Ford GT GT1 Matech Competition 2010

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 5 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
MATECH-logo-Martin-Bartek-59722-2010.jpeg

JM-BRNO02-034.jpg

After two years of successful GT3 competition, Matech Concepts set about designing and developing a brand new car: The Matech Ford GT1. It was designed and built to the specs of the 2010 Generation GT1 Class. It utilizes the exact same Ford Cammer V8 from the GT3 car but thanks to a special butterfly inlet, it gets an increase in 50 Horsepower. The car showed much pace in its short existence and even managed to dominate the 2010 24 Hours Of Le Mans until a accident took it out of the running.

This car's addition would bring Matech concepts to GT and along with it, the most powerful and potent modern day Ford GT Race car that ever existed.

Engine:
Ford 5.0L Naturally Aspirated V8
Horsepower: 600 Hp
Transmission: Hewland 6-Speed Manual
Weight: 1200Kg
Drivetrain: RWD

Note: I realize there is a thread here but its both incorrect AND its wrongly formatted.

Note: I realize there is a thread here but its both incorrect AND its wrongly formatted.
And this one isn't?
Guidelines
Specific racing model: [[Make] [Model] OR [[Chassis] [Engine]] [Series/Level if applicable] [Team] [Number/Drivers if applicable] [Year]
Example: [McLaren] [MP4/8] [Lamborghini] [1993] = McLaren MP4/8 Lamborghini 1993
Example: [Peugeot] [306 Cosworth] [BTRDA Rally Car] [#9 Andy Burton] [2011] = Peugeot 306 Cosworth BTRDA Rally Car #9 Andy Burton 2011
Example: [Toyota] [Avensis] [BTCC] [Handy Motorsport] [#11 Simon Belcher] [2014] = Toyota Avensis BTCC Handy Motorsport #11 Simon Belcher 2014
Make: Ford
Model: GT
Series/Level: FIA GT1 or LM GT1
Team: Matech Competition
Year: 2010

Title: Ford GT GT1 Matech Competition 2010

If taken as a "Base Model" suggestion (which, for my money, all race cars should have), all the other thread is missing is a year...

And this one isn't?

I feel it isn't. Ford had nothing to do with car apart from the engine and didn't even support any of the GTs (money or actually parts wise) that raced throughout the world so it isn't a Ford. That's where the other thread is wrong and it didn't even include the year.

Last edited:
The looks, it says it all.

Just a thing, the thread should be called Matech Ford GT1, but I do understand the current designation 'cause it's easier to find it.

Doesn't this car have 600BHP, 1150KG?

Latest Posts

Back