Forza Horizon 4 Welcomes in Autumn

40 Forzathon points for regular wheel spins. Why was that changed?

Up against the 150FP charge for Super Wheelspins, the value seemed quite off. To be fair, Forzathon points are really easy to acquire, especially with the VIP house perk.

I never bought Wheelspins using Forzathon points, but I wish I bagged a few before the substantial price increase.

40 Forzathon points for regular wheel spins. Why was that changed?

I not to happy about it honestly. Earlier I was hoping to get 6 wheel spins & I only got one from my 60 Forza Points. I dont see the small wheelspins worth it anymore. Instead I will most likely go for the cars in there instead.

Clipboard01.jpg

Ummm, what are Sprint events? Do they mean road races?

Hmmm your thoughts on the following?

I was previously in summer season in the middle of the World’s Fatest Supercar business. I continued that yesterday evening in the autumn season and it’s near impossible to get 3 starts on it now. The cars have less grip in corners so cornering speed is reduced significantly. On top of that the roads are often wet and it seem to rain more than not.

I don’t think the time required to get 3 starts on the sprint races for example is increased because it’s not autumn?

So... on one side I absolutely do like the fact that the season you play in does affect these events. I absolutely do. But practically that means I am not going to bother with the World’s Fastest Supercar rides anymore until it is again summer. So I’m kinda locked out of this content.

And that also made me think, what are the best seasons to do what in? I would think it goes like this:

Summer: best for everything requiring grip like speed zones, speed traps, World’s Fastest Supercars, LaRacer events, ...

All other seasons: everything where grip is your enemy: drift zones, The Drift Club, ... etc. Which season is best for a drift event probably depends on how drifty your car is, if they are puddles or ice formations on the road in a particular season or not, etc.

I think my focus after the autumn events will be to start thinking about 3-staring all the drift zones in the game.

Was lovely to fire up the game this morning for half an hour before work and notice all the changes that a new season brings. What a phenomenal game this is!

Its a bit bad that the spins now are 40 forzathon points but besides the cars there is nothing else to spend them on. And i already have the 205 t16 Forza edition. I have over 700 forzathon points. And i don't give a crap about clothes that was the worst thing they could include in wheelspins and superwheelspins

Up against the 150FP charge for Super Wheelspins, the value seemed quite off. To be fair, Forzathon points are really easy to acquire, especially with the VIP house perk.

I never bought Wheelspins using Forzathon points, but I wish I bagged a few before the substantial price increase.

The value of a regular wheelspin vs super wheelspin is vague because we don’t really know the chances of obtaining each item.

Having set the price of a regular wheelspin to 40 points is ridiculous, considering that there is no compensation for duplicates.

I think the new values are fair. Think about it. We are 1 week into it and most people have a bunch of houses, hundreds of cars already! Imagine if wheelspins only gave out cars and credits. You’d have almost nothing left to unlock by now. I’d rather have those times I get a car from these feel a little more special.

I currently only have the one house I was given for free by the game & the other I was given free for being a VIP.

The only (affordable) house I would strongly recommend is the 2 million credit Fairlawn Manor property which unlocks fast travel.

Imagine if wheelspins only gave out cars and credits. You’d have almost nothing left to unlock by now. I’d rather have those times I get a car from these feel a little more special.

I'd rather have some sort of compensation for repeatedly "winning" duplicates of cosmetics that I already have. As of now, there's no item knockout or compensation for duplicates.

I'd rather have some sort of compensation for repeatedly "winning" duplicates of cosmetics that I already have. As of now, there's no item knockout or compensation for duplicates.
Agree. At least in FM7 crates, you'll get credits returned on driver suits already owned.

That I agree with. Should not get duplicates or get something for that.

Hmmm your thoughts on the following?

I asked Ralph and Ben about that in our interview:

GTP: For our readers’ sakes, can you explain how going from season to season might affect approaching Danger Signs or Speed Zones differently?

Ralph: I think the high level thing is that we’ve tried to ensure that while there are obvious differences between seasons, we’ve tried to make sure you can still do and have fun and succeed at all the gameplay in the game at any season. We don’t want you to feel like “oh, it’s spring, therefore Danger Signs are out, I just won’t do those until next week.” You should still be able to go in and have a crack at everything.

That said, I think Speed Zones are probably easiest in summer, or particularly when it’s dry in summer. I think Drift Zones conversely are easier when it’s wet or when it’s icy in winter. And flinging yourself off a big jump is pretty much season agnostic. Some of them have a little thinking in terms of run-up and stuff like that. Generally speaking, some seasons favor certain gameplay, but we’ve tried to make sure you’re not excluded from any gameplay based on the season.

It's harder, but possible, to ace most things in the game regardless of season. Next time you run it, go to the chapter select and see what the specific requirements are for the challenge. You may be closer than you think to three stars.

I think the new values are fair. Think about it. We are 1 week into it and most people have a bunch of houses, hundreds of cars already! Imagine if wheelspins only gave out cars and credits. You’d have almost nothing left to unlock by now. I’d rather have those times I get a car from these feel a little more special.

Quite.

I'm a little concerned about how grindy the game will seem to casuals, or at least those without VIP. I've had access for much longer than most, I'm sitting at level 250-something, and have taken advantage of the Mixer stuff. Even then, and with only a few cars and properties purchased, I'm at a little less than 12 million credits. I can almost get that most expensive castle, but then there's the 10 million one after...

But, I'm also sitting on 100 wheelspins. Not bought through Forzathon, but all from my levels. My garage is very nearly at 200 cars. With some of the more expensive properties and cars, I fear a GT Sport-like grind ahead. But then I remember it's early days, and most players probably end up with multiple wheelspins a day.

It is a little deflating when you get nothing but horns and clothing on a Super Wheelspin, but I agree that if those things weren't in the mix, the game would then be too generous with cars. However...

I didn't realize this was the case. Winning a duplicate car in FH3 awarded you with credits, so it's unfortunate that doesn't happen with other items here.

I suspect the duplicate clothing and horns will eventually get a patch to make it so that doesn't happen, or at least you get a small number of credits for it. PG seems very responsive to interacting with the fans and making a really good game, so they'll probably listen to the complaints.

So far I'm liking autumn better than summer, but I focus in on the dirt racing more than the road racing. Sliding around in the mud is pretty fun and some of those off-road monsters with 365 width tires just eat it up the terrain. Plus I like the scenery better too, the nice fall colors and whatnot are pretty pleasing to drive through.

Back