EV Motor Upgrades

United States
Sacramento, CA
pikachuracer11
PikachuRacer
Dispite a lack of engine sounds, EVs (Electric Vehicles) are quite fun to drive in GT6. However, the only upgrades you can do to EVs are Body Kits (on certain cars), Frame Reinforcments, Weight Reduction, and Tire Changing.

Though there has been already a suggestion posted by "DYLAN777-is-not" for EVs getting custom gearboxes (which I support, by the way), I was wondering of another way to boost the EVs' performance (...and popularity). That is by the way of EV Motor Upgrades.

Motor Upgrades are possible in real life to boost performance in Electric Cars and Hybrids. Forza 4 has a feature like this to boost power in EVs as well. By switching for a more potent EV Motor, it can increase performance between 20-50% over stock.
Example in real life: A Tesla Model S with a 60kw motor has 305hp/317ft-lb, the standard 85kw upgrade boosts it to 362hp/325ft-lb, and a 85kw "Performance Package" upgrade
(the car used in GT6) produces 416hp/443ft-lb.

-------------------------------------------
Here's the way I would suggest the motors can be upgraded (and performance gains over stock):
Stage 1 (7,500cr) - The stock motor gets boost by use of carefully reprogramming the car's power controller and regenerative braking systems, this gives a small but noticeable boost in overall power and torque without sacrificing battery range. (20% boost in power over stock)

Stage 2 (16,500cr) - The stock motor is replaced with a more powerful EV motor, this increases performance greatly, but may sacrifice battery range. To compensate, higher capacity batteries will be installed. (35% boost in power over stock)

Stage 3 (30,000cr) - A high-powered motor and refined torque converter will be installed and the car's power controller will be carefully reprogrammed for maximum gains of power and torque. Higher capacity batteries will be installed and the regenerative braking system is further refined for maximum battery range. (50% boost in power over stock)
---------------------------------------------

By doing this, EVs will have more power without being overpowered. A Tesla Model S Performance with a stage 3 upgrade will have about 622hp/665ft/lb. Alongside the custom gearbox suggestion, this boost in power will allow them to be more competitive against supercars and tuned sports cars.

Last edited:
we really need to get this guy on the dev team for PD because this guy is a genius for suggesting this idea

If we had this, the electric Citroen GT Concept variant will have like 1167HP with the stage 3 motor, and the Tesla Roadster would have like 372HP. Oh, and Stage 3 motor upgrades on a Tesla Model S in the game would bring it to 622HP, not 615HP.

If we had this, the electric Citroen GT Concept variant will have like 1167HP with the stage 3 motor, and the Tesla Roadster would have like 372HP. Oh, and Stage 3 motor upgrades on a Tesla Model S in the game would bring it to 622HP, not 615HP.
actually the Tesla Roadster would have around the same as the Model S with a Stage 3 motor upgrade

My guess with the Model S was a rough estimate, which is why I said "about 615hp". I was in a rush when I did the calculations, but PD would probably put max power to between 610-625hp if such a upgrade existed. However your right that 50% more power added to a 415hp motor (207hp) is 622hp. I'll correct my post to provide the actual numbers you provided on the post.
As for the Citroen GT Concept, to keep things from getting too powerful with the EV upgrades, it would likely that that will be limited by PD to the performance gains of a Stage 1 modification (20% of 779hp is a 155hp gain, which would keep it at around 935hp) but claim it as a Stage 3 kit if such a upgrade existed. After all, they do limit tuning kits on certain cars which have a lot of power as-is to keep it within realistic levels for their respective car class.

actually the Tesla Roadster would have around the same as the Model S with a Stage 3 motor upgrade
The Tesla Roadster in GT6 has 248hp. 50% of 248hp would mean a 124hp gain over stock.
So the Stage 3 kit would give the Tesla Roadster a output of 372HP, which would be 43hp less than the original Model S found in GT6 (not the 15th anniversary model) in stock trim.

My guess with the Model S was a rough estimate, which is why I said "about 615hp". I was in a rush when I did the calculations, but PD would probably put max power to between 610-625hp if such a upgrade existed. However your right that 50% more power added to a 415hp motor (207hp) is 622hp. I'll correct my post to provide the actual numbers you provided on the post.
As for the Citroen GT Concept, to keep things from getting too powerful with the EV upgrades, it would likely that that will be limited by PD to the performance gains of a Stage 1 modification (20% of 779hp is a 155hp gain, which would keep it at around 935hp) but claim it as a Stage 3 kit if such a upgrade existed. After all, they do limit tuning kits on certain cars which have a lot of power as-is to keep it within realistic levels for their respective car class.

