Ford vs Holden

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 54 comments
Australia
Australia
SpacedustDaddy
Older than time, The Ford and Holden have one of the longest standing battles. With local production of these cars to end(Ford has already shut down production of all Ford AU cars, Holden to shut down next year), T10 have made sure these cars carry on in all their virtual goodness.

Express your loyalty to the Blue Oval or Red Army. Are you "Tru Blu" or a die-hard fan of "The General"? Are you a "Fix Or Repair Daily" or "Common-dore" enthusiast?
Share all things Falcodore.

Let owners know where the latest Cruises, Car shows, drags, "skids", swap meets will be. Cheers!

Definitely Holden, especially now Vauxhall have been importing them since 2004.

That said, I like the Ford offerings as well, just not as much.

I can't wait to make paints for them all.

I've never really been a fan of GM to be honest,besides a handful of Corvettes and yes i saw what i did there lol,but yes I will drive anything and everything in a game like this.👍

I would say Holden. Just really like their HSV range. Ford is a bit.....bland lol. I guess also when I think Holden I think Aussie when I think Ford I tend to either think US or UK.

What's funny is, my Dad had a '69 Malibu wagon when I was born(almost like when Ricky Bobby was born :lol: ). I always liked the Mustang when I was little, didn't tell my Dad though.
When I saw my first V8 race on Speedvision, I had to get a Falcon. Once I got here, about 2 years after, I bought the car in my avatar. It wasn't a Mustang but, I was happy and had fun.

Oh yes, the Sandman was awesome in Mad Max. But, you see he had a Falcon to catch the bad guys. ;)

Last edited:
I know this isn't a wishlist but we need the LJ
1920px-1972_LJ_Lone_Oranger%3D%3D.JPG

You just wait... It may happen. Maybe it will join as a Forzathon unicorn. Would make sense, considering that only 150 E49s were ever made!

For now I'm in the Holden camp, seeing that one of the starter cars is the insane (at least by Southern European standards) Maloo. But I guess only time will tell? Australian car culture is a new world only waiting to be explored, for me.

You just wait... It may happen. Maybe it will join as a Forzathon unicorn. Would make sense, considering that only 150 E49s were ever made!

For now I'm in the Holden camp, seeing that one of the starter cars is the insane (at least by Southern European standards) Maloo. But I guess only time will tell? Australian car culture is a new world only waiting to be explored, for me.
Shame Chrysler pulled out of Oz and never returned with earnest. The current Dodge Charger (rebadged as Chrysler Valiant) would probably help soften the blow of losing the Falcon and Commodore. Especially if they sell the SRT8 one as the Valiant Charger. And use it in V8 Supercars.

But in the meantime, I suppose I'm a Ford boy.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep are still sold here. Especially the SRT variants are the most sold. The Hellcat engine is due to be put in the SRT Grand Cherokee.
So, there is some consolation.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep are still sold here. Especially the SRT variants are the most sold. The Hellcat engine is due to be put in the SRT Grand Cherokee.
I know, but it's only a van and a few Jeeps that're sold in Oz. hardly a fitting tribute to how great ChryslerOz used to be.

And the 300C/SRT-8.

I love the Pacer, Valiants, Regals. I'd definitely add to the title if, they add at least a Charger.

And the 300C/SRT-8.

I love the Pacer, Valiants, Regals. I'd definitely add to the title if, they add at least a Charger.
The 300 is more of a luxury car, though. The current Charger is more in line with the Valiant than the 300. Cheap, reliable (somewhat), quick family car. 300 is all that, except cheap.

Mmmm, for me it's Holden since it's, from what I know, a real Aussie brand rather than Ford :). Besides, I feel Holden is more dynamic to it's models thanks to GM's brands system (which some models are Holden's originals like the Commodore and the Monaro, and didn't get too ugly within the years too). Can't believe both will die this year, since both were cool and represented aussies very well :). And, even if I like them, don't understand Utes tho, really :lol:. I can understand aussie pickup love, but don't find reasons to make a modern El camino-style pickup-truck//saloon-sedan mix. Sorry, I'm not aussie...

