Fanatec Launches $100 Shaft Extension for ClubSport Direct Drive Wheel Bases

• Thread starter Famine
  • 21 comments
The correct size is 150mm.:)

DSC01771.JPG

This would require a DDU mount adapter to move it up as well. Hmmmm. Solutioning engaged.

Wait...this is, a NEW product that just got released?
Nbc Tearing Up GIF by Blindspot

Jerome

I thought Fanatec were in administration, and yet they're still able to design new products? Is that normal?

Last edited:
Although I don’t need it with the way my rig is set up, a CSL DD version would be nice to have as an option.

Would need an entirely different design though.

Last edited:
Although I don’t need it with the way my rig is set up, a CSL DD version would be nice to have as an option.

Would need an entirely different design though.
It's very possible that the CSL DD/DD Pro shaft has not been designed to cope with the additional torque that can be applied by the user when a rim is 160mm further away from the wheelbase.

This would require a DDU mount adapter to move it up as well. Hmmmm. Solutioning engaged.
If you have a 3D printer and come up with your own design for the holder you can mount it directly to the shaft using the top hole with a longer bolt and nut.
Or you can even use all three holes without the bottom one to mount a holder.
But it will rotate with the steering wheel compared to stationary attached to the base and the DDU/phone must be firmly attached to the holder.
Or you can use this DDU Mount.

Product_Page_top_banner_DD_Shaft_Extension_2.jpg
dash.png

Last edited:
If you have a 3D printer and come up with your own design for the holder you can mount it directly to the shaft using the top hole with a longer bolt and nut.
Or you can even use all three holes without the bottom one to mount a holder.
But it will rotate with the steering wheel compared to stationary attached to the base and the DDU/phone must be firmly attached to the holder.
Or you can use this DDU Mount.

View attachment 1385022View attachment 1385024
That DDU mount is nice. and that's what I already started on and was meant by solutioning engaged. sim racing seems to require significant engieneering like IRL racing to get things all ergonomically optimal.

Also love the Live For Speed avatar image! ♥️ 🫒 ⏩ 🚤

Ordered and tracking says delivery this Sunday. Have been waiting for this because my rig’s ergonomics don’t let me get the exact seating position I want. I’m just a little too far from the wheel as it is but this will solve that once and for all. Pretty psyched.

My main rig ergonomics are perfect (Thanks TRX TrakRacer) , but a couple other rigs could benefit from this. I'll look into that in a few months, currently have plenty going on and other higher priorities, but this is a great addition that will be beneficial.

Got mine and installed it yesterday. Easy installation and it did exactly what I wanted, which is improve my distance to the wheel and give me more range of adjustment in how far forward or back I slide my seat. Overall I couldn't be happier with finally having this solution.

Back