The Tesla Roadster in GT6 has 248hp. 50% of 248hp would mean a 124hp gain over stock.
So the Stage 3 kit would give the Tesla Roadster a output of 372HP, which would be 43hp less than the original Model S found in GT6 (not the 15th anniversary model) in stock trim.
why do they limit the amount of power for tuning on some cars?

why do they limit the amount of power for tuning on some cars?
I don't really know (as I don't work for PD), but it is likely that some cars may become overpowered if full tuning was possible. They seem to do it to a variety of models that can easily be driven very fast around a race track (Race Cars, Aftermarket Tuner Cars, and some Supercars). They seem to limit power gains on some concept cars too.

One noticeable example is that with some cars, they limit Engine Tuning to 1 or 2 stages, but they classify them as Stage 2 or Stage 3 even though their gains may or may not be that huge compared to similar cars that are able to be tuned fully. This is one of the factors that shows they limit tuning in certain cars.

I don't really know (as I don't work for PD), but it is likely that some cars may become overpowered if full tuning was possible. They seem to do it to a variety of models that can easily be driven very fast around a race track (Race Cars, Aftermarket Tuner Cars, and some Supercars). They seem to limit power gains on some concept cars too.

One noticeable example is that with some cars, they limit Engine Tuning to 1 or 2 stages, but they classify them as Stage 2 or Stage 3 even though their gains may or may not be that huge compared to similar cars that are able to be tuned fully. This is one of the factors that shows they limit tuning in certain cars.
well that sucks because i actually like having my 600+HP SRT-4 that i had in GT5 then they nerfed it in GT6

Are there any EVs that don't allow suspension and differential tuning? Or power limiter (I'm thinking some of the true eco-minded models may not allow this due to the already low performance) and ballast for that matter.

Are there any EVs that don't allow suspension and differential tuning? Or power limiter (I'm thinking some of the true eco-minded models may not allow this due to the already low performance) and ballast for that matter.
All the EVs in GT6 are capable of tuning, but only thing they can do modifications to are Tires, Suspension, Limited-Slip Differential, Weight Reduction, ballast, Frame Reinforcements, and power restrictions. Some can also use Body Kits too.

Truly eco-minded urban commuter EVs (lightweight, low-powered EVs capable of speeds below 70mph) from around the world are the Reva G-Wiz (India), Buddy Cab (Norway), Wheego WhipLife (United States), ZENN Motors CityZenn (Canada), Think City (Finland), Gordon Murray T-27 (United Kingdom), and Renault Twizy (France).

None of those are in GT6, but it would be nice to add some or all of them to a future GT game and/or as part of a "Eco-Car" DLC add-on.

All the EVs in GT6 are capable of tuning, but only thing they can do modifications to are Tires, Suspension, Limited-Slip Differential, Weight Reduction, ballast, Frame Reinforcements, and power restrictions. Some can also use Body Kits too.

Truly eco-minded urban commuter EVs (lightweight, low-powered EVs capable of speeds below 70mph) from around the world are the Reva G-Wiz (India), Buddy Cab (Norway), Wheego WhipLife (United States), ZENN Motors CityZenn (Canada), Think City (Finland), Gordon Murray T-27 (United Kingdom), and Renault Twizy (France).

None of those are in GT6, but it would be nice to add some or all of them to a future GT game and/or as part of a "Eco-Car" DLC add-on.
what EVs can have bodykits?

what EVs can have bodykits?
The EVs in GT6 I've seen so far that have the option of body kits include the Mitsubishi i-MIEV, Tesla Roadster, and Nissan LEAF.
The Fisker Karma has a body kit too, but that's actually a Plug-in Hybrid not a EV.

Nice idea. I'd enjoy making scary EV's.

¡ԀW∩q
Thread “bumping” is the practice of replying to a thread solely for the purpose of bringing attention to it. This is looked down upon and may result in an official warning or infraction for “spam” or “useless posts”.

The Tesla Model S is my favorite sedan and I would love to get some performance upgrades for this car. Come on, PD!

Back