• Thread starter Famine
  • 29 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I don't play Forza Motorsport 8 but I thought to head to the xbox store to claim the Porsche 963 for free. But I can't find it on the store.

Just saying.
I found it with YOUR link. At the end of the listing, it says something to the effect of "Load More", and I clicked it. There was the Porsche stuff at the bottom.

Just saying. 🙂

Last edited:
There was the Porsche stuff at the bottom.
I did click on "load more". The Porsche was probably not available when I tried. :D

Now I got it as well but don't have the FM8 game yet, lol.

Last edited:
I did click on "load more". The Porsche was probably not available when I tried. :D

Now I got it as well but don't have the FM8 game yet, lol.
Yep I've got the Porsche pack after the update completed...there's a link in the what's new section of the game. Also I'm pretty sure the Cadillac Hypercar has the 2024 livery on it now on the menu screens🤔

Yeah, I must admit I'm not a massive fan of all this FOMO BS. Why not just add them as permanent events? I know they want the servers at full capacity but sometimes it's too much.

What I find a bit intriguing about this is, going by it having red number boards, Forza has the WEC version of the Porsche 963, not the IMSA version.
So they've managed to get a WEC car despite the Motorsport Games WEC licence.

What I find a bit intriguing about this is, going by it having red number boards, Forza has the WEC version of the Porsche 963, not the IMSA version.
So they've managed to get a WEC car despite the Motorsport Games WEC licence.
If its true, maybe microsoft can tell PD the way to get that WEC car :D:cool::cheers:

Why does it have to be free only for a limited time?
It doesn't. Unless there is some very odd licensing agreement in place with Porsche there is absolutely no requirement for it become paid after a set time. I'd rather just have car parks than this weird "get it while you can!" approach.

Whisper it, but this Forza update has tipped the scales, I think, and it's now the best simcade racing game around. I did the 20 lap endurance race on Sebring with GT cars and oh my word, it was so much fun. The AI is far from perfect but, unlike GT7, they at least pretend to behave like real cars instead of moving cones, the day/night/weather effects are great, and it was genuinely exciting having to claw my way back from the field after a couple of mistakes forced me to do an unexpected pit stop.

I still think GT7 is the best driving game, and I love all the car information it provides, but the AI racing is just so stale... it's a pity.

Why does it have to be free only for a limited time?
Likely because they want players to act fast before it becomes paid. Similar to these "come-and-go" mechanics before a tour and its respective reward car disappears.

There is a way to get around this, by having the Xbox app on your phone if you're playing on an Xbox or PC if you're not using Steam. That way, if future DLC cars are like this (being free for roughly a week before it's completely paid), you'll almost never miss out, but don't take my word for it.

I remember in FM7, individual cars like this were permanently free and rightfully so until the game went to end-of-life.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back