Gas pedal dies.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have found on a couple of cars on GT7 the gas pedal intermittently wont work unless I tap the brake pedal.
Very annoying when I'm trying for a good lap time.
Has anyone experienced this problem and know of a fix?

I've seen this with my Logitech G Pro. I assumed it was possibly related to when I started using the DriveHub so I could use my TH8A with it. It's so infrequent I haven't thought much of it, it's probably only happened about 5 times in as many months.

So far it happens on two of the cars as in the Ferrari VGT and the Taycan Turbo S 19
You can never tell when its going to happen, sometimes its as soon as the auto drive finishes at the start and sometimes it starts a few corners into whatever track you are on and then it happens every other corner.
The Ferrari VGT is great for taking around the Nürburgring because it has so much power and handles so well but the dying gas pedal ruins the experience, the same goes for the Taycan.
So am I right in thinking its a glitch with certain cars?
If so how do I let GT7 know about it?

It’s likely your pedals, not the game, what wheel are you using?
Its a Thrustmaster T248, I don't thinks its a problem with the pedals because it only happens with two of the cars as in the Ferrari VGT and the Taycan Turbo S 19,

Thanks for that, ill give it a go
Worth looking at the pedal input meters in-game when it happens to check.
1724149531679.png

Left bar is the brake, right is the throttle. If there's trace input on your brake then you'd be able to see it there and then it's just a case of recalibrating or cleaning out the brake.

You can't engage the throttle on these cars when the brake is engaged. To me it looks like your brake is dragging at like 1% or so and cutting the throttle out. I would clean the brake pedal out.

That makes sense. A glitching brake pedal is common on a G29 at least. It's hard to tell when it starts out because the effect is minimal, esp if you're on VR because you can't see the input indicators. As it gets worse then you randomly start getting the engine struggling at high speeds in high gears, but it feels more like the engine is suffering fuel starvation or has some kind of iginition problem, it doesn't feel like a brake that keeps randomly grabbing. Outside of VR another indicator is the ABS indicator flashing when you're accelerating out of corners, if you have ABS set to either On or "Standard" or whatever that mode is that, I think, gives you ABS on cars equipped with it only.

It makes sense that it will block the throttle on only certain cars that don't allow you to use both pedals at once. I first noticed the problem some time back on F1 2020 with the DRS. DRS opens when you press the button, and closes when you touch the brakes. I started to notice the DRS closing while at full throttle at random moments down the straight. The brakes were randomly registering. Not enough to noticeably slow the car down but enough to close the DRS. I opened up the pedal box and cleaned out the pots with contact cleaner.

Worth looking at the pedal input meters in-game when it happens to check.
View attachment 1382461
Left bar is the brake, right is the throttle. If there's trace input on your brake then you'd be able to see it there and then it's just a case of recalibrating or cleaning out the brake.
I was going to start taking the pedals apart then I remembered I took a Curry's care and support insurance out when I bought the wheel. Sure enough it was still in force so I took it all back to Curry's and they replaced it.
Iv just taken the two problem cars around the Nürburgring a few times and the problem has gone.
One thing iv noticed about the new pedals is the brake pedal is a lot firmer.
Anyway thanks to you I'm now enjoying the game the way it should be enjoyed.
Many thanks.
Alan

I was going to start taking the pedals apart then I remembered I took a Curry's care and support insurance out when I bought the wheel. Sure enough it was still in force so I took it all back to Curry's and they replaced it.
Iv just taken the two problem cars around the Nürburgring a few times and the problem has gone.
Many thanks.
Alan
Happy to help mate, have a good one.

Many thanks.
Alan

Glad to hear you got it sorted. If it ever starts to happen again, outside of any warranty/return period, just go to the in game pedal settings and add some dead zone to your brake pedal. If the brake is sticking on say 1% at all time or intermittently, then just add 3% dead zone at the start of travel to nullify it. I like to leave my foot on the brake pedal, and even with stiff springs it still reads a few % when I do so I run like 15-18% deadzone in the start of my brake, to nullify my lazy left foot lol.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it sorted. If it ever starts to happen again, outside of any warranty/return period, just go to the in game pedal settings and add some dead zone to your brake pedal. If the brake is sticking on say 1% at all time or intermittently, then just add 3% dead zone at the start of travel to nullify it. I like to leave my foot on the brake pedal, and even with stiff springs it still reads a few % when I do so I run like 15-18% deadzone in the start of my brake, to nullify my lazy left foot lol.

