Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 1996

From wikipedia:
For 1996, Ford finally did away with the aging 5.0 liter V8 in the Mustang, replacing it with a new aluminum 4.6 liter, DOHC, "modular" unit that was smoother and had slightly better fuel economy. This engine produced 305 hp (227 kW) and 300 lbf·ft (410 N·m) of torque, making the new Cobra capable of 0-60 in 5.0 and a 13.5 second quarter miles. Early models were backed by the Borg Warner T-45 5-speed manual transmission. Late in 1998, Tremec bought production rights for the T-45, although it remained unchanged in terms of strength.

1996 Mystic Cobra
In 1996 Ford also introduced the Mystic Cobra which featured color shifting paint manufactured by BASF. The paint was green based and depending on the angle it was viewed, 7 different colors were viewable with emerald green, purple and amber/gold being the most prominent. Two thousand 1996 Cobras were produced with the Mystic paint option (LF), each accompanied by a distinguishing certificate along with the SVT certificate. Because the paint has special proprietary uses, any remaining quantities are very tightly controlled thus requiring a VIN verification through a complying Ford body shop to properly repaint damaged areas.[4]

1998 Cobra
The 1998 Cobra was the last year of the return style fuel system which was replaced with a newer returnless system in 1999. The 1998 Cobra came with a 1995 Cobra R style wheel, but it's dimensions are 17"x8" compared to the Cobra R's 17"x9".

98_ford_mustang_cobra.jpg
1996MysticCobra-2.jpg

Ok, so they aren't as exotic as the Cobra R, or as fast as the Boss 302. But the 98 Cobra (and GT) was in GT2, they are cars that got many people into racing, and drive very well, and deserve to be in the game.

Would like to have this car come back, it was in GT2 then it's just disappeared in the dark cloud along with a lot of cars, in other words voted 👍

I love how i made the Votes raise up by 7 votes for just posting in this thread, this is might be my new plan, post on old suggestion that no one cared to post anything.

Back