General questions about features

• Thread starter Masanijey
  • 10 comments
Italy
Italy
Hello,
I'm really enjoying the game, which I started to play a couple of months ago.
I find it really well made in all the details, even though I think that some small features are missing (or at least I am missing), for people like me that is not super expert.
1- PP stock: I think it should always be visible in parallel to the "current" PP. Sometimes, playing with tuning, creates a bit of confusion when I have to choose a car for a new circuit. Having the PP stock it's a kind of information about the potential of the car;
2- A bit connected with the first point, I would like to see an indicator that shows if the car has been changed or not (kind of Stock y/n). For both mechanic part and body;
3- Car price save for the used car: this is a bit surprising for me. There is a market with used car but I cannot see how much I am saving if I buy used compare to brand new;
4- Estimated fuel consumption: When choosing a car for the right pit stop strategy, I think it would be useful to have that info together with the main data shown in the overview of the car. Actuality this info is not available at all;
5- Race info: why not put the info about nr of pit stop made and current type of tires in rank overview during the race?
And why not give the opportunity to have more info at the end of the race, like time for each lap?
About the pit stop, I'm still trying to understand if the tyres icon is really the one mounted during the pit..

What do you think? It's only me or these are legit expectations?
And how do you manage with some of these points?

Thanks!

There is always nice to have info that could be added to any existing info sheet.
Personally I wouldnt look at additional information, but having them anyway wouldnt do any bad.

1. PP stock - I dont see much value in this as PP is not quite useful as an indicator of how well a car can perform. For the game it really only sees use as a basic limiting factor outside of car categories.

2. Propably depends on the player - I dont have that lot of cars that are unmodified, and a slight indicator of not modified would be "random" PP values to a car ;)

3. Does it really matter how much you save? It is cheaper and either you want or need that car or you dont.

4. This is going to be difficult as fuel consumption of course has many factors contributing.
For example the Aston Martin DP 100 is a real waster when driving with AT and loses speed, but when driving with MT it both is faster and requires much less fuel.
Add to this that changing gear ratios has large influence on fuel consumption, and just knowing the unmodified value is as good as not knowing at all.

5. Pit menu definitly could be much cleaner.

There is always nice to have info that could be added to any existing info sheet.
Personally I wouldnt look at additional information, but having them anyway wouldnt do any bad.

1. PP stock - I dont see much value in this as PP is not quite useful as an indicator of how well a car can perform. For the game it really only sees use as a basic limiting factor outside of car categories.

2. Propably depends on the player - I dont have that lot of cars that are unmodified, and a slight indicator of not modified would be "random" PP values to a car ;)

3. Does it really matter how much you save? It is cheaper and either you want or need that car or you dont.

4. This is going to be difficult as fuel consumption of course has many factors contributing.
For example the Aston Martin DP 100 is a real waster when driving with AT and loses speed, but when driving with MT it both is faster and requires much less fuel.
Add to this that changing gear ratios has large influence on fuel consumption, and just knowing the unmodified value is as good as not knowing at all.

5. Pit menu definitly could be much cleaner.
Hello and thanks for replying and adding your point of view.
I think that what makes probably the difference is also the level of experience/progress in the game and knowledge about the cars.
Since I am not that expert I base a lot my choices on the indicator provided by the game.
But I completely get all your points.
Thanks a lot!

Hello,
I'm really enjoying the game, which I started to play a couple of months ago.
I find it really well made in all the details, even though I think that some small features are missing (or at least I am missing), for people like me that is not super expert.
1- PP stock: I think it should always be visible in parallel to the "current" PP. Sometimes, playing with tuning, creates a bit of confusion when I have to choose a car for a new circuit. Having the PP stock it's a kind of information about the potential of the car;
2- A bit connected with the first point, I would like to see an indicator that shows if the car has been changed or not (kind of Stock y/n). For both mechanic part and body;
3- Car price save for the used car: this is a bit surprising for me. There is a market with used car but I cannot see how much I am saving if I buy used compare to brand new;
4- Estimated fuel consumption: When choosing a car for the right pit stop strategy, I think it would be useful to have that info together with the main data shown in the overview of the car. Actuality this info is not available at all;
5- Race info: why not put the info about nr of pit stop made and current type of tires in rank overview during the race?
And why not give the opportunity to have more info at the end of the race, like time for each lap?
About the pit stop, I'm still trying to understand if the tyres icon is really the one mounted during the pit..

What do you think? It's only me or these are legit expectations?
And how do you manage with some of these points?

