Fastest accelerating road cars?

• Thread starter JustBecauz
  • 28 comments
JustBecauz
(searched but couldn't find my answer)

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what the fastest accelerating road car in the game is?

I'm looking for something that will just punch off at he line and beat the other cars. Seems the Dodge ACR is the fastest excluding the veyron. Wondering if anyoen has got any cars they find are surprising quick off the line to say 200kmph/130mph ? Looking for somethign fun to dragrace with online 👍

Also if someone has found a thread with the car's speed listed or somethign that would be tops :drool:

Thanks for any answers :)

The Ferrari Enzo hands down. That beast has got to be the fastest accelerating MR drivetrain car in the game. It is just stupidly fast. Before you know it you're hitting 360+ in a matter of seconds.

Well, the Veyron is a 4WD mid-engined car, so I'd go for something with those characteristics.

The Ferrari Enzo hands down. That beast has got to be the fastest accelerating MR drivetrain car in the game. It is just stupidly fast. Before you know it you're hitting 360+ in a matter of seconds.

acceleration(which is what he is asking) to lets say a 1/4 mile, it can be a beat by a lot of cars

its does have great top end though

audi lemans quattro can beat about any street car thats not a veyron in the 1/4 mile (130-160mph)

acceleration(which is what he is asking) to lets say a 1/4 mile, it can be a beat by a lot of cars

its does have great top end though

audi lemans quattro can beat about any street car thats not a veyron in the 1/4 mile (130-160mph)

Oh no, I know that, that's why I said "With MR Drivetrain" ;)

you have to agree though, only the audi lemans quattro and the veyron are capable of outrunning it. It ways 1044 kg's, its a freaking feather lol

The Veyron is second only to the X1. It even beats the FGTs, which is impressive, and shameful at the same time. Second best has to be the Speed 12, its low end acceleration sucks due to lots of wheel spin, but once you pass 80 MPH, its a absolute rocket from than on until about 240 MPH, and tops out at around 260 MPH.

Ok. The Nissan GTR Spec V ('09). With max upgrades and some fine tuning will beat most cars in a quarter-mile. Pretty funny to listen to people rage when their million dollar Enzo gets beat by a 150,000$ Nissan.

Yeah, a speed 12 works well, but you need to control wheel spin with it, because there's a whole lot of that.

The Veyron is second only to the X1. It even beats the FGTs, which is impressive, and shameful at the same time. Second best has to be the Speed 12, its low end acceleration sucks due to lots of wheel spin, but once you pass 80 MPH, its a absolute rocket from than on until about 240 MPH, and tops out at around 260 MPH.

^That and maybe a Mclaren F1?

It all depends on the gearing. For example last night, I was racing my R8 5.2 FSI vs Nuvolari at the TGTT and with SSR7 gearing (440km/h top speed), I was 1 carlength behind. Changed gearing to 330km/h top speed and we were side by side. Note that the R8 is 40hp down on the Nuvolari & 150kg heavier.

excellent mid range, hard to launch and not an impressive top speed compared to other cars

Are we talking about the same Speed 12 here? Set TCS to 1 and it'll lunge itself forward until it's going around 380km/h without even taking as much as a quick breather. Untuned it beats my Veyron on laps of Monza comfortably.

This has to be the fastest accellerating roadcar this side of 2 million credits.

yeah i agree with above poster the speed 12 beats the veyron, i do it differently though and just turn rear downforce to 60 and launch 3rd gear.

I have yet to find a street car that out accelerate the Veyron.
fully tune @1273hp that thing is a MONSTER !!!

I have yet to find a street car that out accelerate the Veyron.

this, definitely not the speed 12

if you think it does or if you have one that could, add me on psn and i would like to see it happen

and most the rooms i go to that does drag racing has traction control disabled so i have never tried. i personally thing it slows down the car, better off launching in 3rd or 4th gear

this, definitely not the speed 12

if you think it does or if you have one that could, add me on psn and i would like to see it happen

and most the rooms i go to that does drag racing has traction control disabled so i have never tried. i personally thing it slows down the car, better off launching in 3rd or 4th gear

Are we talking tuned or stock?

both tuned, it might be hard to find a stock veyron as i am sure everyone who has one tunes it

i can de-tune my veyron and see how it does against a tuned speed 12

Yea but tbh if you are talking about REAL racing you shoudn't have used TCS at all ;) That way, both racing hards, Veyron beats Speed 12 quite easily with its 4WD set to 50-50 (especially when you max out the gears and launch it from limiter on the second gear). Good way to launch supercharged speed 12 is setting gearbox to 298mph and going form 4th gear on racing hards (trust me if you set LSD acc to 60 it will launch like a rocket).

Here's the topic you may want to read:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134446

I saw a post on the 1st page on how a GTR would beat an Enzo? No. My enzo beats GTR's and Viper ACR's and with TCS on, even more so. It won't beat a Veyron obviously but anything other than that can't touch the Enzo from 120mph +.

There is one car however that will hang with an Enzo door to door from 0-250....

Ok. The Nissan GTR Spec V ('09). With max upgrades and some fine tuning will beat most cars in a quarter-mile. Pretty funny to listen to people rage when their million dollar Enzo gets beat by a 150,000$ Nissan.

Yep. The Spec V launches hard as hell. It's a really good car for B-Spec too for some of the Expert level races. It's hard to spin and when set up right, even a rookie Bob won't understeer it into the weeds.

Yea but tbh if you are talking about REAL racing you shoudn't have used TCS at all ;) That way, both racing hards, Veyron beats Speed 12 quite easily with its 4WD set to 50-50 (especially when you max out the gears and launch it from limiter on the second gear). Good way to launch supercharged speed 12 is setting gearbox to 298mph and going form 4th gear on racing hards (trust me if you set LSD acc to 60 it will launch like a rocket).

Here's the topic you may want to read:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134446

The Veyron's real Torque Dist. is 20/80.

Back