G25 PS3 wheel and force feedback setting suggestionsF1 2010-2016 

Canada
Cumberland, BC
GTP_BlacqueJack
Any suggestions? I do not know if the settings I am using are optimal.

Appreciate any advice; then I'll look for tuning advice:)

I have a G25 and I'm happy to share my findings. I've been playing around with different settings and I keep discovering the little nuances of changing certain settings :dunce:

1. I have all Dead Zones at 0 with the G25.
2. All Saturation Settings are set to 100%
3. Force Feedback is at 100% strength.
4. Environmental effects. Here's what I think can make a big difference for people. A. The higher the setting the more your wheel reacts to the ruble strips, crashes and road uneveness. I've found that at 100% the wheel really shakes and reacts like it's supposed to and it does it well. However it can slow you down as you are really have to hold on to the car with these effects. If you turn it all the way down then the game feels like a racing game from the 1990's where you only feel the forces from steering. That's too old school for my taste, but some may like that. I've currently found a happy medium. I have it set to 50% right now. I've found I can drive more consistent laps and in long races this can help. BTW: They should call this Environement Force Feedback strength.
5. Wheel weight. This similar to the above, but in a different way. A lower setting will make driving the car easier to handle in long races, but too low of a setting will make the car feel like it's too light. Right now I have this setting at 30 weight.

I would reccomend playing with points 4 and 5 so you can see what I mean.

To recap my settings are:
All Deadzones: 0
All Saturations: 100
FF strength: 100
Environment FF strength: 50
Wheel weight: 30

Let me know what you think :)

This is what I use for G25 :

Steering deadzone 0
Steering saturation 50 [ 1-1 ratio ]
Steering linearity 100
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle saturation 100
Brake deadzone 0
Brake saturation 100

Force feedback ;

Environmental effects 50
Feedback strength 100
Wheel weight 0

Yes the wheel is a little light with the weight set at zero , but it gets much stronger on cornering.
I dont like the effect of the wheel weight because its too crude, and I loose sesitivity with the car.
Unfortunatly there is no wheel sensitivity setting on PS3 anyway; so Ifind this the best compromise.

I really am clueless with my wheel's settings so what setting makes it easier to turn the wheel around slow sharp corners?

I am happy with my wheel seetings now.

I will post my settings later when I have access to my game; when I leave work early today!

Last edited:
same for me, with a little tweak!

Steering deadzone 0
Steering saturation 50 [ 1-1 ratio ]
Steering linearity 100
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle saturation 100
Brake deadzone 0
Brake saturation 100

Force feedback ;

Environmental effects 10 !! (because they are so so so strong when you pass over the stripes! Should have been lighter there, and harder on the road uneveness)
Feedback strength 100
Wheel weight 0 (you will see that you go faster with this turned to 0), the wheel weight factor of codemasters' games doesn't add anything to the force feedback informations, only a little bit more of useless hardness

I left mine on the defaults for saturation, and it hasn't given me a problem. I put all of the feedback to 100% (environmental, FFB, wheel weight). I like the sturdy and physical feeling. I find it increases the immersion of the game. Even on these settings this game is nothing like the FFB on F1CE. That game actually made my arms tired.

I agree. The wheel weight really only adds emersion into the game, but I'm finding I can drive faster and more consistent with it set lower. 0 is fine, but I have it 30 to give me a little something. Anything higher than that and the weight gets in the way of being consistent.
The trottle feel has been bugging me. It seems if you're not super carefull, the rev spike seems too sensitive. This seems to be the case in the lower gears. Anyway, I added 5% deadzone on throttle and found that to be a nice little tweak for the feel, especially in the first few gears. 💡

Dead zones set to 0 and wheel weight set to 100 ... I have more confidence with a heavy wheel.. I can also drive smoother and more consistent with better accuracy. Learning in go-karts a heavy wheel feels more natural.

Steering lineararity is what makes the wheel feel 1-to-1, not saturation. At 50is what I reccomend you try.
I'll have to go back to saturation to remember what that feels like again.:crazy:

I'm amazed that many of you are going for 50% saturation, it makes the car feel so knife edgy and pointy (probably faster if you get used to it) but horrible to drive IMO. I've mine set to 95% and that's what i'd recommend for a smoother drive, or to just keep it at 100%.

I have tried a variety of settings; still haven't found the one I prefer the most; very hard to tell differences of between 5-10% .

One of the 'coming soon' patches may also address forcefeedback strength?

I have tried a variety of settings; still haven't found the one I prefer the most; very hard to tell differences of between 5-10% .

One of the 'coming soon' patches may also address forcefeedback strength?

It definitely could be stronger overall, but somehow I doubt that is on their patch list because of all the other major problems. You tried these below exactly and didn't like it? I guess everyone has different tastes. I'm pretty happy with how the FF feels w/ those settings.

----saturation, deadzones---- -Steering deadzone - 0-Steering saturation - 100-Steering linearity - 100-Throttle deadzone - 0-Throttle saturation - 100-Brake deadzone - 0-Brake saturation -100-----Force feedback------Environmental effects - 100-Feedback strength - 100-Wheel weight - 30 to 40

I am currently using:

----saturation, deadzones---- -Steering deadzone - 0-Steering saturation - 100-Steering linearity - 60-Throttle deadzone - 0-Throttle saturation - 100-Brake deadzone - 0-Brake saturation -100-----Force feedback------Environmental effects - 40-Feedback strength - 80-Wheel weight - 50-60

I found with all Force Feedback settings at 100% the 'feelings' on my G25 were 'drowned out', and my current settings combo 'feels' appropriate; my perception is overall FFB is weaker' than GT5P :grumpy:

But I really enjoy this F1 game despite the bugs which will be fixed ? .....sooooon :)

If I could get the game to even detect my wheel. My wheel works perfectly in GT5, but when I run F1 2011, the wheel seem to be non-existent. I've everything from changing USB to recycle power. I have tried all the ingame setups, using custom wheel settings, - the 'Advance wheel settings' is greyed-out. I have the 60GB PS3 using the Logitech G25 wheel. Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Same set up as me.

Does it let you select G25 in the initial wheel set up? It is one of the choices; then you move on to button editing; once edited it changes the name to 'Custom'

Is your wheel plugged in when you turn PS3 on?

Anyone else with advice for him?

Can't remember, but is it like Dirt3 where you need to not touch DS3 and launch game with G25 button? Then game recognizes G25, and you have to use G25 for navigation-

Not like GT5 where you can use both.

Turn DS3 off- launch with G25- does it work then?

If I could get the game to even detect my wheel. My wheel works perfectly in GT5, but when I run F1 2011, the wheel seem to be non-existent. I've everything from changing USB to recycle power. I have tried all the ingame setups, using custom wheel settings, - the 'Advance wheel settings' is greyed-out. I have the 60GB PS3 using the Logitech G25 wheel. Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

There is a simple fix to the wheel not working in the game, disconnect all DS3 controllers while keeping the wheel plugged in. It should now say that there are no controllers connected, all you have to do is press the start button on the G25 and all should be fixed. Just remember that you cannot use the G25 and DS3 to navigate the menus like in GT5.

G25 will nav game menues, but not PS3 menu; you do need to have only wheel plugged in when starting your PS3. I use my PS3 remote to navigate the PS3 menu after.

Let us know if you got your G25 working; for set up suggestions see earlier posts 👍

Back