G27 top buttons no longer work.

United States
Orlando FL
MontalvoMC
MontalvoMC
Just installed the Spec 2.0 update and my wheel was working fine.

I know the top two buttons were by default pre-update were rear view and flash/toggle highbeams

I downloaded the update and went to the options and chugged my buttons around to this

Top left rear view. Top right flash highbeams

Middle left look left. Middle right look right

Bottom left horn. Bottom right E-Brake

Only my bottom two buttons on my wheel work. I have set the settings multiple ways but no success.

Anyone else have this problem with there G27?

EDIT:

The bottom shifter buttons and the top wheel buttons are reversed.

The four red buttons on the bottom on the shifter are in this order, effect the wheel buttons.

Far left button on shifter is used for top left on wheel.

The two middle button are used for change view and pause by default are not effected.

The far right shifter button is the top left on the wheel.

And map the opposite if you want to map the shifter buttons.

Example map top left on wheel to have the far left shifter button used.

This helped me map my G27 buttons.

Last edited:
They do work, just had the same problem. Top left and right buttons on steering wheel are programmed with the red left and right buttons on shifter. The buttons work just use the shifter left/right red as the steering wheel left/right buttons and vice versa.

I'm still installing so ill get back soon.

On the bright side, we now have 4 working buttons, which in my opinion are sufficient enough.

Not really sure how that passes the debugging stage of development but I'm sure there will be a fix very soon for this issue. I'm experiencing the same issues as well.

On my G27, only the Left one doesnt work, the other is still for high beam on/off.
And did anyone tried a Premium car with a button map with "flasher"?

There is a bug, but im sure pd will adress it soon.

edit: confirmed that the 2 outer buttons on the shifter were swapped with the 2 top buttons on the steering wheel.

Last edited:

The four red buttons on the bottom on the shifter are in this order, effect the wheel buttons.

The two middle button are used for change view and pause by default are not effected.

Thank you, worked like a charm...

Work fine with me .
try re-adjust the settings and make sure you choosed the RIGHT steering wheel and the right button .

Can confirm reversed buttons. Top left and right buttons on wheel are actually gearstick leftmost and rightmost buttons and vice versa. So set gearstick left and right red buttons to what you want to see on wheel TOP left and right buttons. The other 4 buttons seem to be correct.
Way to test before release!

Back