For the love of God *PLEASE* get Sarah off my screen!!!

• Thread starter isamu
  • 30 comments

isamu

(Banned)
Nothing against the actress playing Sarah....Sarah if you're reading this we love you...we really do. But for crying out loud PD can you like, please not have her pop up on my screen with that **** eating grin on her face talking about "Oh...you were sooooo close! You just need a little more practice, blah blah blah...." Ummm, yes Sarah....I know I was close, now can you kindly GTFO of my game while I'm wrestling with this damn Circuit Experience or Mission? A simple "Congratulations you did it" once I'm actually done will suffice! I don't need extra frustration with you telling me how close I was or that I need a bit more practice.

Was PD deliberately trying to annoy the heck out of us with this design decision or something?

It's up there for not even 2 seconds if you press X. :lol: If it really causes that reaction you should ask yourself if it's time for a break or not.

I love these nitpicking threads, so pointless yet hilarious.

Just skip them by spamming the X button, come on, it's not that hard.
It's the thousand cuts, the game is littered with meaningless drivel you have to cycle through and the centralised menu systems means you also spend a lot of time faffing about just to add a livery you downloaded for example. It's a very, very clunky user experience and sarah has a face so she cops the blame.

I'm annoyed with the talking heads too, what is their purpose? Because showing a non-helpful message saying "take a breath" after every fifth attempt on a mission is really not helpful, but rather infuriating.

I don't mind the characters. Makes the game feel more like a RPG.

That said, I do have to wonder why Kaz decided to throw the FIAGTC players in there as AI opponents. It kind of undermines their skill, honestly.

Not that the players themselves mind it, though. They love it, actually, from what I've seen.

All of the head bubbles are the GT champs/PD employee’s or people behind certain car brands etc. Sarah is a PD employee for those wondering same with the guy who talks about tuning.

I think much of the talking head motivational speech stuff is lost in translation culturally from Japan to rest of world, the ending sequence for the cafe menus is just bizarre

m76
I think the white knights desperately trying to shield the game even from the smallest criticism is more entertaining.
They sure are entertaining, aren't they.

Why don’t you just skip over threads you don’t agree with? You would be doing us all a favor.
Lol, will do, this thread is killing my braincells, anyway.

It's the thousand cuts, the game is littered with meaningless drivel you have to cycle through and the centralised menu systems means you also spend a lot of time faffing about just to add a livery you downloaded for example. It's a very, very clunky user experience and sarah has a face so she cops the blame.
Yeah, the UI quite poor, especially on the PS4, where the loading times are 10 times longer than PS5.

It works on everything. It's also beneficial for one liners as you don't accidentally start a race/mission.
Nope, it just allows you to skip their sentences once they started talking, it does not de-activate talking heads. Instead of pressing X after each sentence it gives you the ability to press O to end it directly, but they still pop and start to talk.

300% with OP about Sarah, I can't stand her anymore. Maybe it is not an issue for players who get gold at first try on every sector or mission but that is not my case, and I am tired of her comments again and again when I am retrying a damn sector for the 20th time.

Nope, it just allows you to skip their sentences once they started talking, it does not de-activate talking heads. Instead of pressing X after each sentence it gives you the ability to press O to end it directly, but they still pop and start to talk.

300% with OP about Sarah, I can't stand her anymore. Maybe it is not an issue for players who get gold at first try on every sector or mission but that is not my case, and I am tired of her comments again and again when I am retrying a damn sector for the 20th time.
Remind me where I said it de-activates the talking heads please.

Nothing against the actress playing Sarah....Sarah if you're reading this we love you...we really do. But for crying out loud PD can you like, please not have her pop up on my screen with that **** eating grin on her face talking about "Oh...you were sooooo close! You just need a little more practice, blah blah blah...." Ummm, yes Sarah....I know I was close, now can you kindly GTFO of my game while I'm wrestling with this damn Circuit Experience or Mission? A simple "Congratulations you did it" once I'm actually done will suffice! I don't need extra frustration with you telling me how close I was or that I need a bit more practice.

Was PD deliberately trying to annoy the heck out of us with this design decision or something?
Now.. take a deep breath....

Any unnecessary click is one click too much. Sarah doesn't add any value. doesn't analyze the driving and make recommendations etc. Just 3-4 template text again and again. I'm also sick of it.

Better without it.

Why can't we just have a clean game?

Back