Fanatec GT2 Wheel with GT4 on 60GB PS3?

• Thread starter Zero7159
  • 7 comments
Zero7159
Does anyone know if my Fanatec GT2 wheel and Clubsport pedals will work with GT4 on my launch 60 GB PS3 (the fat one with full PS2 and PS backwards compatibility)? If so, how do I make it work?

Also, can I use my wireless dongle, or do I have to use the USB cord?

I tried playing GT4 with my wheel last week and it did not work.

Thanks!

If it's anything like the G25 I see no reason why not. I used to use that on my 60gb and everything other than the H shifter worked spot on including FFB.

I worked on this and was able to get the GT2 to work with Gran Turismo 4 and my 60 GB PS3 by connecting the GT2 using the supplied USB cable. I used USB port 1 on my PS3. I could not get the GT2 to work with the Fanatec wireless dongle.

While I was playing Gran Turismo 4, it hit me how much I have taken for granted HD graphics from the current generation of consoles. Gran Turismo 5 is light years ahead of Gran Turismo 4. That being said, I started Gran Turismo 4 from the beginning with a new gamesave, and intend to experience it again using my wheel and pedals.

Could you explain in better detail how you got this to work. I am a first time wheel owner and I am trying to get the carrera wheel to work with gt4 and my launch ps3.

Thanks.

You guys read my mind hehhe.. due to smallness of gt5 i started to thinking how to start gt4 again..but i was thinking to get ps2 so is there a gt4 for ps3?

I to want to experience it again but whit wheel, same as you guys.. last time whit pad..

G25 owner

Could you explain in better detail how you got this to work. I am a first time wheel owner and I am trying to get the carrera wheel to work with gt4 and my launch ps3.

Thanks.

I ran the USB cable between port 1 (far left) on my 60 GB PS3 to my GT2 wheel. I could not get the wireless dongle to work. I fired up the PS3 with GT4, turned on the GT2 wheel and then put it in PS3 mode. From that point, the wheel and clubsport pedals worked fine.

My only problem with this set up is that GT4 looks so damn ugly. GT5 is a much better looking game.

Back