Force feedback and wheel settings

• Thread starter ianstewart
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here

I just purchased a new PS4 Pro and a Fanatec Elite wheel and ls pedal set and have loaded the latest drivers via my pc. I then connected it to my PS4 and it is working but with no apparent force feedback. I also cannot seem to find the Elite in the controller screen to adjust which button does what?

So 2 questions

1 how do I get the FF working on GT Sport (set at 100 in wheel top menu)

2 how do I access the wheel settings on GT sport to change button allocation

Thanks in advance

Go to options, press R1 to move to controller tab, go all the way down as the csl is the last option, open and change as desired!

As far as FFB goes, choose the driving options tab at the bottom of the screen before a race and scroll all the way to the bottom to select advanced options. Scroll down again to the force feedback max torque and force feedback sensitivity sliders and adjust to your liking. I have found my personal preference depends on the track and car class but ranges from a 3 torque and 7 sensitivity to a 5 - 9 selection. Also don’t forget to hit the little wrench button on the wheel and scroll over to the FF option to make sure it’s at 100. FEI option also has something to do with it but I can’t remember exactly. The three settings on the wheel itself is the For, SPr, & dPr options.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks all after updating all the games to the latest software the wheel works correctly and appears in the correct controller area

Last but not least, have fun!!!!
If you search the threads here (use the search function at top right of this screen) you will find a thread on the Fanatic wheel and good settings to use inside of your wheel menu. (the menu selection built in to the rim of the wheel) You probably want the PS force feedback max torque somewhere in the middle to the right of center in you settings screen on the TV.

Latest Settings for Fanatec CSL Elite with GT Sport.
(Trying to get it as close as I can to the feeling of Assetto Corsa)

Blue Mode

Wheel Settings
SEN - Adjust per vehicle by going to cockpit view and adjusting until the wheel in game matches your racing wheel visually. I have found that some GR 1 is around 54(540 degrees) and some GR3 is 72(720 degrees)
SHO - 100
ABS - off
DRI - -5
FOR - 60 (This is the setting that affects the violent under steer effects the most)
SPR - 100
DPR - 100
BRF - 30
FEI - off (I feel like this just makes the wheel rattle in a way that a car falling a part might feel and it feels more realistic when thi sis off)

In Games Settings
Force - 10
Sensitivity - 10

Blue Mode

Wheel Settings
SEN - Adjust per vehicle by going to cockpit view and adjusting until the wheel in game matches your racing wheel visually. I have found that some GR 1 is around 54(540 degrees) and some GR3 is 72(720 degrees)
SHO - 100
ABS - off
DRI - -5
FOR - 60 (This is the setting that affects the violent under steer effects the most)
SPR - 100
DPR - 100
BRF - 30
FEI - off (I feel like this just makes the wheel rattle in a way that a car falling a part might feel and it feels more realistic when thi sis off)

In Games Settings
Force - 10
Sensitivity - 10

FOR on 60 is excessive.. should reduce value to 30 or 40 . And the real origin of understeer excess is FEI not FOR ... as FOR regards overall force on All FFB effects... FEI reinforces canned effects like the understeer one...

Reduce FOR to 30 or 40 and set Fei to 30 or 50

I'm using the following settings in game: controller sensitivity 0, force 5, sensitivity 5

Blue mode
SEN dependent on car type
SHO 100
ABS off
DRI -2
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR - 100
BRF - 40
FEI - 50

I like my CSL Elite with CSL loadcell pedals a lot, but I kind of feel like there's more to get out of the combination of GT Sport and this wheel.

I'll try the settings as stated above but if others would also please post their settings, I'd be very happy to try them out. :)

I'm using the following settings in game: controller sensitivity 0, force 5, sensitivity 5

Blue mode
SHO 100
ABS off
DRI -2
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR - 100
BRF - 40
FEI - 50

I like my CSL Elite with CSL loadcell pedals a lot, but I kind of feel like there's more to get out of the combination of GT Sport and this wheel.

I'll try the settings as stated above but if others would also please post their settings, I'd be very happy to try them out. :)

I see a lot of people using ABS on 0 if you have the V3 load cell pedal all the ABS setting does is set at what percentage of braking the vibration motor kicks in for ABS alert

Everyone always says to keep FOR low, but I keep almost everything at 100, except for SEN and BRF. DRI is always -5. I also prefer the heavy steering. It may not be as fast as the lighter stuff but I don't care.

Everyone always says to keep FOR low, but I keep almost everything at 100, except for SEN and BRF. DRI is always -5. I also prefer the heavy steering. It may not be as fast as the lighter stuff but I don't care.
I even set FOR,SPR and DPR to120 with FF set to 100,but watch out for overheating(the cooling of my wheel is heavily modified to avoid this problem).