Mmmm, for me it's Holden since it's, from what I know, a real Aussie brand rather than Ford :). Besides, I feel Holden is more dynamic to it's models thanks to GM's brands system (which some models are Holden's originals like the Commodore and the Monaro, and didn't get too ugly within the years too). Can't believe both will die this year, since both were cool and represented aussies very well :). And, even if I like them, don't understand Utes tho, really :lol:. I can understand aussie pickup love, but don't find reasons to make a modern El camino-style pickup-truck//saloon-sedan mix. Sorry, I'm not aussie...

Considering Ford Aussie is a 90 year old brand in Australia and has it's roots from there due to a separate entity from Ford America at the time. Also you don't have to be aussie to understand, just like small pickups here they are used in a similar fashion and if you knew the history that also factors in. Oh and it's also Ford who made the first ute, which to this day as you even see it yourself, is classic Australian in nature. I'd say Ford Australia is a real aussie brand and why many are upset that it and Holden are both no longer going to be homegrown manufactures.

Holden uses corporate GM engines, and has since they killed the Holden V8 in 1999. Ford used Australian designed and made V8s until 2-3 years ago, and still uses an all-Aussie straight 6.

Shame Chrysler pulled out of Oz

The ship was sinking at the time, and they were leaving one way or another--either by selling out to Mitsubishi like they did, or by Chrysler ceasing to exist everywhere, not just Australia.

The ship was sinking at the time, and they were leaving one way or another--either by selling out to Mitsubishi like they did, or by Chrysler ceasing to exist everywhere, not just Australia.
Coulda done what Ford and Holden managed. The Valiant had stagnated as the Falcon evolved and Holden started importing and Australia-ising the Opel Senator/Rekord/Commodore. Had they done the same with the Valiant throughout the 70s to keep it competitive, and especially in the 80s, woulda been a different story. Chrysler **** the bed in all markets in the mid to late 70s. Only thing that kept them afloat was probably their truck division in America.

Coulda done what Ford and Holden managed. The Valiant had stagnated as the Falcon evolved and Holden started importing and Australia-ising the Opel Senator/Rekord/Commodore. Had they done the same with the Valiant throughout the 70s to keep it competitive, and especially in the 80s, woulda been a different story. Chrysler **** the bed in all markets in the mid to late 70s. Only thing that kept them afloat was probably their truck division in America.

The only thing that kept them afloat was the government loan that Iacocca had to beg for. The reason they didn't update anything in the mid to late '70s is that they were already in big trouble. The first year of cost-cutting was 1972, and they quickly fell into the vicious cycle of no sales = no money = no new product = no sales.

Depends on which Ford and GM's are you talking about which i guess are the Ford and Holden's Builds in Aussie land. I'm not sure which side i'm with but if you asked this to those who's from Middle east then it's will easily be Holden's. Because GM decided to export the Holden Commodore, Caprice/Statesman and Monaro to here in middle east as Chevrolet Lumina, Caprice and Lumina Coupe. We also got the HSV Clubsport for the Commodore VE as the CSV CR8. Therefore creating some Holden fans who would likely to rebadged their cars back with Holden Logos because it looks "cool" i guess?

14272192_1779124175664206_1500387929_n.jpg

14099432_1364331373595100_2030210465_n.jpg

14310588_1786956768227698_307425945_n.jpg

13355421_1768495290063205_651288431_n.jpg

Someone gone a bit too far to import a maloo (i wish if we got them as well)
12301138_1668604860018960_75183834_n.jpg

Meanwhile the only time you will ever see a Falcon or any other Aussie Ford over here will probably be this...

start.jpg

It's all about the rivalry here.
Though the Falcon in the states came before the Mustang, Australian built Falcons were not exported anywhere else. Modern Holden Commodores were also redaged Vauxhalls in the UK.

You just gave me an idea..I wonder if you can put that engine in the Vandura..:mischievous:

In America I prefer Ford, however, in terms of what goes on in Australia, I am much more impressed with Holden. Hell, my dad works for Ford in Dearborn, MI but he owns an 04 GTO (Holden Monaro)

Back