Fanatec Force Feedback not working

Australia
Australia
Hi All,
I am running the Fanatec CSL Wheelbase for the PS4 and I am wondering if anyone is having trouble with there force feedback after yesterday's maintenance. I was playing the game up until the maintenance period the turned it off about 10min before it started the turned it back on later that night the patch or what ever it was downloaded with no problem then I went on and no force feedback it was like when the game first come out.

The force feedback works with other game like F12017 and PC2 but not Gran Turismo Sport. I downloaded the current drivers and installed them did help then did a system restore on the play station and still will not working.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be. Thank you in advance

Are you guys talking about all FFB effects missing or just certain details like rumble strips and front sliding etc..??

Are you guys talking about all FFB effects missing or just certain details like rumble strips and front sliding etc..??

It’s the FFB effects. It seems like there is a major lack of feedback when the wheel is within 90 degrees of rotation. It could just be a coincidence, but this happened right after I updated the game after the most recent patch.

Mine worked great....................until about 15 minutes ago. It made a snapping sound (kind of like a rubber band breaking or maybe an electrical arc sound) then I had no FFB whatsoever. It happened in the middle of a race. When I turn it on now instead of the LED illuminating i get 3 amber lights and the wheel wont rotate like it should for self calibration. :confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I didn't have any issues last night post maintenance update. In fact, I feel like mine was slightly better (or I was driving better but I guess that's not here nor there.) I'll have to check mine tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully it is still working.

Im sure mine is not a game related problem, it seems like something broke/failed in the wheel.
I mean that's good for me, but man that sucks. Hope it's an easy and/or inexpensive fix. Good luck!

Mine worked great....................until about 15 minutes ago. It made a snapping sound (kind of like a rubber band breaking or maybe an electrical arc sound) then I had no FFB whatsoever. It happened in the middle of a race. When I turn it on now instead of the LED illuminating i get 3 amber lights and the wheel wont rotate like it should for self calibration. :confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Contact with Fanatec support and make a video of the problem.

Hey Fast
Had the same thing happen to me last month. Had to send it in. It took a couple of weeks to get it back. They sent a new one as a replacement.
Ya, I know, it sucks.

Did your FFB quit worki g while in use? It still worked with no FFB until I turned it off/on. Now they shift light lights flash on 1 time, then the first 3 Amber's come on and stay illuminated and power light flashes, it wont perform the self calibration where the wheel spins by itself. I am guessing the FFB motor shorted out, I heard an arc when it failed

Hey Fast
Same 3 lights, flashing power light, no self calibration.
Sorry fast, but you're screwed.
Get the company tech chat opened. Have your wheel hooked up to the computer so they can do their thing. But ya, it has to be sent back for repairs.

Hey Fast
Same 3 lights, flashing power light, no self calibration.
Sorry fast, but you're screwed.
Get the company tech chat opened. Have your wheel hooked up to the computer so they can do their thing. But ya, it has to be sent back for repairs.

I started a ticket but have not heard back yet. Did the FFB motor fail in yours? I hope it's not something that happens every 6 months.

I started a ticket but have not heard back yet. Did the FFB motor fail in yours? I hope it's not something that happens every 6 months.
If you are curious to know what happened, only six bolts have separated you from that.I'm definitely curious to find out.

I think they void the warranty if the sticker across the 2 halves of the exterior body is torn or removed.
Here's what you can do without opening it:
Check whether the optical wheel is ok through this hole(there is such a case of broken optical wheel,use a flashlight)

2-png.731031

3-png.731032

Was there a burning smell when the wheel was damaged?
When you turn the steering wheel with power off do you feel less or more friction than before and some new strange noise?

Fast
I don't know what failed. They just sent a different one back, no explanation. Ya, I hear you about the six month thing. I got mine on black Friday, broken by June :(

After the
Hi All,
I am running the Fanatec CSL Wheelbase for the PS4 and I am wondering if anyone is having trouble with there force feedback after yesterday's maintenance. I was playing the game up until the maintenance period the turned it off about 10min before it started the turned it back on later that night the patch or what ever it was downloaded with no problem then I went on and no force feedback it was like when the game first come out.

The force feedback works with other game like F12017 and PC2 but not Gran Turismo Sport. I downloaded the current drivers and installed them did help then did a system restore on the play station and still will not working.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be. Thank you in advance
Update..no changes on ffb... only that issue with auto sens not working in blue mode... purple mode is working fine... (fanatec csl elite ps4)

Here's what you can do without opening it:
Check whether the optical wheel is ok through this hole(there is such a case of broken optical wheel,use a flashlight)

2-png.731031

3-png.731032

Was there a burning smell when the wheel was damaged?
When you turn the steering wheel with power off do you feel less or more friction than before and some new strange noise?

No burning smell whatsoever, just a pretty loud electrical arcing snap when FFB failed. The wheel has zero resistance, there is just a slight bit of friction when turning. If memory serves me correct, it had more friction before when off than it does now.

Huh - I didn't hear anything, but I am deaf in one ear ;)
Mirror Man - didn't know that, you mean for wheel radius, I assume.
I've been deceasing the radius lately. But thanks for the heads up

After the

Update..no changes on ffb... only that issue with auto sens not working in blue mode... purple mode is working fine... (fanatec csl elite ps4)

So do you use your Fanatec in blue or purple mode?
I never tried purple, I thought we were instructed to use blue mode on PS4

Huh - I didn't hear anything, but I am deaf in one ear ;)
Mirror Man - didn't know that, you mean for wheel radius, I assume.
I've been deceasing the radius lately. But thanks for the heads up

Yep! Exactly! SEN with AUTO value seems not to be working...in blue mode ( only in purple mode)

Yep! Exactly! SEN with AUTO value seems not to be working...in blue mode ( only in purple mode)
Even then, I feel like it works fine for road cars and GR4. Gr3 is horrible though, can't say about 1 or 2 as I don't really drive them much.

Hmm, curious
I'm running the 476 update, not the 393
I wonder if that is the problem MM ?

I do lose "center" when I go off, or have a hard save of the car. It'll do that once, then after resetting, it works ok.

I'm in blue mode and have FF

Hmm, curious
I'm running the 476 update, not the 393
I wonder if that is the problem MM ?

I do lose "center" when I go off, or have a hard save of the car. It'll do that once, then after resetting, it works ok.

I'm in blue mode and have FF
When did this update come out? I may need to update my wheel. Did it about a month ago but didn't pay attention to what the update version was

Back