Forza Motorsport Road Map: Bathurst, Permanent Builders Cup Changes, New Features, and More

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
Last edited:
i would like to go back to Forza but as the only big hitter pc racer not to support VR , it just does not interest me. it's a shame as I really enjoyed the single player career mode on the older games.

Why are they spending all of these resources for the seven people that are still playing this game? It's primetime Friday night and there are less than 400 people playing this game that is less than a year old. This game was fun for a few weeks until it ran out of content and it was the same game we had 6 years ago with slightly improved graphics and wickedly worse stability and graphical issues.

Seriously there are group of a dozen or so of my friends that played Forza Motorsport 7 at least weekly up until the release of this and now we stopped playing all versions and moved on to some competing products.

I know they've spent tens of millions making what is basically the last game with a slight overhaul. But I don't see how they're recouping their money at this point. It must just be saving face although I don't think anyone really cares that much anymore either.

This game was such a disappointment I went out and bought a PS5 just to play Gran Turismo 7 so that I had a track racer that actually performed properly and had a good player base.

Why are they spending all of these resources for the seven people that are still playing this game? It's primetime Friday night and there are less than 400 people playing this game that is less than a year old. This game was fun for a few weeks until it ran out of content and it was the same game we had 6 years ago with slightly improved graphics and wickedly worse stability and graphical issues.

Seriously there are group of a dozen or so of my friends that played Forza Motorsport 7 at least weekly up until the release of this and now we stopped playing all versions and moved on to some competing products.

I know they've spent tens of millions making what is basically the last game with a slight overhaul. But I don't see how they're recouping their money at this point. It must just be saving face although I don't think anyone really cares that much anymore either.

This game was such a disappointment I went out and bought a PS5 just to play Gran Turismo 7 so that I had a track racer that actually performed properly and had a good player base.
GT7 also had a bad reputation during its first six months on the market, but the developers kept going to turn things around for the better. It paid off for GT7, so I don’t see why Turn 10 shouldn’t put in the effort as well.

The changes coming here are significant enough to bring players back around and potentially convince new players to finally give it a try. Also, they aren’t in a position to quit. Forza Horizon is a big success, so leaving Forza Motorsport to rot away would be bad publicity on so many levels. Not an option.

Last edited:
When are they going to fix the most glaring issue of all, the sound !
Not being able to hear the engine is the most annoying thing of all.
Secondly, why no Surround Sound?
That is just plain irresponsible.
There literally is surround sound. I play it in 5.1. Must be your setup.

You're going by steam numbers right? Not indicative of the actual amount of people playing the game as the player base is almost entirely on xbox.

Huh, I was completely wrong about Sunset Peninsula it seems. Hopefully they're going to tweak the oval part some to make it feel more disctinct from Daytona (still think they should make it more Talladega-like for the benefit of having a track designed to let hypercars really use all that absurd power), but aside from that it'll be nice to have more variety. (sedona was better though, fite me)

Just wish they were adding a toggle to force stock configs in Freeplay though. It's kind of annoying to want to do a spec race and still having half the field sporting race aero and giant ugly rims, even if you set the PI upper limit to the car's stock value.

GT7 also had a bad reputation during its first six months on the market, but the developers kept going to turn things around for the better. It paid off for GT7, so I don’t see why Turn 10 shouldn’t put in the effort as well.

The changes coming here are significant enough to bring players back around and potentially convince new players to finally give it a try. Also, they aren’t in a position to quit. Forza Horizon is a big success, so leaving Forza Motorsport to rot away would be bad publicity on so many levels. Not an option.
Personally I think GT7 still had a great core on launch. I don’t think FM 2023 does at all. I’m more of a single player type of player, and fm really offers nothing worth investing time into at all.

Huh, I was completely wrong about Sunset Peninsula it seems. Hopefully they're going to tweak the oval part some to make it feel more disctinct from Daytona (still think they should make it more Talladega-like for the benefit of having a track designed to let hypercars really use all that absurd power), but aside from that it'll be nice to have more variety. (sedona was better though, fite me)

Just wish they were adding a toggle to force stock configs in Freeplay though. It's kind of annoying to want to do a spec race and still having half the field sporting race aero and giant ugly rims, even if you set the PI upper limit to the car's stock value.
They could try altering it into a standard oval like Eaglerock; I believe as it left the series, it's a tri-oval shape like Daytona.

And still no Monza raceway… 😩 Instead : a fictitious raceway !
Bathurst is good news, it reminds me a lot of fun 🙂
Another thing : why can’t we, as in Forza Horizon, start the game with the last car used ? Waste of time in many case to choose a car in the list. And why, when we look for a Zenvo, must we scroll at the beginning of the list to choose an Alpine ?! It could be so simple to scroll from « Z » to « A ». As in Forza Horizon, again.
And in the tuning section, when we change of motor, for example, we cannot see a curve showing how it impacts power and torque ? Once again in FH 5 (4,3, etc….) this function is very very practical to see immediately the result of any changes.
Last, any chance to see a 992 Turbo S which should be very different from the old 2014 Turbo S ?…
Well, still a lot to do, simple options which can be added without developing millions lines of code and give us a better experience.

Last edited:
Now Mike Caviezel (sound director FM1 - 6) is back at T10, I would love a new mix at some point.

He gave Gran Turismo excellent sounds, and plus I can still remember how awesome not only the engine sounds, but also the tire squeeling sounds were in FM4.

Last I heard he is also a musician and made a few songs for GT7.

Last edited:
why can’t we, as in Forza Horizon
For balance, FM does also have some things it does better than Horizon. The "skip lap" feature in rivals is good, as is the ability to change the build and view the leaderboard from within rivals. The ability to add ballast is also good for reducing the PI of some cars a bit. I agree it would be nice if it had all the little QoL features that Horizon has that aren't in FM.

Latest Posts

Back