Thanks!

I agree with you. GT has always had some weird design choices in that respect and in many others. To address your points.

1. If you want to quickly check the stock PP of a car you can just create a new settings sheet. This will remove any parts added to the car and reset all the tuning modifications you've made. This will NOT however change/remove any parts added in GT Auto. Aero parts, different tire widths, and engine swaps will not be reset to stock.

2. If you're not currently "favouriting" cars in your car list you could use this feature to keep modified cars and stock cars separate.

3. There is a formula for this. I however do not know it. From memory, it is something like this. For every 25k miles on the odometer of the used car you get a 10% discount from the new car dealership price. These number are incorrect but if I recall correctly, that's how it works.

4. Generally speaking I believe "race cars" get better fuel efficiency than "road cars." You can also get a decent idea based on factors like displacement, number of cylinders, aspiration, and weight, However it is still a guessing game a lot of the time. Rotary engines are your friend.

5. You're not kidding. It's a pain and just another GTism weird design choice. Aside from your time, thankfully there is no loss from just doing a practice run of the race.

If you're willing to dig through these forums there is a huge wealth of knowledge, tips, and tricks. Just don't take anyone too seriously.

Last edited:
I agree with you. GT has always had some weird design choices in that respect and in many others. To address your points.

1. If you want to quickly check the stock PP of a car you can just create a new settings sheet. This will remove any parts added to the car and reset all the tuning modifications you've made. This will NOT however change/remove any parts added in GT Auto. Aero parts, different tire widths, and engine swaps will not be reset to stock.

2. If you're not currently "favouriting" cars in your car list you could use this feature to keep modified cars and stock cars separate.

3. There is a formula for this. I however do not know it. From memory, it is something like this. For every 25k miles on the odometer of the used car you get a 10% discount from the new car dealership price. These number are incorrect but if I recall correctly, that's how it works.

4. Generally speaking I believe "race cars" get better fuel efficiency than "road cars." You can also get a decent idea based on factors like displacement, number of cylinders, aspiration, and weight, However it is still a guessing game a lot of the time. Rotary engines are your friend.

5. You're not kidding. It's a pain and just another GTism weird design choice. Aside from your time, thankfully there is no loss from just doing a practice run of the race.

If you're willing to dig through these forums there is a huge wealth of knowledge, tips, and tricks. Just don't take anyone too seriously.
Thank you so much for dedicating time to this answer!
Many helpful tips here!
Really thanks

I agree with your first point. That would be helpful for choosing cars for PP limited events. Either showing stock PP or indicating the currently equipped tires would be helpful.

Regarding point 3: The savings are always insignificant, so IMO there's no point in ever buying a car available at BC from the UCD.

Last edited:
No. 5 - It's just an animation that takes no notice of your tyre selection. Whatever tyres you have on the car as you enter the pits will be the tyres that go back on the car in the animation. However, your tyre type will update as you exit the pit lane.

No. 5 - It's just an animation that takes no notice of your tyre selection. Whatever tyres you have on the car as you enter the pits will be the tyres that go back on the car in the animation. However, your tyre type will update as you exit the pit lane.
Yes, of course. But when the opponents pit, you see the icon of the current tyres, close to the stop counter, and only for one second (at the end of the pit) you see the new tyres.
At least this is what I understood.

Generally i would agree with you, the more options we are given the better our experience would be, if well implemented.

For 1) and 2)
You can make it easy for yourself, I usually save a tune profile dedicated to stock with the appropriate name and date to show the stockk PP
And my the garage view I usually can tell whether the car is tuned or not because I always change my wheels and lower my car compared to stock

For 3)
You can simply go to brand central and compare the price difference

I would also add:
We should be able to tell how much mileage we actually drove on an used car we bought...

Yes, of course. But when the opponents pit, you see the icon of the current tyres, close to the stop counter, and only for one second (at the end of the pit) you see the new tyres.
At least this is what I understood.

Yeah that’s what I meant. Your tyres don’t actually change (or the AI’s) until you leave the pit lane.

Generally i would agree with you, the more options we are given the better our experience would be, if well implemented.

For 1) and 2)
You can make it easy for yourself, I usually save a tune profile dedicated to stock with the appropriate name and date to show the stockk PP
And my the garage view I usually can tell whether the car is tuned or not because I always change my wheels and lower my car compared to stock

For 3)
You can simply go to brand central and compare the price difference

I would also add:
We should be able to tell how much mileage we actually drove on an used car we bought...
For the first point that's also a good idea! Thanks

Back