Electric Bikes/Motorcycles

France
SoCal
GTP_MooCow
A lot of you might hate this, but you can't deny E-bikes / E-motorcycles will be appearing soon everywhere... i am surprise it hasn't already...

I dont ride, i wish but i know myself too well, the love of speed would kill me, so i stay away and only live vicariously through you.

How about this:

Let's talk about it here, let's share what the new brands are...

Last edited:
Just as useless as electric cars. max 200 mile range, means I can't take it on the road unless I map out where the Tesla superchargers are first, which may require significant detours from my desired route. And then it's at least 25 minutes to charge vs 10 minutes to refuel. Granted, my FJR is about 240 miles on a tank, but I can "recharge" it ANYWHERE in 5 minutes.

And I can buy two brand new FJRs, new riding gear, and beaucoup accessories for what this thing costs. Or ten very good condition used ones.

It might make sense for someone to just ride to work and back, but why would someone pay the price of an Audi A5 for a commuter bike?

When electric vehicles can be charged in minutes, and carry me 5 or 6 hundred miles between charges (for cars, not necessarily bikes,) and cost less than a house (slight exaggeration, but not as slight as it ought to be,) then I might show some interest.

Last edited:
I agree with your observations, further, the sound of the motorcycle engine and the vibration is a major part of the enjoyment of riding a motorcycle in the first place...

So electric motorcycle are definitely more for another type of rider who only wants the partial experience.

Eeary silence of the wind through the hair, and gliding through the curves within 50 miles of your house, feeling the g forces in silence...

Back