Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Has Developed the Steering Wheel For Ford’s 2022 World Rally Car

Racing simulator equipment manufacturer Fanatec is again proving that its products have real-world applications, by helping none other than automotive giant Ford develop a steering wheel for its 2022 World Rally Championship contender...

Last edited:
Really hope this wheel becomes available to us publicly! What better way to complete a rally themed sim build :D

Really hope this wheel becomes available to us publicly! What better way to complete a rally themed sim build :D
If the M4 GT is any indication, expect it to cost a pretty penny...

I wish they made a "wheelbase only" version of the M4 GT, perhaps at a price point like the Formula. Having a rim cost over a grand thanks to being....well, the real thing... is cool for PR and the super rich, but they are missing out on thousands of customers who just want a decent replica.

So on a similar note I hope they also do a replica version of this at a reasonable price.

WRC Fanatec.png

From this video:

Man-o-man, I struggle to find rims that work with the PBMEndurance. This PBMRally goes over the wheel which eliminates all the hassle! I forgot about it. First posted here Jan 2021, still no word on availability. :guilty:

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump, didn’t want to make a new thread for the Button Module Rally.

I got mine during Black Friday sales, arrived this week (Rally Sweden wheel) and it looks great, looking forward to trying it out on WRC (Xbox) over the holidays.

@SimRacer925 I saw your formula/gt style setup (below) on the Fanatec forum, looks real nice 🙂 I might pick up another button module in a few months and replicate this setup.

I had a question if that’s ok:

• If I connect the Podium Advanced Paddle Module and the Podium Button Module Rally to the ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox, will I be able to switch between the various clutch paddle modes?

Looking at the Quick Guide for the Podium Button Module Rally, it appears the rotaries don’t have a way to switch between modes on Xbox, since they’re all 12 notch vs the 4 notch mode switcher on other wheels.

Looking at the Quick Guides for all items mentioned above I couldn’t see an alternate way to swap between modes either.

1703334721024.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump, didn’t want to make a new thread for the Button Module Rally.

I got mine during Black Friday sales this week (Rally Sweden wheel) and it looks great, looking forward to trying it out on WRC (Xbox) over the holidays.

@SimRacer925 I saw your formula/gt style setup (below) on the Fanatec forum, looks real nice 🙂 I might pick up another button module in a few months and replicate this setup.

I had a question if that’s ok:

• If I connect the Podium Advanced Paddle Module and the Podium Button Module Rally to the ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox, will I be able to switch between the various clutch paddle modes?

Looking at the Quick Guide for the Podium Button Module Rally, it appears the rotaries don’t have a way to switch between modes on Xbox, since they’re all 12 notch vs the 4 notch mode switcher on other wheels.

Looking at the Quick Guides for all items mentioned above I couldn’t see an alternate way to swap between modes either.

View attachment 1313873
The BMR (as well as other wheels which can be used with the APM without a middle MPS knob) there is a Tuning Menu setting called "ACP" (Analogue Clutch Paddles) to control in which mode the Clutch paddles should operate (so Clutch Bite Point, Clutch + Handbrake, Brake + Throttle or Mappable Analogue Axes).

The BMR (as well as other wheels which can be used with the APM without a middle MPS knob) there is a Tuning Menu setting called "ACP" (Analogue Clutch Paddles) to control in which mode the Clutch paddles should operate (so Clutch Bite Point, Clutch + Handbrake, Brake + Throttle or Mappable Analogue Axes).
That’s good to know, thank you 🙂

Might go for the Cube Controls rim in a few months then.

Ergonomics-wise, how does your setup feel compared to a Fanatec Formula wheel? Anything in particular you prefer?

Last edited:
1703698219488.png

Incase it helps anyone, here's the layout as it stands when the Podium Button Module Rally is mounted to a ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox, when playing on Xbox Series X.

It’s different to the printed guide I got on Black Friday though it looks like the digital guide has been updated. Also, it may be game-specific but on the Xbox dashboard the right stick has the same inputs.

