Fanatec 911 Turbo (non-S) PS3 Compatibility?

• Thread starter jakiman
  • 8 comments
Hi all, I just got a PWT (non-S model) and I just cannot get it to work in nearly all PS3 racing games except for Ferrari Challenge and GT5 Prologue.
I have updated the USB dongle to the latest firmware available on their site and changed time back to mid-2008 and ensure it's always Controller 1. (this was the only way to get it working with GT5p)

NFS Shift = Fail (I really wanted this to work.....)
MotorStorm Pacific Rift = Fail
DiRT2 = Fail
Blur = Fail

Seems these games just detect my PWT as just a controller and not a wheel.
Are any other PWT owners having the same issue or is it just me?
It's soooooo hard to find any compatibility list for this wheel. So I hope the other PWT owners can assist.

I was also told buying a new PWTS dongle will fix all compatibility issues. Is this really case?

Last edited:
I only have GT5P but it worked perfect in that without the need for setting back the clock or updating the dongle. I just got my PWT a couple days ago so i figured maybe they have updated the firmware on them now or something.

This is a really stupid question but do you have it in PS3 mode?

Ahh. Forgot to mention but yeah, I've tried both PC and PS3 mode on the wheel.
I tried Formula 1 CE (old game) and it works fine with my PWT. (except it hd no force feedback)

Don't really care about other games. I just want NFS Shift to work with it. =(
So Would love to get some more info from who uses the PWT and has it working with NFS Shift.

But later on, I'm really hoping it will work properly when GT5 comes out.
But I guess I'll have to buy the PWTS dongle regardless.
Coz changing the date back to 2008 is just not on.
It will cost me AUS$50 (around US$45) to get the dongle though. Not cheap!

You can also go to their contact page and give them an email if you are not sure. It would take up to a whole day to get a response but still worth waiting that extra day.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It seems it's amazingly difficult to get any proper answers.
I've emailed Fanatec and got no response for over 2 weeks now.
Also signed up to 911wheel.de forums and never got an email with account info. So can't post.

I've ordered the PWTS USB dongle for an extra AUS$50. Ripoff imo but no choice.
ETA is end of October for shipment so still over a month away before I get it. Grrr.

Hey jakiman. Were u getting your dongle upgrade thru pagnian imports? I orderd mine from them and now they're saying that they can't fulfill the order. I really want it to work for GT5 and F1 2010. Any advice?

You can upgrade the PWT with a RF dongle of PWTS and get full compatibility without setting back the system date etc.

Back