Faster startF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter LB-33
  • 13 comments
LB-33
Hey guys , I have been playing a fair bite of online racing lately and noticed how slow a starter I am . Usually at least 2 cars passed me before the first corner . The question is how do I get a faster start . Should I use Kers ? I use manual gears . Thanks

So, here's what I do.

Try keeping the revs in the reds, not the purples. Once the lights go green, immediately switch to the faster fuel mix and that's pretty much it. You can, however, use KERS, too. It certainly doesn't hurt but I think it's more useful after the first corner.

All credits to Sach btw. :P

Last edited:
On PS3? Use the D-pad. But be careful. If you use a rich fuel mixture, then you'll probably have to save a bit of fuel later on.

As to the op, use Kers if you're having trouble. Sometimes a good start and kers can rocket you to the front like Heidfeld in Malaysia.

I try to keep under the red shift lights at the start, when the race start lights go out i modulate the throttle trying to prevent wheelspin, though practice tells me it seems better to just grab second gear early and try to get on the throttle a bit more.

Stay away from WOT in 1st or 2nd as you just spin up the tyres. You can even jump to 3rd early and hit KERS. The AI always has a slightly better start than myself, everytime.

I'm not always sure how to do it. When offline I almost always get a great start without wheelspin, usually passing a few cars or building a gap on the field. When I try to figure what I'm doing I always mess up, either with an average start or a bad start. When I'm online I usually have average starts, with some wheelspin.

As for fuel mix and KERS, use them! ALWAYS turn the fuel mix to fast on the start! You can turn it back down after the first corner if you're really worried about fuel. As for KERS, once you're going fuel throttle, deploy your KERS. Use as much as nessecary for the situation, overdosing with KERS is good :)

Thanks! How long do the races need to be for me to be able to change the fuel mix? I'm at Lotus so no KERS!

Mr. S
Race length doesn't matter, fuel simulation does.

Ok but I generally do 3 laps and the only option I get us tyres??

Scottish GT5
Mr. S
Race length doesn't matter, fuel simulation does.
Ok but I generally do 3 laps and the only option I get us tyres??

You'll only get the option if fuel sim is turned on. If it is on, then I'm not sure why it's not an option.

jcm
You'll only get the option if fuel sim is turned on. If it is on, then I'm not sure why it's not an option.

How do you turn it on?

Latest Posts

Back