F1500T-A physics

• Thread starter mthomas_95
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
mthomas_27
So for today's Nations Cup within 3 laps of practice I'd gotten up to 3rd on the EU leaderboard with a time of 1:37.2, shocked to find I was 2 seconds faster than 10th and over 5 seconds faster than other top guys on my friends list. Now normally I'm either tickling the bottom of the top 10 or within half a second of it.

Come qualifying all the grip I'd had in practice vanished, still got 2nd but with a 1:43.8, over 6 seconds slower. The car felt nothing like it did at Interlagos a fortnight ago pre 1.14, it felt like driving on ice. Did they really just change the physics on super softs as claimed or did they shuffle the compounds (softs became super softs, mediums to softs etc.).

Only 6 in the top S/A lobby finished within a minute of the winner, and a near 10 second spread in qualifying so I clearly wasn't the only one struggling :lol:

I was in that race, starting 3rd. As Atho said at the start, whats going on you go 37, I go 42?
In my warm up, I did 10 laps before any setup and going on full attack. Best was 1:38.0, average 1:40 and 1:37.1 optimal.
I guessed "those" guys must be going 1:35 or even 1:34.
Checked the leaderboards and I was 4th in top 10 !!
Then, in the next 50 laps my best was 1:42.5.
I thought I am going crazy but clearly there was something weird today with that practice.

I was in that race, starting 3rd. As Atho said at the start, whats going on you go 37, I go 42?
In my warm up, I did 10 laps before any setup and going on full attack. Best was 1:38.0, average 1:40 and 1:37.1 optimal.
I guessed "those" guys must be going 1:35 or even 1:34.
Checked the leaderboards and I was 4th in top 10 !!
Then, in the next 50 laps my best was 1:42.5.
I thought I am going crazy but clearly there was something weird today with that practice.

In practice for my 37 it handled very similar to Interlagos 2 weeks ago, so my best guess is there's either a glitch which made the tyres handle like sports rather than racing tyres or we got the 1.13 physics in practice and then the 1.14 update like everyone else for the race.

Might be. And regarding Interlagos, I remember I was using +3 BB and that was by far the best for me, and in the race my front tires got burned out so had to switch to +5 BB. And for today, driving with 0 BB, my rear tires got burned much more then the front. Crazy, I hope someone else comments here on other races that were left tonight.

Might be. And regarding Interlagos, I remember I was using +3 BB and that was by far the best for me, and in the race my front tires got burned out so had to switch to +5 BB. And for today, driving with 0 BB, my rear tires got burned much more then the front. Crazy, I hope someone else comments here on other races that were left tonight.

I watched the next race on YouTube and again only 6 within a minute of the winner, lapping in the 43/44s. It's 3-4 seconds a lap slower than the Gr1 Daily Race C. At least it's the same for everyone for the event itself.

Did you saved the 37 replay perhaps? I didnt saved mine cause I thought I will beat it easy, but I will upload the race.

I did a short 15min session in time trial yesterday, got to 39.2 with a lot of mistakes. Second session i got a lot cleaner but the grip level felt a lot worse, specially in braking distance, 45 and 44s. I blamed myself and moved on. Today same problem but those times on the leaderboard were real (a little bit weird the no replay option for most of them). I've tested with a heavier car, different gearing, higher, lower but to no results. The limit was at 42.2. Seeing what times are in Japan i'm starting to think nothing is different in physics, just a matter of driving technique combined with my 🤬 attitude from the top 3 worldwide finish last time on Interlagos whit this car. :boggled:

I felt really strange in this practice. I did a 1:45 I think, but it felt so far from others. After watching some replays, I can't even understand how they drive that way. They have almost no over-steer flooring it almost mid-corner. I was really looking forward to this race, now I don't think I'll participate. Somehow, I'm still 14th in the Americas.

Did you saved the 37 replay perhaps? I didnt saved mine cause I thought I will beat it easy, but I will upload the race.

I did and there's over 2 seconds difference in sector 1 alone, the braking distance was much longer for the race into turn 1 and I couldn't get on the power anywhere near as much through 3-4.

I did and there's over 2 seconds difference in sector 1 alone
Well, that says alot. I think when you enter practice for the first time you have super grip, and when you end session and re-enter it gets downgraded.
Anyway, here are 2 races below, todays race and Interlagos from 2 weeks ago, so if you can upload fast lap replay we can somehow compare the difference (eventhough I use TC2 for race).

I can‘t drive it since the most recent update, I loved it before but now it just feels like trash, I either drifted out of or massively understeered into half the corners and stopped after 5 laps with a best of 1:47 or something :boggled:

@PD: Make the F1500T-A great again!

For PD, the answer is simple....

Ye canne change the laws of physics...

Sorry, I know that's not any help but it's all I've got.

I haven't driven the T1000 since the patch and, frankly from what I've read on here ever since, I'm not going to.

It seems to me good drivers are really struggling with it since the patch which suggests that PD need to just reverse all the changes completely.

I'll give PD some slack in saying sometimes they have made changes in the past which have improved the physics, but in this case the opposite seems to have happened.

I had a similar experience and I thought I was alone.

In practice for that race I did a 1:42.9 which, at the time, put me 7th on the top 10. I was lapping in the 1:44's and 1:45 until I got that one lap. I didn't do anything different, I just at a little more grip during the lap. I'm not saying 1:42.9 isn't possible on the hard tires, but it was a full 2 seconds faster than my normal lap and almost 2 seconds faster than my optimal up to that time.

I achieve the 1:42 so easily that I thought I could another out fairly easily, but then I fell back into the 1:44-1:45 range again.

I went into time trial mode over the last few days to try and replicate that lap. I simply cannot. I run 1:44-1:45 on hards with a best of 1:44.9...2 full seconds slower. I experimented with tires (no set up changes) and I finally replicated the lap by putting soft tires on the car. I think I could have done it with the mediums, but my optimal when I gave up trying was 1:43.7.

Here is the replay for download in the game so everyone can check it out. It's not a stunner of a lap, but you can see that it's fairly uneventful.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...allery/all/replay/1197461/5773641117011576336

No TCS, No CSA, DS4.

Grip bug Version 2.0 maybe?????

I had a similar experience and I thought I was alone.

In practice for that race I did a 1:42.9 which, at the time, put me 7th on the top 10. I was lapping in the 1:44's and 1:45 until I got that one lap. I didn't do anything different, I just at a little more grip during the lap. I'm not saying 1:42.9 isn't possible on the hard tires, but it was a full 2 seconds faster than my normal lap and almost 2 seconds faster than my optimal up to that time.

I achieve the 1:42 so easily that I thought I could another out fairly easily, but then I fell back into the 1:44-1:45 range again.

I went into time trial mode over the last few days to try and replicate that lap. I simply cannot. I run 1:44-1:45 on hards with a best of 1:44.9...2 full seconds slower. I experimented with tires (no set up changes) and I finally replicated the lap by putting soft tires on the car. I think I could have done it with the mediums, but my optimal when I gave up trying was 1:43.7.

Here is the replay for download in the game so everyone can check it out. It's not a stunner of a lap, but you can see that it's fairly uneventful.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...allery/all/replay/1197461/5773641117011576336

No TCS, No CSA, DS4.

Grip bug Version 2.0 maybe?????

Grip bug sounds like a possible explanation given you've done more testing than I did. At least it affects everyone the same this time though, and no one kept doing freak laptimes for the race itself. They've probably screwed something up in trying to improve the grip on super soft, which is a shame because it's completely irrelevant for Sport Mode.

Back