That will work for a while but the problem gets worse with time so you'll end up repeatedly adding deadzone to keep ahead of it, which, obviously, means your brake pedal has a dead zone before you get the braking effort you wanted.

Also, for me at least, when I get the dodgy brake pedal starting, it fluctuates or flutters, and it still does this when I actually am applying brake pressure. This makes my braking more erratic.

Once it starts, the only real solutions are to replace the pedal box, or to take the covers off and clean the pots.

That will work for a while but the problem gets worse with time so you'll end up repeatedly adding deadzone to keep ahead of it, which, obviously, means your brake pedal has a dead zone before you get the braking effort you wanted.

Also, for me at least, when I get the dodgy brake pedal starting, it fluctuates or flutters, and it still does this when I actually am applying brake pressure. This makes my braking more erratic.

Once it starts, the only real solutions are to replace the pedal box, or to take the covers off and clean the pots.

True, it would be only a temporary fix at best for sure.

Now that iv seen how many people are a member on this site I thought I might pay for the site sponsor membership and show everyone a new kind of baseball cap that I have invented.
Basically it allows a variable flow of air to pass over your head whilst walking around, also if a gust of wind catches it the head strap automatically tightens keeping the cap on your head.
Iv made prototypes and worn them whilst I'm out and about and they are very light and airy to wear.
I'm looking for a company to take the product on in return for royalty payments.
The big question: do you think I have a chance of finding a company that would be interested on this site?

Now that iv seen how many people are a member on this site I thought I might pay for the site sponsor membership and show everyone a new kind of baseball cap that I have invented.
Basically it allows a variable flow of air to pass over your head whilst walking around, also if a gust of wind catches it the head strap automatically tightens keeping the cap on your head.
Iv made prototypes and worn them whilst I'm out and about and they are very light and airy to wear.
I'm looking for a company to take the product on in return for royalty payments.
The big question: do you think I have a chance of finding a company that would be interested on this site?
Was......this entire thread a disguised build up to a sales pitch?

Okay, it was one hell of a tangent. This is a Gran Turismo forum which seems an unlikely place to find a company willing to invest in your baseball cap invention.

I wish you well with it though.
I thought I would ask if you thought it was worth me paying to advertise it on this platform, after all people who are into sim racing come from all walks of life, maybe there's an entrepreneur out there that might take a shine to it.
And to be clear I honestly did have the problem I described which is now fixed because of the people on this site for which I am very grateful

By brake pedal gets a bit sticky at times. I just need to occasionally unplug the pedals and plug them back in. Kind of annoying.

Yeah I tried that but it made no difference, the brake pedal on the new kit is firmer than the old one so I think it was the old spring not being strong enough to set the braking force to zero when I took my foot off it which was the probable cause of the issue

I watched a YouTube video the other day and the lad did a time trial around the Nürburgring, his time came up on a world ranking leader board.
Does anyone know how I do the same as in get entered on the leader board?

I watched a YouTube video the other day and the lad did a time trial around the Nürburgring, his time came up on a world ranking leader board.
Does anyone know how I do the same as in get entered on the leader board?
Drive fast?

Without knowing more about what you saw, it's tough to say. Was it one of the weekly Time Trial events? If so, enter that and your time will be automatically recorded, whether you drive fast or not. Of course the faster you go, the higher you'll be.

That's the one, it would be interesting to see where I am in the world rankings.
I will most definitely be down at the bottom because the lad in that video is extremely good.

That's the one, it would be interesting to see where I am in the world rankings.
I will most definitely be down at the bottom because the lad in that video is extremely good.
It's an older daily race that isn't available anymore, so you've missed the opportunity. Daily Races run for a week at a time, from Monday to Sunday.

Back