G27 Brake pedal radomly engaging. NEED HELP!!

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 2 comments
United States
MA
CAPECOD104 SGETI
I have PS4, a T300 with G27 pedals. I am using the Thrustmaster Wheel to Logitech Pedal Adapter .
I already posted this at the Project Cars thread. Sorry for double post, desperate for an answer.
The problem is the brake pedal randomly engages. Any where from 5-10% up to full 100%. Sometimes the gas stays at my input and other times the brakes goes full and the throttle goes to zero, even when I still have 100% full throttle. This happens for split seconds at a time. I used the HUD display and can see the brake pedal randomly engaging , the throttle going to zero. If you were driving behind me in a race you would swear I was brake checking you. I have tried on numerous tracks, numerous cars, quick mode, solo mode and online mode. Anyone have this happen to them?

This is what I have done to trouble shot the issue.

Unplugged wheel, yes I do have the switch on PS4.
Recalibrated the wheel and pedals.
Unplugged pedal adapter
I took apart the G27 pedals thinking it was the Potentiometers. Instead of cleaning the brake pedal, I switched out my full clutch pedal assembly with my broken brake assembly. I rarely have used the clutch, prefer paddles. So the clutch potentiometer is basically new.

I tried my PS3 with GT6 and the pedals work fine, not one issue. ????

I then tried PS4, Drive Club and again the peddles worked fine. ???

I need some help.

I am open to any and all ideas to fix this issue.

It sounds like an issue with the adapter, I'd try contacting the Ricmotech, I'm sure they'd help you out.
I've had issues where the pots would spin out of place a bit, but when that happened it would only engage like 1-5% max. Spiking at 100% and cutting off the gas sounds much more likely to be an adapter issue.

@grog thank you for your suggestion.

I contacted Ricmotech and we troubled shot , not the adapter. On a side note, he was willing to send a replacement free of charge if needed. Great customer service.

I did rebuild the database. still same problem.

updated firm ware to V25, same problem.
plugged in the original Thrusmaster T300 pedals, still same problem.
used a controller to make sure issue not with wheel or cables, same problem.

Time is running out, just hoping for a few more suggestions before I perform a complete re-install.

Back