Last edited:
I… may have bought a second one yesterday 😅
i would love to do the same but,
Got mine just before Xmas,loaded driver 455 and updated firmware,module worked fine then after turning off my base,csl dd 8 nm it never worked again and my base wouldn’t work till i unplugged the module ,new rally module coming tomorrow,have you experienced any problems, with your setup since using?,thanks for any info
EDIT just to add I’m on Xbox using v2 hub like yourself i think.

Last edited:
i would love to do the same but,
Got mine just before Xmas,loaded driver 455 and updated firmware,module worked fine then after turning off my base,csl dd 8 nm it never worked again and my base wouldn’t work till i unplugged the module ,new rally module coming tomorrow,have you experienced any problems, with your setup since using?,thanks for any info
EDIT just to add I’m on Xbox using v2 hub like yourself i think.
I’ve not had any critical issues like you. The only minor annoyance is that sometimes when I turn in the base with the wheel plugged in it defaults to PC mode, ,but that usually just means another button press to switch to Xbox.

That might be an issue with 455 specifically though, seen a few people mention it.

Wheel’s been perfect for me with EA SPORTS WRC. Can’t go much better than having similar hardware to a real WRC car so I don’t see myself upgrading my rally setup for a very long time (unless they release a new handbrake).

That might be an issue with 455 specifically though, seen a few people mention it.
Thanks for the quick reply, I’m just worried it was 455 that caused my problem, i will try it again and hopefully it was just a faulty module,
Yes i bought it specially for Wrc as well, very immersive,thankyou for all your hard work with the game,absolutely loving it ,doing all the moments is pure joy

Thanks for the quick reply, I’m just worried it was 455 that caused my problem, i will try it again and hopefully it was just a faulty module,
Yes i bought it specially for Wrc as well, very immersive,thankyou for all your hard work with the game,absolutely loving it ,doing all the moments is pure joy
I just posted something similar in the dd pro thread regarding 455, gt7 and the dd pro. More than 455 though, its the updates which pushed to the univ hub v2 and the wheel base which are really concerning.

I just posted something similar in the dd pro thread regarding 455, gt7 and the dd pro. More than 455 though, its the updates which pushed to the univ hub v2 and the wheel base which are really concerning

Agreed,I’m really hoping they release driver 456 with firmware updates soon

I wouldn't say it's off-topic, if it has a specific fix for this piece of hardware.

Side-note, Fanatec's delivery speed seems to have increased. I ordered on Friday and it's already about to leave Germany and hit UK customs.

Side-note, Fanatec's delivery speed seems to have increased. I ordered on Friday and it's already about to leave Germany and hit UK customs.
[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear,my replacement went from handed to warehouse to delivery in 7 days as well

Caught the idea from a few people (namely @SimRacer925 and @I_Leak_Oil) to combine the Fanatec Podium Button Module Rally with the Cube Controls GT-Zero, and it's turned out rather nice.

Already had the Rally Sweden wheel and after using it for a while convinced myself to buy another PBMR and Universal Hub to build this 🙂

Already had the PAPM and QR2 Pro from my previous wheel (a Formula V2 that I had for 4 years and sold off last week).
Dimensions are pretty much identical to a Fanatec McLaren GT3 (300mm), but with far more modularity and a premium feel.

• Fanatec Podium Button Module Rally
  • Fanatec Podium Advanced Paddle Module
  • Fanatec ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox
  • Fanatec QR2 Pro Wheel-Side
  • Cube Controls GT-Zero Rim (Rubber Grip)
  • SimStickers Sticker Set

Side-note: I ordered the PBMR and Universal Hub on January 26 and the arrived at the door (UK) on February 2.

The speed plus the number of update emails I got from Fanatec is a positive sign vs when I made my Black Friday order last year (which was 4 weeks from store to door).

PJ_SimRig_2024_11.png

PJ_SimRig_2024_12.png

Last edited:
Back