Last edited:

Blue mode
SHO 100
ABS off
DRI -2
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR - 100
BRF - 40
FEI - 50

Hints:

- 1st of all set in game: sensitivity 10 (GTS send so less FFB information to Fanatec wheels that you must "make" it give all that it can give (10 maximum value)

- BRF on 40??? Are you sure on that?? Truly??? Have you tried it Off or with 10??? (I also have the loadcell kit and use off and I feel good about it...

-I´ve never tried the combination of In Game Torque Force 5 with FOR 100... honestly I use In Game Torque Force 10 and FOR from 20 t0 40 ... but I think that it´s mostly the combination of the 2 item values... that results better to each one... that you should use... and you should never use 10 on the 1st and 100 on the 2nd unless you want to turn your Wheel into a Fitness machine for your arms and fists... and also to burn their motors in a zippy ... of course.. and keeping both values low will not let you feel any FFB on the wheel... so...

My idea of keeping the In Game Torque Force on 10 or 9 is almost the same why I consider that you must have in game sensitivity on10 (low information on FFB sent to the CSL or then a very low sensivity on Fanatec to GTS FFB outputs...) GTS FFB effects are ... weak.. when you compare with AC, PC2 or F12017 (for example) and so if i max the uotput on that subject I´m trying to get the max that GTS can send to a wheel.. pretty much... problem is... clipping... to much FFB input on a wheel may produce clipping. and that is mostly .. loss of true FFB.. . with excess of pure Damp feel whic is not what true FFB feel is about... feeling a wheel heavy... simply and having a strong torque prodced by it.. does nt mean yu´re getting the FFB that you need.. and that is the feed back from the wheels on the tarmac, on the curbs, the loss of grip or the real grip when you have it... the understeering effects .. that is the information that you must have and need from a wheel with a good FFB output... not just to feel it heavy on your hands...

You may like.. but I don´t think that ´s a correct setup for you to use if you want your wheel to last... on 1st place... as for getting the "real FFB" feel that you need to feel and interpret, when racing... I truly believe that you´re not getting it with that setup.. but you feel good about only reaching for a part of the information that the wheel can give you.. and don´t care about what your missing... (you´d probably dont even know how to use it... if you had it so... It´s almost like: "what you dont know about, cant hurt you..." is mostly what may be happening. and since this is making you feel happy!!!

So... go on!! Keep your hapiness on high, dude! :)

And probably you don´t even know what clipping is.. so.. even better!!

Last edited:
I concur. My in game FFB is at 80 or 90 and my Fanatec force is usually 40-60 and FFB around the same, I cant imagine I would want the wheel to feel any heavier, above those settings you just could not move the wheel quick enough I dont think. Brake I have at 75-100 depending on car, I use ABS in game on weak, and ABS set at 70. Thats V3 load cell pedals.
I sure wish it had throttle adjustment in the configuration window

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. What I think would help us all to try each others (different) settings is if we maybe use a format like showed below. Would you be so kind to share your settings?

CSL Elite (Blue mode)

Controller Steering Sensitivity <value>
Force Feedback Max Torque <value>
Force Feedback Sensitivity <value>

SEN <value>
SHO <value>
ABS <value>
DRI <value>
FOR <value>
SPR <value>
DPR <value>
BRF <value>
FEI <value>

Last edited:
Thank you guys for all the suggestions. What I think would help us all to try each others (different) settings is if we maybe use a format like showed below. Would you be so kind to share your settings?

CSL Elite (Blue mode)

Controller Steering Sensitivity <value>
Force Feedback Max Torque <value>
Force Feedback Sensitivity <value>

SEN <value>
SHO <value>
ABS <value>
DRI <value>
FOR <value>
SPR <value>
DPR <value>
BRF <value>
FEI <value>

I would be more than happy too.............................once I get my wheel back from Fanatec for warranty repair.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, it took a week just to get an RMA to get it on it's way. They received it last Friday, hopefully it's all down hill from here
How long ago did you have to send your wheel in? I recall you saying they replaced your wheel base with a new one, did you get a new steering wheel too? Fanatec even offered to reimburse us for shipping too!!

Last edited:
As im new with the Fanatec, just switched from t300 to the fanatec so looking to get some wheel settings :P

Blue Mode

Wheel Settings
SHO - 100
ABS - off
DRI - -5
SPR - 100
DPR - 100
BRF - 30

In Games Settings
Force - 10
Sensitivity - 10

Whats your FF om the wheel tho ?

Ive also done as mirror man said with reduce the FOR and FEI

Back