G27 Pedal Wiring

• Thread starter jughead
  • 2 comments
Jugsta
Jugster
Here is the context for this request-

Also, this is terrible... Yesterday I was getting ready to do my cable management stuff. I had zip tied off my pedal cables while I worked on installing to the ozone. As I am cutting the zip tie with my wire cutters, I snagged the pedal cable at the same time. Sliced it right off! I was delirious I was so upset. Thankfully I am pretty sure I can purchase a solderless 9-pin connector and fix it. I just have to wait for the part to come in the mail. Ugh! Worst!

So I am having a lot of trouble finding correct information on the 9 pin layout for the g27 pedals. There are many conflicting wire diagrams floating around the web (including here at GTP).

I was able to take the connector apart but not without cutting the wires in the process. I feel confident in the pin placements I was able to record before cutting the wires.

5 Wires
Black = ground
Red = 5 Volt
Orange = throttle
White = brake
Green = clutch

Pin Placement (male connector as view from the plug side)
1 = black
2 = orange
3 = white
4 = green
5 = empty
6 = black
7 = empty
8 = empty
9 = black/red (does this make sense at all?)

Other people have reported using different pin arrangements with varying results including inverted accelerator function and not working at all. The only person to have claim to have fixed theirs configured it in a way that I am absolutely sure wasn't the way mine was originally built. To add to the confusion, people seem to be improperly numbering the pins (depending on their orientation) and the most information seems to be about the G25 pedals which have different wire colors (I believe the black and red are opposite).

• See the last post in this thread:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/70660-G25-pedal-plug-broken-need-a-wiring-diagram-please

I'm trying to figure out what to do before I take the broken cable in to an electronics store and have them solder the connector together. I could purchase a screw type connector and try it myself- giving me the ability to change it if it doesn't work correctly. But I would like to nip this in the bud as I've been waiting two weeks to get my new rig up and running.

I thought I would ask here first, hoping someone may have tried this in the recent past versus a guess and check method from conflicting and dated information found around the web.

Thanks!

Thanks. But as I mentioned- there is some incorrect information out there. Thankfully I tried searching with bing instead of google which led me to the correct layout. Thanks for the idea!

THIS is the correct layout. I can confirm it as I did myself.

Attachments

• G27_Pedal_Pinout.jpg
    G27_Pedal_Pinout.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,582
Back