FM PC settings as 09-2024

Mexico
Mexico
Hi all, at this point I'm ready to share my current PC settings after overhauling my rig during the past quarter, with upgrades to the CPU/GPU. For these settings I aim at a 1440p quality presentation with a frame rate above 60 fps.

I started playing FM with a Radeon 6650 XT card, but I've since moved to Nvidia's 4070 Super, thus the raytracing feature that I use (car reflections) should have less of an impact on performance.

Forza Motorsport 7_13_2024 9_24_56 PM.png

Notice here that I've increased the resolution scale to 125%, which translates to a 1800p image that then is super sampled to my native resolution. This is to gain more overall detail, especially since I use TAA and that tends to blur details on the distance. With this, the image is crispier all around. Set at 150% it would produce a 4K (2160p) image to downscale, but it would take more VRAM and the results would not be visually better.
Forza Motorsport 7_13_2024 9_25_35 PM.png

For these settings, the performance target set to Auto will get you 83 fps locked all around. Set at unlocked it will get you between 90-110 fps on track, depending on the circumstances. Since I've detected no screen tearing, v-sync is not necessary, but if active it will cost 1-2 fps.

Because the dynamic render quality is set to Ultra, all other settings are set to Auto, except anisotropic filtering at 16x, car reflections for RT quality, and the general and cockpit motion blur set at Off. Note that the use of VRAM is now more accurately reflected and is well within the limits of my card.

This together with a true HDR monitor (600 nits) the resulting image is similar to the footage shown in the last update:

It seems that they FINALLY are using in-game footage that can be reproduced by cards that are not 4090's!

I hope that this helps and that the community also shares their current settings, whether on Nvidia/AMD/Intel cards and CPUs.

Last edited:
Back