Length 4,455 mm // 175.4 in
Width 1,770 mm // 69.7 in
Wheelbase 2,625 mm // 103.3 in
Track Front 1,515 mm // 59.6 in
Track Rear 1,515 mm // 59.6 in

vs.

EVO VI Tommi Makinen Edition
z_3-4del.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E. (stripe,J)
Model Year 2000
Acquire Price $ 32,780
Sell Value $ 8,195
Engine L4 DOHC
Drivetrain 4WD
Aspiration Turbo
Stock HP 302 @ 6,500 RPM
Tuned HP 568
Stock Weight 1360 kg // 2,992 lbs
Tuned Weight 1156 kg // 2,543 lbs
Stock P/W Ratio 4.503
Tuned P/W Ratio 2.035
Torque 274 @ 3,000 RPM
Displacement 1,997 cc // 2.0 liters
Height 1,405 mm // 55.3 in
Length 4,350 mm // 171.3 in
Width 1,770 mm // 69.7 in
Wheelbase 2,510 mm // 98.8 in
Track Front 1,510 mm // 59.4 in
Track Rear 1,505 mm // 59.3 in

stats are from www.gtvault.com

I was doing a little EVO comparison, and I noticed that the Mitsubishi EVO VII GSR was quicker than the EVO VI Tommi Makinen Edition, even though the EVO VI T.M.E. is about 40kg lighter, lower to the ground, a bit shorter, and claims to have tuned suspension for tarmac.

The heavier EVO VII GSR (J) ran about .4 seconds faster on the 400m, and gets considerably better times around the track. It seems to me it also has stiffer suspension. In the stats it also has a bit more torque, but I doubt that with these specs it should outperform the T.M.E. I did some research online and everywhere the T.M.E. seems to be a bit faster than the EVO VII GSR,

can someone who knows more about those cars explain this? Does the VII GSR really outperform the VI T.M.E or is this some sort of inaccuracy in GT3???

Same with me. However, it would seem that the T.M.E. edition would be faster, because it is a tuned edition of an EVO. Go figure...

well strangely enough, the claims made on the description of the cars make the VII seem like the better choice over the VI, it may seem that Polyphony actually accounts for more parameters than just what's listed. :odd: They say the VII is made out of better materials, some aero dynamic improvements etc... so now im really confused :confused:

i guess it would help to see how their real life counterparts compare.

also i noticed the Evo VII RS is cheaper and outperforms the VII GSR w/ more torque, why would the VII GSR be more expensive?

I'm really sorry, but had to say it.

Umm... It's because the VII GSR is Yellow!

But seriously, the torque on the GSR is slightly higher, which would give it an advantage off the line. Hence improving it's 400m time.

I'm not sure about the rest of it, other than the suspension may feel better to you, enabling better times.

With such subtle differences in the stats, it's hard to tell where the big difference comes from.

AO

Originally posted by SkillRacer
also i noticed the Evo VII RS is cheaper and outperforms the VII GSR w/ more torque, why would the VII GSR be more expensive?
This is because the RS EVO's are lighter than the GSR EVO's. The RS models are a base model with no power anything, no cd or much of anything for a sound system. Sound detoning materials are stripped as well as the trunk carpeting. There is also no A/C in the RS's wich is a good 30 pounds. The RS models weigh almost 200 pounds lighter.

Originally posted by Der Alta
I'm really sorry, but had to say it.

Umm... It's because the VII GSR is Yellow!

hahahaha!

This is because the RS EVO's are lighter than the GSR EVO's. The RS models are a base model with no power anything, no cd or much of anything for a sound system. Sound detoning materials are stripped as well as the trunk carpeting. There is also no A/C in the RS's wich is a good 30 pounds. The RS models weigh almost 200 pounds lighter.

thanks TS1AWD, didn't know that, i guess that explains that.

Back