think i have this car? where can i get it (perhaps the online dealer)?

Looking forward to the event!

Matt

The car is the subaru Impreza 05, so you but that and go to the GT auto. At the very end there is an option for racing modifications. when you click on this, the old normal subaru turns into that beast in the picture :P

Hi all, id love to join this event if i could

im new to GTplanet and would need some little instruction on how to join the specific lobby for the event.

also how long is the race likely to last?

one more thing... i dont think i have this car? where can i get it (perhaps the online dealer)?

Looking forward to the event!

Matt

The car is the Premium Impreza with Racing Modifications from the GT Auto

Won't be available midweeks for a while due to college and also moving house.

Tuesday.. Busiest day of the week at work.. If it were a Wednesday I'd be in.. :(

How Manny people are doing this? Any chance we could do a practice start... I've never done a rolling start before.
Looking forward to it

Just to let you guys know, GT5 servers are going down 1 hour before room opening.

"The first maintenance period will occur on Tuesday, February 12, 2013, between 16:00 and 19:00 GMT"

I am in for Wednesday at 8pm gmt, as long as I don't get called into work. Ill be number 13 unsure of color.

Back