Gearbox issueF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter acjy1985
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
UK
acjy1985
I have just started the final race weekend of the season in my Lotus. However, when I went to sort out my setup I noticed my gearbox ratios would only allow me to set 7th gear to a maximum of 199mph/320kph. Has anybody else experienced this, or is there a simple explanation that I have missed?

There are no massively long straights, but the start/finish is right after a long, very open and fast corner. I just find it odd that the range of all my gear ratios seem ridiculously small and that I hadn't noticed it on any other circuits such as monaco.

The set ups are all bespoke to each individual circuit, so your 6/6 wing levels at Monaco actually is a lot more downforce than a 6/6 wing at monza for example. For this reason the top speeds obviously differ from track to track, just that codemasters haven't set the proportions completely evenly so that some circuits it's much easier to reach top speed than others, hence some circuits you need to lengthen 7th gear and some you need to shorten.

The set ups are all bespoke to each individual circuit, so your 6/6 wing levels at Monaco actually is a lot more downforce than a 6/6 wing at monza for example. For this reason the top speeds obviously differ from track to track, just that codemasters haven't set the proportions completely evenly so that some circuits it's much easier to reach top speed than others, hence some circuits you need to lengthen 7th gear and some you need to shorten.

Thanks for your input 👍 but I don't think you completely understood, unless it is me who hasn't understood you. This query wasn't about why my car won't exceed that speed on the track, but when I actually go to set the ratios the highest number gear 7 will go up to(ie when I put the slider fully to the right) is just 199mph/320kph.

Is it set at 199 at every track ?
Impression I got from shaggy is that maybe its track specific.

Odd way of doing things though code masters.

Is it set at 199 at every track ?
Impression I got from shaggy is that maybe its track specific.

Odd way of doing things though code masters.

I've seen people posting setups with 7th gear set to 340kph+. Perhaps it is both car and track specific, but to be over 20kph different between cars seems a touch odd to me.

I've seen people posting setups with 7th gear set to 340kph+. Perhaps it is both car and track specific, but to be over 20kph different between cars seems a touch odd to me.

That's it bang on, it's track dependent - that was the main point of my previous post which I probably didn't get across in the clearest way. I remember in 2010 I would run 3/1 wings with default gears and reach a top speed of 186mph at Valencia and about 216mph at Monza - with the same settings - this is just being reflected in the gear ratios in the garage.

Cool. Thanks very much, that sorts it then. I will just get on with it and hope for a better car next season. Lets hope your mate in your profile picture doesn't get too much stick this weekend. Haha.

On a side-note: 320kph is fair enough for a Lotus, don't worry. You'll beat the AI, on Professional at least, easily - have fun. :)

acjy1985
Cool. Thanks very much, that sorts it then. I will just get on with it and hope for a better car next season. Lets hope your mate in your profile picture doesn't get too much stick this weekend. Haha.

👍 so long as he's no where near Felipe Baby he'll be fine :)

Back